Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:26 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I just started watching it. Several good friends recommended it, so......

Awesome. Brilliant. Etc.

Kakashi's quite cool indeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:26 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm not crying. I just knew that it was going to come to Cartoon Network since last summer. The whole Toonami thing doesn't really bother me. I don't watch too much TV and I'm not allergic to dubs.

I doubt my brother has even heard of Naruto. But I know he's going to love it. Partially because he is within the target audience (13) and partially because he'll recognize the same characters from the AMV Naruto's United States of Whatever! which he thinks is one of the funniest things he's ever seen (Can't blame him....it makes me laugh too).

So with that in mind, I'm sure I'll be catching some of it on TV. I've never seen it before though I have read some of the manga, done some research and I've seen more AMVs involving the battle between Rock Lee and Gaara then I have fingers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:30 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
But the target audiance is the problem considering the Japaense are slightly more liberal. I doubt Amerikanski kids'll get to see Gaara crushing people to death.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

This news is great and bad at the same time. Because, as an american teen I will watch it because I've been intrested in Naruto for quite a while. But, knowing Toonami they will edit ALOT of episodes, I don't know about the names but any explicit or induendos will defintitly will be cut out. Now, if they put it on Adult Swim they will definetly let them get away with alot. But, for some odd reason with Naruto coming to America and all I feel like I'm going to be made fun of because things will be cut out and I wont know all the details. I know because it happened with me and DBZ.

Lovely Set By _jaye_

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:42 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Cyanna wrote:
So with that in mind, I'm sure I'll be catching some of it on TV. I've never seen it before though I have read some of the manga, done some research and I've seen more AMVs involving the battle between Rock Lee and Gaara then I have fingers.

That being said....I would like to vent something after having just read a few more volumes.

Oh yeah.....Ummm.....you'll be able to read this if you are using the subblack forum skin...otherwise just highlight to read. :P

*ahem*

SPOILER! wrote:
CRUD! In all those AMVs I've seen they never indicate that Lee LOSES in the end! Gaara just gets totally pwned for most of it.... Awwwww man! What a downer. And he had personality too...a lot more then I thought he would. *grumbles*

Dang....hope he heals...or something....I like him...he may not be easy to look at but I still like his character....as quirky as he is.

Don't let me know what happens later on okay? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:24 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Cyanna wrote:
Cyanna wrote:

That being said....I would like to vent something after having just read a few more volumes.

Oh yeah.....Ummm.....you'll be able to read this if you are using the subblack forum skin...otherwise just highlight to read. :P

*ahem*

SPOILER! wrote:
CRUD! In all those AMVs I've seen they never indicate that Lee LOSES in the end! Gaara just gets totally pwned for most of it.... Awwwww man! What a downer. And he had personality too...a lot more then I thought he would. *grumbles*

Dang....hope he heals...or something....I like him...he may not be easy to look at but I still like his character....as quirky as he is.

Don't let me know what happens later on okay? :)

Just wondering, but this was the "incident" that happened during the chunin exam right? If it is i felt terrible as well, he was kinda annoying to start off with but you had to like him towards the end.

Image Set-poala

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:52 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah...it was a bit of a shock. ^_^>

Normally I end up spoiling everything for me anyway due to looking at sites and watching music videos. I was able to discuss Evangelion before I even saw the series.

With what I already knew, I assumed that the result was going to be the opposite. So actually being surprised...that's rare for me. XD

I usually don't mind learning the positive spoilers. I'm an odd type....the more I spoil, the more I want to see. But it's the negative ones that get to me. I'm still irritated that I know what happens at the end of Cowboy Bebop. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:48 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Lee is back for a fight in episode 123 aparently. *Waits*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:49 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: New Jersey. The state we love to hate and hate to love.
You know what my friend just found out today? For the American Cartoon Network version they are changing Haku's gender. Yup. Instead of keeping him a very female looking guy, they're just going to make him a girl. They can't do that! :cry:

That right there ruined my day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:53 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

AFI_Sorrow wrote:
You know what my friend just found out today? For the American Cartoon Network version they are changing Haku's gender. Yup. Instead of keeping him a very female looking guy, they're just going to make him a girl. They can't do that! :cry:

Ah, the old Sailor Moon baddie trick. Just as bad now as it was back then o.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:15 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

If they're having problems with Hakus gender, imagine the coffufle over the main male character in FFXII...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:15 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Chanel wrote:
AFI_Sorrow wrote:

Ah, the old Sailor Moon baddie trick. Just as bad now as it was back then o.<

Ah no wonder when i watched sailor moon some characters always looked kinda...akward..lol. As for changing Haku gender i always thought he was a girl, but then again that was like episode 16 and i'm at 122...so my memory might be a bit fuzzled up.

Image Set-poala

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I was confused about Haku at first. He looks like a girl. I thought he WAS a girl until towards the end of the battle. But the only other "Haku" I know of is in Spirited Away...and that was definately a guy.

I finished what I could find of the manga....geez....it never ends does it. I thought once good guys were getting knocked off and bad guys were having redemptive moments, that would be it right? Nooooooo. :P

And Kimimaro is creepy. I thought Gaara was creepy enough. But Kimimaro is like...Revenge of Creepy. *shudders* He's another one that REALLY looks like a girl.

The more and more I read...the more I wonder how in the heck is this going to be tamed enough for Toonami. Gaara's abilities are rather scary. Orochimaro is also not easy for the eyes. Although it's a long ways into the plot, I was especially wondering about the Kimimaro battle (if it gets that far). That fight (along with the others that happen at the same time) seems rather unavoidable. But Kimimaro's abilities... Geez...gave me the shivers and I'm 20...

I was never a regular DBZ watcher. I don't know how significantly the show was altered and the lengths a company would go to sterlize an episode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:04 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

DBZ went to the extent where they didn't bother covering up that they had cut scenes, so the episode would be literally jumping all over the place.

Orochimaru will just have his name changed to Michael J or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:34 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

With Sailor Moon there was not a well establish fan base in the US when Cartoon Network localized it, so pretty much no one said anything, or even noticed CN conveniently changing the gender of certain "bad guys." In comes the problem with Naruto, because in case CN didn't notice, there IS a well established fan-base for this new anime that their trying to pull the gender switch with. One they could get lots of angry mail from loyal Naruto fans crying "foul," and two there'd be lots of Naruto fans explaining to the kiddies being exposed to Naruto that Haku is really a guy and that CN is trying to protect the kiddies from... well we don't know what.

Then again if most of the fans are like me then we'd just trying to avoid CN's "pasteurized" version of Naruto at all cost, exactly like what I'm doing with the FoxBox chopping my beloved One Piece to shreds.

Boo-hiss.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next