Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 8:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:51 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Sakura wrote:
soymimi wrote:
Sakura wrote:
I've really gotten into Bright Eyes lately. And when I say really, I mean I nearly have everything by them...

But my favorite song will always be something along the lines of "Hallelujah"

Like the Jeff Buckley version of "Hallelujah", or another?

Yeah. I love the lyrics but I know he didn't write the song, and I've heard the other version, but the voice just sounded... not right.

Leonard Cohen did the original. I prefer the Buckely version as well.

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:30 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

SpiraLethe wrote:
Sakura wrote:
soymimi wrote:
Sakura wrote:
I've really gotten into Bright Eyes lately. And when I say really, I mean I nearly have everything by them...

But my favorite song will always be something along the lines of "Hallelujah"

Like the Jeff Buckley version of "Hallelujah", or another?

Yeah. I love the lyrics but I know he didn't write the song, and I've heard the other version, but the voice just sounded... not right.

Leonard Cohen did the original. I prefer the Buckely version as well.

I give Cohen mad props for writing such a beautiful song, but the first version I ever heard was Buckley's, and that's just the one that strikes more so much more.

I'm not going to lie... when I heard Jeff Buckley's version of "Hallelujah" for the first time, I was brought to tears. *Cough* ... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:43 am 
PPT God
PPT God

At the moment I have to say my favorite band in Halali and my favorite artist is Lissa Schneckenburger(who's in Halali). Fiddle music and some really amazing singing.

Favorite songs would probably be... The Knight and the Shepherd's Daughter(or really anything else halali/lissa schneckenburger)

or pretty much anything from RENT

<3 Laq

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:13 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Wow its hard to pick one band out of the whole lot of them. I think its a threeway tie for me. Between Atreyu, Trivium and In Flames. All the 3 bands have different styles but almost all the work they do is excellent.

IDB Supermod and Rater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:36 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Right now, and actually for quite some time, I've liked both Coldplay and Fountains of Wayne. My two favorite songs for Coldplay are "Swallowed in the Sea" and "Clocks," while for Fountains of Wayne it's "Mexican Wine" and "Girl I Can't Forget".

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:25 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Dragonfire wrote:
Right now, and actually for quite some time, I've liked both Coldplay and Fountains of Wayne. My two favorite songs for Coldplay are "Swallowed in the Sea" and "Clocks," while for Fountains of Wayne it's "Mexican Wine" and "Girl I Can't Forget".

You should pay homage to "Stacey's Mom", GEEZ.

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:23 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I've been listening on repeat to Xiu Xiu, Seussical, The Last Five Years, A Light in the Piazza, and... High School Musical.

generally unimpressed. Koku.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:24 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Paul wrote:
You should pay homage to "Stacey's Mom", GEEZ.

To tell the truth, that song is getting a little old. Although it's funny when we bring it up in newspaper, because one of the people from yearbook is named Stacy, and he (yes, he) keeps asking the teacher to say something other than that.

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:48 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I cant go a day without listening to Johnny Cash's The Mercy Seat. The piano part is so pretty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:12 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'd have to say The Dresden Dolls are my absoulte favourite band. I'm also quite frond of Fluttr Effect, Pretty Balanced and Lusitania. I suppose you could say Amanda Palmer is my fabourite artist seeing as she does solos as well.

As for favourite songs; three days ago I feel heals over head in love with "Sing", The 'Dolls new single. And the vidio. And Jakey's remake of it expressing what the day was like (he was one of the living statues, and the kid with the phone who refuses to sing.). I also love Mrs. O, Bank of Boston Beauty Queen and Thirty Whacks.[/img]

-Amber

"You can be a starving artist, or an artist who isn't starving, but the worst thing for people like us to be is a well fed non-artist."

Last edited by bone garden on Fri May 05, 2006 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:37 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It changes like the tides!

At the moment my favourite band is probably Stars, and my favourite song My Radio (FM Mix) from Nightsongs.

However, other stalwart favourites are Calla, Tori Amos, Devendra Banhart, Blur, Air, Jolie Holland, Joanna Newsom, casiotone for the painfully alone...and so on...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:23 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

My current favourite band is Broder Daniel.
Nothing beats an angsty Swedish boy/man singing about his miserable life in Gothenborg. :D

But I also like David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Rammstein, Buck-Tick, Depeche Mode, the Yellow Monkey, Pet Shop Boys, New Kids on the Block, A-ha, Queen etc.

I listen to too much music honestly. :D I could never write a list of all the artists and bands I truly like or just listen to when I feel like it, so I usually just write those that are clearly in my mind. :)

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:34 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Song: The Crows Are Coming For Us - From First To Last
Band - Panic! At The Disco

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:51 pm 

My favourite band is System of a Down, hands down! I can't get enough of them. Fav song would be "Tonight, Tonight" by Smashing Pumpkins <3 I also love "Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off" by Panic! At The Disco...let's get these teen hearts beating. Faster, faster!

♥ Սերճ Տանկյան ♥ Դարօն Մալակյան ♥ Շավարշ Օդաճյան ♥ Ջօն Դօլմայան ♥

Post subject: Re: What is your current favourite song and artist or band?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:53 pm 

Kidwaiy wrote:
My current favourite song is Orange County Girl by Gwen Stefani. I don't think most of you guys have heard it because it is not on her album but it will be on her second album. My current favourite artist is Gwen Stefani which is no surprize and my favourite band is No Doubt and the Black Eyed Peas.

ME TOOO! I haven't heard Orange County Girl, sadly. :( My favorite song is What You Waiting For? by Gwen Stefani, my favorite artist is, well, Gwen Stefani, and my favorite band is a tie between Green Day and No Doubt. :D

Set by Me :D
Neopets Username: rachelsackett575
Sono strana io, tu no - It's ME who's strange, not you

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next