Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:35 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Retail for a big corperation is the pits. It was good to start out in and I don't deny it really improved my people skills, but after a while it just gets maddening. Seriously....the most you can hopeful is a good boss and cool people to work with. I had a lot of fun working for Game Stop and I left with some good memories. But man....those five hours could feel really long. You can sit down. There's no music playing. If there are no customers you have to clean.... Working in a small independent business was more fun. My bosses were really fun to hang around with and they were some of the most supportive guys ever while I was trying to start my career.

I just finished my third week at my new job! I'm working full time at a graphics firm now. Granted I'm not doing any actual design but I do get to work on a computer...and having a working knowledge of how digital images work is a a huge help. Sometimes it gets rough and the dept I'm in (which is badly understaffed) gets bombarded with tasks that need to get done.....and of course every client expects us to drop everything we're doing to work on their job. But at least I'm never bored. The full 8 hour shift seems to pass just as much, if not faster, than my 5-hour shift in retail. So it's an interesting trade-off. Plus I'm just happy that I'm working in the graphics industry....especially since I never got an internship while in college.

Today was especially good....partially because I got my first paycheck...but also because I know I'm starting to fit in. I think I'm impressing people with how quickly I've been able to learn new skills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:40 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I work at Panera Bread. There is nothing enjoyable about working there except for eye candy in the form of the hot manager and talking to my friend about said manager.

Washing dishes = Happy Flame. Dealing with people and doing more than necessary = Unhappy Flame.

;)

Gone.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3