Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:15 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:50 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Backupatrick wrote:
revolution is all about the games, unlike PS3 and 360, their style is graphics and games, and awesome technology!

I guess you're right, mate. Who cares about high quality games? I have my 400 inch HDTV screen and my interactive movie player, so I can sit back and stare at the excellent graphics while occasionally pressing a few buttons so that I can get to the next glorious cutscene! Wonderful, is it not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:23 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: At Planet Veldin, helping out the Galactic Rangers fight the tyrranoids
I like high-quality stuff, because what's the point of having, say a tree, that looks like a piece of paper, and it would confuse people and they'd think they skipped some stuff! :)
I like all sorts of good graphic games, but revolution will totally get decimated by 360 and PS3, because they're so good, unlike revolution! :roll:

Hey Pat, where are you and general nonsense going? I guess to the festivities of sophisticos!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:49 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Why do you think that the revolution games will have bad graphics?

I'll bet that the graphic rating on all games for ps3, revolution and 360 wont show that the revolution has worse (graphically) games. Stop being such a fanboy

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:40 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: At Planet Veldin, helping out the Galactic Rangers fight the tyrranoids
zorg wrote:

I'll bet that the graphic rating on all games for ps3, revolution and 360 wont show that the revolution has worse (graphically) games. Stop being such a fanboy

Can't I just show my opinions? SHEESH, some people are titchy!

And I got to say, that super smash melee bros looks quite good, and for revolution it might be good.

But over than that, I just think I will get PS3, are you HAPPY? I didn't complain about the revolution being bad! :roll:

Hey Pat, where are you and general nonsense going? I guess to the festivities of sophisticos!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:38 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

zorg wrote:

Look at past consoles. Comapred to the games on N64, The PSX had the superior graphics.

Gamecube does have good graphics, but it is easily surpassed by the XBox.

Of course, the PS2 had worse graphics than the XBox, and the Gamecube was the only system to be constantly voided in online play.

Revolution, hopefully, will at least be on par with the graphics of the other games, and not on the level of Late-Generation XBox

Feel the burn! Feel it! Feel the burn banana time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Erm, look at the facts.

Psx has been more succesful then N64
Xbox and PS2 have been more succesful then Gamecube
Nintendo DS seemed awesome, but was quickly forgotten when the PSP arrived.
Xbox 360 and PS3 seem pretty awesome because of their graphics and wide number of games available already on it.
Nintendo Revolution, in the meantime, only said they had:
- A Mario game (Only for Revolution)
- A Zelda game (Only for Revolution)
- Super Smash Bros Revolution (Only for Revolution)
- Metroid Prime 3 (Only for Revolution)
- Final Fantasy

Final fantasy is awesome, but as it's an RPG, it will most likely be annoying to play it with those... controllers...

In the meantime, Nintendo Revolution has shown NO graphics or gameplay whatsoever, except for a commercial with the controller and the fact that it will be backwards compitable (-_-;)

IMO, the fact that Nintendo is keeping everything 'a secret' wont do them any good, and the only people ending up buying the Revo are the Nintendo fanboys, sorry if I say it like this, but they wont really get any more new fans with it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:09 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Nintendo should open up and work with more developers ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:30 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

PSP never overshadowed or outsold DS in Japan.

Nintendo will always have the largest marketshare in the handheld gaming business.

All 3 consoles does have potiental to attract more gamers espicially Revolution and 360. The Revolution because of the evolution of gameplay, backward compatibility with all previous nintendo consoles, and WI FI. The 360 because of the online experience you cant experience with the PC or any other console.

I would get a Revolution just to be able to play the old classics like zelda from NES =) And the new way of playing seems cool but will probably get tiring.

Xbox 360 is for the people who love a good time online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:13 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Jens wrote:

Yet, according to IGN, the DS outsold the PS2 in Japan in only a year. The PSP is far behind in sales. Or at least I was told.

Wonder where this leads to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:17 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
mjrinella wrote:
Jens wrote:

Yet, according to IGN, the DS outsold the PS2 in Japan in only a year. The PSP is far behind in sales. Or at least I was told.

Sales do not necessarily predict media popularity. As far as I can tell, there is little advertising for the DS outside of the actual gaming stores, while there is quite a bit of PSP advertisement outside of the stores (ads on websites, commercials, magazine ads, very little is about the DS). While I agree that the DS is obviously out-selling the PSP (though that doesn't really mean much as far as popularity goes), media popularity easily goes to the PSP. People that don't plan on getting a DS or know little about it have little to go on (and possibly a lower incentive to purchase one) without leaving their house and playing demos at the nearest store that provides them.

Also the fact that the DS sold more than PSP (I hope you meant PSP because it's not even near the levels of selling as much as the PS2) in only a year (where did you get this from of course they did). The DS was released WAY before the PSP was. If the DS wasn't outselling the PSP, the DS would be an utter failure. To compare figures between the two from the year has no grounds, as the DS has to be selling more to stay in the market. Monthly sales are more reliable (though the DS is still outselling monthly).

Nintendo is doing well, but they could be doing a lot better if they did more advertising and actually tried to appeal to more people new to the handheld market without depending on their new and innovative ideas and fanbase to buy for them. As far as the media goes, the PSP is heavily outshadowing the DS. I might even go to say that, outside of sales (which are only numbers, not a meter gauging popularity), the PSP might actually be more popular "on the streets".

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:34 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

http://ds.ign.com/articles/678/678205p1.html

Nope, I mean PS2.

Edit: Oops! After re-reading my post, it seems like I ment through PS2s life time. I just ment last year ;).

Wonder where this leads to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:11 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I've spent way too much time on Gamespot System Wars forum recently. Anyway, I'll be the first one to say that if you actually think about it, honstly and truely, all 3 consoles will be worth buying.

PS3 for the BluRay player, superior graphics, and overall power.
360 for the unparallell online play.
Revolution for the sheer OMGWOWTOTALLYAWESOME factor. And the controller 8)

Now, a few facts worth sharing :)

==-PS3-==
*Comes with full keyboard and mouse support, a big plus for FPS fans.
*Price is as yet unannounced, but Sony execs said 'it'll be expensive..
*Online is also unannounced, but it's theres a rumour that Sony will allow two forms of online play: developer supported, and a central online architecture much like Xbox Live. Just a rumour though.
*'Boomerang Controller' design may not be final.
*HDD comes preinstalled with Linux.
*The 'Cell' processor is being adopted for use by the Army, and various Research groups for it's sheer power. Now imagine that power used for games.

==-360-==
*Superior online play with Live Gold. Live Silver (Free) allows users to download demos and patches. Xbox Arcade also allows users to purchase and play classic arcade games on their Xbox.
*The controller is one that few have yet to criticize.
*By the time PS3 comes out, 360 developers will already be more familar with coding for the 360, and therefore, the games for it may look better compared to PS3 launch titles.

==-Revo-==
*Largest library of games. Ever. Period.
*Interesting capabilities with the controller, making RTS and FPS games much easier for console players.
*Is intended by Nintendo to be gamers' second console of choice, after either PS3 or 360.

There's plenty more, but that's all I can think of at the top of my head. I'll admit, I was a total PS2 fanboy before, but that's because nothing on the other consoles interested me all too much. Xbox had Live, Halo (1 and 2) and Fable. Gamecube had SSBM and Metroid. I looked around, but those were the only things about the other consoles that interested me. PS2 on the other hand...

This next gen though, things are much more diverse, and chances are, I'll probably get all three consoles, sometime or another. It'll be worth it :)

Randomness- Werewolf and Other Stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:48 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
mjrinella wrote:
http://ds.ign.com/articles/678/678205p1.html

Nope, I mean PS2.

Edit: Oops! After re-reading my post, it seems like I ment through PS2s life time. I just ment last year ;).

But the PS2 has been around for years, most everyone that wants a PS2 has one, so there aren't that many people buying them. DS hasn't even been around for a year yet, obviously they'd better be selling more than the PS2. That's like comparing the sales of a N64 to PS2, obviously the PS2 was selling more than the N64 when it was released and for that year, if it wasn't, then we wouldn't have the PS2 making any games right now because it would have bombed.. It's required that newer systems start outselling the old ones, or you have a problem on your hands.

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:28 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Sony has already confirmed that they will leave online all to the developer and Sony will take no part in a unified online service such as Xbox Live.

Prices have been rumored to be $399 - $899. Expensive eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:15 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I really like the slick new X-box design, but I kinda am waiting for the PS3 to come out to see how the two stack up against each other.

ImageImage

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next