Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

SpiraLethe wrote:
Even if Snape did have a chance then, I don't see why he'd do it. It was Draco's job. Only when Draco obviously could not do it, would he have to step in.

But... he didn't know Draco's job at the time...

(If you're wondering why I'm so upset that Snape probably isn't evil, it's because Dumbledore would be even more of an idiot if he wasn't. And you can't kill Dumbledore and still be on Dumbledore's side. It's just not on.)

EDIT: Well, there is always the possibility that he's looking out for his own interests, plain and simple. Saving Dumbledore's life would pay off the first time, because there is still a lot to be gained from working both sides. Obviously, it would not work out on the Astronomy tower. Rankles a lot less, and keeps the basic appeal of Snape intact.

EDITEDIT: That and we're not supposed to feel sorry him. That would work if he were chaotic neutral.

EDITEDITEDIT: Oh, I decided to tally my theories. Here we go:

Predictions
Right 9
Wrong 6
Unresolved 10
Void 1
Debatable 1

Hopes
Right 2
Wrong 1

Fears
Right 1
Wrong 1
Unresolved 1

Correct predictions include "who dies" and "next Minister" (not Scrimgeour, obviously, but I knew the next Minister would suck and not be Amelia Bones.) Incorrect predictions include "Half-Blood Prince." Do you really need to know what the "Debatable" one is?

Anyway, with this much unresolved, I can't see how it'll all be wrapped up on VII.

Do what you will; but I will hinder it if I may.

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Okay, I just finished it. After being distracted for an entire week, I finished it. It was a good book and all but I don't understand why people think Snape is on the good side. I read over the posts and I couldn't understand it.

Anyone care to explain?

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:32 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Ammer wrote:
Okay, I just finished it. After being distracted for an entire week, I finished it. It was a good book and all but I don't understand why people think Snape is on the good side. I read over the posts and I couldn't understand it.

Anyone care to explain?

Snape makes unbreakable vow
Snape tells Dumbledore
Dumbledore knows for some reason he will die anyway
Dumbledore lets Snape kill him so he doesnt die from the vow, and saves face with the death eaters
Snape has some Dumbledore plan he's still working on.

(not that I believe this)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:33 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

It's more reading between the lines than anything else. Dumbledore pleading and begging for Snape to kill him, rather than not. Snape's importance to the Order of the Phoenix and Dumbledore's unrequited trust in him are two other points. The Unbreakable Vow is another decent point to make.

I suppose there are many reasons if you read the book carefully enough.

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ammer wrote:

Anyone care to explain?

Because it's purposely left ambiguous. There is stuff written in the book that leads him to be either on Voldemort's side or on Harry's side, and that is the point. JK wants us to wonder, otherwise it would be a pretty boring book.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've read some pretty good editorials on Mugglenet (<3) describing how Snape could very well be good.

And BTW, I don't know if this has been said yet, but what if Dumbledore didn't die of the curse. He could very well have died from the fall from the tower.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:13 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

It seems like the HP fans are now split into either the "Snape is Evil" or "Snape Is Good" camps, and both find the opinion the people belonging to the other camp unbelievable. I'm in the "Snape Is Good" camp. Well, maybe not good... "Snape is on Harry's side" Camp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Josephine wrote:
It seems like the HP fans are now split into either the "Snape is Evil" or "Snape Is Good" camps, and both find the opinion the people belonging to the other camp unbelievable. I'm in the "Snape Is Good" camp. Well, maybe not good... "Snape is on Harry's side" Camp.

I'm kind of in both...

Or more of the "Snape is a bit fat idiot, but I think he may still be good, maybe"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:03 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Snape is BAD guys, he's bad. Why make the unbreakable vow in the first place?

Edit: IMHO anyways.

Set by Twisted Sanity.

Last edited by VeraX on Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:09 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I don't think Snape is on Voldemort's side but I don't fall into either category, after all only the author really knows so neither opinion is really unbelievable. I do find it amusing that it's caused such aggro though all over the place with people being called delusional, in denial, or not "getting" the book, heh.

Who says we all have to agree anyhoo? ;)

Petpet Central

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

VeraX wrote:
Snape is BAD guys, he's bad. Why make the unbreakable vow in the first place?

Well, so that Bellatrix wouldn't kill him. You have noticed the way he values his hide. But anyway, I think his hand twitched and he hesitated only because the third clause undoubtedly meant that he would have to stop playing the double agent.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. Ding, dong, the month is dead. Which old month? The seventh month! Ding dong, the seventh month is dead.

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:02 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

We can't say stuff like "SNAPE IS BAD." Because we don't know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:51 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Josephine wrote:

A sad state of affairs, but true.

I've been pretty indecisive over the past couple of days, but I think I'm sticking with self-interested, amoral, and perfectly hateable.

A friend on AIM brought up the point that of course Voldemort knows Harry cares about Ginny, so she's got HOSTAGE written all over her. Yeah, friends, that's why you don't engage in PDAs. The moral of the story seems to be that if you've ever been good friends with Harry Potter, you are just screwed.

It's interesting how few predictions we can make about the seventh book. Most of the early theories for previous books (and the seventh) were like "next DADA," "House prefects" and so forth. Hard to get used to a Potterverse with no Hogwarts...

The only one Malfoy can count on for protection is Snape, though. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out (well, Snape might just bring up the Vow to Voldemort, but there are any number of ways it can go.)

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:31 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Dunno... maybe inconsciously we trust Dumbledore so much that he's got us convinced even in death.
I asked my brother, and he replied "Well, maybe he's good... of course he killed Dumbledore, otherwise the Unbreakable Vow'd killed him!"
So for him Snape is good but a coward ultimately.
After all, he didn't kill Harry. He could have, but he didn't.
Gah, I just don't have any clue.

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:14 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Josephine wrote:

Well, we can say it, doesn't mean its right.

Set by Twisted Sanity.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next