Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:16 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Jacob wrote:
*Spoilers inside*
Quote:
Actually, wasn't it that Solidus was the perfect clone, Solid was a clone made using BB's best genes, and Liquid was made using the left over genes.

At least that's the way I've seen it.

I think that is pretty accurate. ;)

Quote:
Well, I just read up on the game in the PSM I got a few weeks ago. I don't know why, but either the Olden Snake scares me or I just don't like his face. x_x He just looks... strange.

Older folk sure are scary. :o Anyways, it's true that Snake is REALLY old to begin with. Be thankful he was able to keep his good looks as long as he did. NOw his body is breaking down, either from old age (he's not a natural born human, remember that too), or from the Foxdie in him. I'm actually surprised he could have lived this long with the virus, since Liquid, his genetic brother, "died" at the end of MGS1 (but lived on as an arm on ocelot).

Quote:
I never played MG2. If you recall from the ending of Metal Gear Solid, Revolver Ocelot is talking with someone (I guess The Patriots or something) and makes mention that the weaker of the clones believes himself to be the strongest. Obviously, the only known clone left at this time is Solid. As Liquid fell victim to FoxDie

wasn't that Solidus Ocelot was speaking to? Am only going by what others have said when I say this though, since i never played it before. :cry:

-Continuing the Spoiler-

Ocelot tells [Person X] at the end of Metal Gear Solid that the weakest of the clones believes himself to be the strongest. Liquid, at the time, believed that that he was the weakest, made from the leftovers. He is bitter towards Solid. However, Ocelot explains that Solid Snake is the weakest of Les Enfant Terrible. Solidus, by my understand, is (yes) the strongest of the three.

As Solid Snake, Liquid Snake, and Solidus Snake are all clones (for lack of a better way of describing them) they would all have been as old as Big Boss. Kinda like with that sheep that was cloned. The clone was still as old as the original, or something to that effect.

EDIT

Here's the ending that we keep talking about, I found a script of Metal Gear Solid

MAJOR SPOILERS
0x3b51054: Yes.
0x3b5106c: The inferior one was the winner after all.
0x3b510a8: ...That's right.
0x3b510cc: Until the very end,
0x3b510f0: Liquid thought he was the inferior one.
0x3b51128: Yes, sir. I agree completely.
0x3b51158: It takes a well-balanced individual...
0x3b51190: such as yourself to rule the world.
0x3b511c8: No, sir.
0x3b511e4: No one knows that you were the third one...
0x3b51224: Solidus.
0x3b51240: ...What should I do about the woman?
0x3b51278: Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:25 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Quote:
MAJOR SPOILERS

Okay, i'll bite. who is the woman they speak of? the one that infected Snake? The one whom was helping from the sidelines (who we learned more about in MGS2 in the "book" inside)? The one Snake saved?

Will any of this even matter in the 4th game? :roll:

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:26 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

It probably won't matter a bit. However, I think the woman is the doctor, "Naomi".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:58 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Does anyone know the name of the music that played in the official trailer and where I may download it or them?

I run The Infinity Program, a den of villains and swashbucklers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:08 pm 

Jacob wrote:
Quote:
MAJOR SPOILERS

Okay, i'll bite. who is the woman they speak of? the one that infected Snake? The one whom was helping from the sidelines (who we learned more about in MGS2 in the "book" inside)? The one Snake saved?

Will any of this even matter in the 4th game? :roll:

well depending on if you resisted torture or not, i think they mean meryl

well none of this really does have nething to do with MG4

MG-----MG2-----MGS3------MGS------MGS2

so this is the order of how the games are in order (not released)

or actually... i think MGS3 came first since he has the name "Naked Snake" and in the first ones he already had the name "Snake"

so the order IS!
MGS3--MG------MG2--------MGS------MGS2

so based on this, and the title,

IF! you beat MGS2, near the end *SPOILER!* the patriots ALL DIED, years ago, i think either 100 or 1000 years ago, and this one is called "Gun Of The Partiots" now either it is to throw us off by 100 years, since guns were made 100 years ago , i think in the early 1800's? i will beat the game today and see.... i need more dog tags, i need a new wig :Dthat o2 one is hard to get i think it is the one with the most....

okay

i think i trailed off...

IMO , MGS4 WILL KICK :hug: :) booty...

thing is... i bought a ps2 last year around XMAS (refurbished) and it broke like 2 months later, so we got the money back and i bought a new ps2 like 4 weeks ago, so i had all my games still b/c i knew i would get another one, now the PS3 is comming out next year, i need money for it so i can play MGS! i need my MGS FIX!, no offense but i wouldnt play H2... looked like another quake game o did i mention the internet fee..... and i know PS3 isnt gonna have a Fee :)

okay im done putting my 4 cents in bye

RIP Eddie 1967 - 2005 11/13/05[br]
Warriors Die , But Legends Last Forever

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:43 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I still think the woman is Dr. Naomi, since she is the one who actually created FoxDie, more or less. Meryl is simply a soldier, with no real importance aside from being connected to Colonel Campell (Or is it Cambell?). The only real effect of the torture in Metal Gear Solid is if you get the bandana or the stealth camo.

And yes it is:

Metal Gear Solid 3 (as you're playing as the future Big Boss)
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

and I assume:
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, as this is a mature Snake (made obvious that it's Snake with the appearnce of Hal in the trailer).

Feel the burn! Feel it! Feel the burn banana time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:04 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Mc Alfredo 423 wrote:
IF! you beat MGS2, near the end *SPOILER!* the patriots ALL DIED, years ago, i think either 100 or 1000 years ago, and this one is called "Gun Of The Partiots" now either it is to throw us off by 100 years, since guns were made 100 years ago , i think in the early 1800's? i will beat the game today and see.... i need more dog tags, i need a new wig :Dthat o2 one is hard to get i think it is the one with the most....

My guess is the original patriots live on through genetics. While Raiden/Jack fought Solidious, the patriots talking to him mentioned they were the primordial pool from which america sprung. seeing as they were able to clone people around the 1940s (solid snake from big boss)...i don't know where i'm going with this. bah. whatever. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:05 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

The 1940s? Metal Gear Solid 3 wasn't even until the Cold War.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:34 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

In the latest interview with PSM, Hideo Kojima revealed that the reason why Snake now looks so much older than Otacon is because Snake is a clone. The fact that Snake is a clone is making him age faster than normal humans. The serum that he injects into his neck slows the accelerated aging, but only minimally. Kojima has not decided if that will be integrated into the gameplay yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:48 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Chanel wrote:
In the latest interview with PSM, Hideo Kojima revealed that the reason why Snake now looks so much older than Otacon is because Snake is a clone. The fact that Snake is a clone is making him age faster than normal humans. The serum that he injects into his neck slows the accelerated aging, but only minimally. Kojima has not decided if that will be integrated into the gameplay yet.

Makes sense, that kind of thing happened with that clone of the sheep (Dolly?). It would be a hassle to have to integrate that. Although, it would be rather interesting as well. As it could possibly work in conjuction with the stamina bar (if they bring that back).

You would have to inject once your stamina bar started decreasing (or the "age" bar) and that would stop that process, or at least slow it down (though not much if it were in the "Hard", "Very Hard" or "European Extreme" difficulty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The latest: the "metal gears" in the trailer have the upper bodies that resemble Metal Gear Rex while the legs resemble Metal Gear Ray. Kojima has revealed that the legs are actually organic, meaning blood will come out if you shoot the legs. The organic legs allow for better maneuverability.

Kojima also added that these new metal gears also emply a psychological weapon. It emits sounds of summer cicadas and cows, to create a relaxing effect on the battlefield, to try to get the enemy to relax.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:11 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Kojima's clever. I'm curious to see how these things will be implemented in the game. Perhaps you need some kind of ear-plug device.

Of course, I'm dying to see what they do with the Ocelot/Liquid scenario left open at the end of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:27 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ioudas Omnis wrote:

Snake was BORN during that time (or around). Snake was all grown up when MGS3 came around. ;)

The aging that SNake has to hold back would be devestasing if integrated into gameplay, though it would make things interested (fighting a tank, and then must hide so you can have time to inject yourself). I think it would only be used at key points, critical moments or bosses.

Quote:
The latest: the "metal gears" in the trailer have the upper bodies that resemble Metal Gear Rex while the legs resemble Metal Gear Ray. Kojima has revealed that the legs are actually organic, meaning blood will come out if you shoot the legs. The organic legs allow for better maneuverability.
That red stuff that sprayed from the Rex's at the end of MGS2 was...blood? o_O yuck. Anyways, don't also forget the MEtal Gear Otacon used. Almost exact copy of the MEtal Gear in SNacthers. 8)

Quote:
Of course, I'm dying to see what they do with the Ocelot/Liquid scenario left open at the end of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

for some reason i keep thinking a scenario like Resident Evil/Akira will occur, since Liquid only exists as cells now. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:32 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Jacob wrote:
Ioudas Omnis wrote:

Snake was BORN during that time (or around). Snake was all grown up when MGS3 came around. ;)

The aging that SNake has to hold back would be devestasing if integrated into gameplay, though it would make things interested (fighting a tank, and then must hide so you can have time to inject yourself). I think it would only be used at key points, critical moments or bosses.

No, (Solid) Snake wasn't. Big Boss was. Apparently. As Snake himself didn't even show up until Metal Gear 1, which is after Metal Gear Solid 3. Because Big Boss (or Naked Snake) looses his eye, and Solid Snake can't techinically exist yet, because they haven't done the Genome therapy.

-Edit!!

According to Wikipedia information on Big Boss [located Here] The Genome Project and Les Enfant Terrible began in 1972.

Quote:
Quote:

for some reason i keep thinking a scenario like Resident Evil/Akira will occur, since Liquid only exists as cells now. :roll:

That would be awesome. Of course, knowing Kojima, Liquid probably totally consumes Ocelot and just turns him into Liquid Snake all over again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:05 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Quote:
No, (Solid) Snake wasn't. Big Boss was. Apparently. As Snake himself didn't even show up until Metal Gear 1, which is after Metal Gear Solid 3. Because Big Boss (or Naked Snake) looses his eye, and Solid Snake can't techinically exist yet, because they haven't done the Genome therapy.

-Edit!!

According to Wikipedia information on Big Boss [located Here] The Genome Project and Les Enfant Terrible began in 1972.

Well, don't i feel stupid. :roll: :lol:

Either way, i still say there had to be some sort of genetic testing going on in the early 1900's. Perhaps it had something to do with the World wars at that time? :o

Quote:
That would be awesome. Of course, knowing Kojima, Liquid probably totally consumes Ocelot and just turns him into Liquid Snake all over again.

Kojima did something like that before? hmmm... o_O

Anyways, it wouldn't be a surprise to me if it did happen. sort of like a cop out really. It would be more interesting if it was a companionship story, you know? It would be titled "My Hand and Me", and showcase the trails and tribulations they accomplish together. :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next