Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: MTV VMA's
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:08 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Even though I am displeased that Diddy is hosting the show, it looks likes there will be some tough competition this year. To save time, I'll just post who I hope wins.

MTV2 Award: The Bravery "An honest mistake
Breakthrough: Gorillaz "Feel Good Inc."
Rock: Weezer " Beverly Hills" or My Chemical Romance "Helena"

Himura the Battousai

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:45 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

When is it going to be?

And "Breakthrough" for the Gorillaz? Isn't that for previously unknown bands who break through?

Faith is often the boast of the man who is too lazy to investigate. ~ F.M. Knowles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:01 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I prefer the MMVMAs heh.

Any half decent performances?

generally unimpressed. Koku.

Post subject: Re: MTV VMA's
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:18 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Kevco wrote:
Even though I am displeased that Diddy is hosting the show, it looks likes there will be some tough competition this year. To save time, I'll just post who I hope wins.

MTV2 Award: The Bravery "An honest mistake
Breakthrough: Gorillaz "Feel Good Inc."
Rock: Weezer " Beverly Hills" or My Chemical Romance "Helena"

Ahh I plan on watching them, they come one a few weeks before I fly over back to Germany, I'm very happy. I would of never guessed that P Diddy would ever host, you'd think he is too big of a superstar to host a show. I think I may post my want to be winners.

But for the rock I rather have Weezer then My Chemical Romance as I hate MCR really badly.... :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:26 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Stijn wrote:
When is it going to be?

And "Breakthrough" for the Gorillaz? Isn't that for previously unknown bands who break through?

The 28th. And I guess you could call it a breakthrough, even though "Clint Eastwood" was nominated for the MTV2 award in 2001.

Performances" Kelly Clarkson, The Killers, Kanye West. There's more, but I am sure you are really not interested.

What's the MMVMA's?

Himura the Battousai

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Funny, I could've sworn there was a topic on this already. But I don't see it anymore, so whatever. :P

The MMVAs are the Muchmusic Video Awards- it's a Canadian thing (Much is to Canada as MTV is to the US).

Anyway...

http://launch.yahoo.com/promotions/videomusicawards/ (scroll to the bottom)

Apparently they changed how the "Breakthrough" category works...cause all the artists on there are already quite famous.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:18 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I think that the "Breakthrough" category isn't for breakthrough artists...just for breakthrough videos (ie videos that are so original and awesome that you just HAVE to give them an award). I can see how Feel Good Inc., Mosh, and World on Fire were nominated for that, but...Vertigo and Lose Control don't seem all that original to me for some reason.

Besides, there's already a Best New Artists category. So the Breakthrough category can't be like that category because it'd make no sense.

Who I want to win-

Video of the Year- the only video that really deserves to be on this list in my opinion is Kanye West's Jesus Walks. Green Day's gotten boring, and the others I hate to itty-bitty pieces.

Best Male Video- same as above.

Best Female Video- Um, Kelly Clarkson I guess. Most of the videos in this category seem basically the same in my opinion.

Best Group Video- If the Killers don't win this, I'm going to scream very loudly.

Best Rap Video- Either Eminem or Ludacris. Both of the videos really amuse me.

Best R&B Video- John Legend.

Best Hip-Hop Video- Kanye West once again.

Best Dance Video- Ciara's 1, 2 Step is the only video I can actually see myself actually dancing to.

Best Rock Video- Weezer.

Best Pop Video- All of the videos suck. -_- (Except for maybe Kelly Clarkson, but I liked Behind These Hazel Eyes better.)

Best New Artist in a Video- The Killers. Again.

MTV2 Award- ...what exactly is the point of this award again? (Oh, and I want the Bravery to win this one.)

Breakthrough Video- Sarah McLachlan.

And I'm going to completely skip the rest. *nod* Right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Loose Control is a pretty awsome video if you ask me, although Im not that into the song really.

~~ Set by YesItIsh <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:34 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Launch wrote:
Coldplay and 50 Cent have joined the list of performers for the "2005 MTV Video Music Awards," to be presented Aug. 28 at the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami.

Yay Coldplay! (Boo 50 Cent. :P)

Launch wrote:
The show will be hosted by Diddy, formerly known as P. Diddy and Puff Daddy.

Oi. *scratches head* This just makes everything so much more confusing, after how many name changes? Yeesh.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:03 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Yoshi wrote:
Launch wrote:
Coldplay and 50 Cent have joined the list of performers for the "2005 MTV Video Music Awards," to be presented Aug. 28 at the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami.

Yay Coldplay! (Boo 50 Cent. :P)

Launch wrote:
The show will be hosted by Diddy, formerly known as P. Diddy and Puff Daddy.

Oi. *scratches head* This just makes everything so much more confusing, after how many name changes? Yeesh.

Poor Yoshi, being forced to remember all these name changes... :P

*pokes Kevco* You've been watching TV too much, my friend. But either way, I'll agree with you about Weezer. ;)

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:10 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Breakthrough wrote:
Who I want to win-

Video of the Year- the only video that really deserves to be on this list in my opinion is Kanye West's Jesus Walks. Green Day's gotten boring, and the others I hate to itty-bitty pieces.

Best Male Video- same as above.

Best Female Video- Um, Kelly Clarkson I guess. Most of the videos in this category seem basically the same in my opinion.

Best Group Video- If the Killers don't win this, I'm going to scream very loudly.

Best Rap Video- Either Eminem or Ludacris. Both of the videos really amuse me.

Best R&B Video- John Legend.

Best Hip-Hop Video- Kanye West once again.

Best Dance Video- Ciara's 1, 2 Step is the only video I can actually see myself actually dancing to.

Best Rock Video- Weezer.

Best Pop Video- All of the videos suck. -_- (Except for maybe Kelly Clarkson, but I liked Behind These Hazel Eyes better.)

Best New Artist in a Video- The Killers. Again.

MTV2 Award- ...what exactly is the point of this award again? (Oh, and I want the Bravery to win this one.)

Breakthrough Video- Sarah McLachlan.

And I'm going to completely skip the rest. *nod* Right.
[br]I agree with what he says.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:49 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Kevco wrote:
Stijn wrote:

And I guess you could call it a breakthrough, even though "Clint Eastwood" was nominated for the MTV2 award in 2001.

It could be considered a breakthrough. If I'm recalling the correct awards show, Train won the breakthrough/welcome to the big time award for Drops of Jupiter, even though they'd already hit the scene a few years before with Meet Virginia. They just turn a blind eye to the previous hit. ^_-

Although Gorillaz does surprise me. Perhaps its because no one actually shows music videos on tv anymore (and the local radio stations only play Eminem and Seether), but it did seem that Clint Eastwood was a bigger hit than Feel Good, Inc. But that's probably just me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, U2, Missy Elliot, Eminem, and Sarah McLachlan are all also nominated for Best Breakthrough Video, and none of them could be called even slightly unknown. Maybe by "breakthrough" they mean the first video release from a new album? Or maybe they just mean videos that are different than the norm.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:41 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Sapphire Faerie wrote:
Well, U2, Missy Elliot, Eminem, and Sarah McLachlan are all also nominated for Best Breakthrough Video, and none of them could be called even slightly unknown. Maybe by "breakthrough" they mean the first video release from a new album? Or maybe they just mean videos that are different than the norm.

That's probably it (the different from the norm). I believe I was actually thinking of VH1's awards show where they have the "Welcome to the Big Time" award...which went to Train the year that I watched it, and Train had already had hits off of a previous album by that time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

They're over now (have been for about an hour, actually).

Can someone tell me something, because this is the first time I've watched the VMAs in about 8 years... when did they become a circus?

I mean, the VMAs were always a little bit different, being MTV and all. But this was just... so out there. The set-up of the stadium was so weird, all these oddly shaped stages randomly spaced out in the middle of the floor, with the crowd surrounding them on all sides, and all of these random fountains shooting everywhere.

The winners (in case you missed it):

Quote:
Video Of The Year
Green Day, "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams"

Best Male Video
Kanye West, "Jesus Walks"

Best Female Video
Kelly Clarkson, "Since U Been Gone"

Best Rock Video

Best R&B Video
Alicia Keys, "Karma"

Best Dance Video
Missy Elliott with Ciara & Fat Man Scoop, "Lose Control"

Best Rap Video
Ludacris, "Number One Spot"

MTV2 Award
Fall Out Boy, "Sugar, We're Going Down"

Best Hip-Hop Video
Missy Elliott with Ciara & Fat Man Scoop, "Lose Control"

Best Special Effects In A Video
Gorillaz, "Feel Good Inc."

Best Pop Video
Kelly Clarkson, "Since U Been Gone"

Best Group Video

Best Choreography In A Video
Gwen Stefani, "Hollaback Girl"

Best Art Direction In A Video
Gwen Stefani, "What You Waiting For?"

Best Editing In A Video

Best New Artist In A Video
The Killers, "Mr. Brightside"

Best Cinematography In A Video

Breakthrough Video
Gorillaz, "Feel Good Inc."

For the most part, I'm not suprised about the winners. And contrary to what you might be thinking, I'm not upset that U2 didn't win anything. I never expected them to.
I was very glad The Killers won best new artist. I was also pulling for them for Best Rock video (I just love the Mr. Brightside video), but that's ok.
Green Day were the big winners of the evening, and that's ok with me too. I've been listening to them since wayyyy back in the early 90s, so I'm not one of these people that jumped onto the American Idiot bandwagon. While I do prefer their older stuff to the newer stuff, I like them a heck of a lot more than some of the other people nominated.

One of the bigger annoyances with the night, was that they didn't show any of the presentations for the technical categories, and I was actually interested in those. C'est la vie.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next