Sports discussion. Towel whipping is strictly prohibited. It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.
Topic locked

Staff Fighting?

Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:40 pm

Has anyone ever tried this? I really like the idea of it but I don't know anywhere where people teach it or what to do. What are the dimensions of normal staffs or are they called Staves?

Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:18 pm

I looked around, now, I don't know where you live, but this may be useful, though, I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for:

http://www.northernchi.com/cane.html

Hope it helps! If you're not from where they have schools (... five affiliated Centers including the Coastal Center headquarters in Brunswick, Greater Portland, Durham-Lisbon, Wiscasset and Rockland-Camden.), tell me where you live, and I'll look into it.

Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:20 am

Isn't like.. Kendo or something like that? I saw a thingy in japanese once (a video we had to watch) and it was all about fighting with staves/staffs/kendosticks

Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:45 am

No, I don't think it's kendo. I do kendo :P
Kendo uses bamboo swords

Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:46 pm

Oh, staff fighting is really cool. I saw a demonstration of it once--it was fun to watch. I wish there was a school for it near here; I'd try it out.

Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:24 am

You just want to chase people in a Darth Maul outfit don't you?

Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:18 am

Staff and Stave are the same thing. I believe that Stave is either the archaic or plural form of Staff.
Topic locked