Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:15 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Moonlight Flower wrote:
I'm betting it won't be too high, either. The potions part was rather nasty. I almost gave up on it, but I prevailed. ^^

I believe someone said that completing the Potions part wasn't necessary to continue with the plot.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:57 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Moongewl wrote:
Moonlight Flower wrote:
I'm betting it won't be too high, either. The potions part was rather nasty. I almost gave up on it, but I prevailed. ^^

I believe someone said that completing the Potions part wasn't necessary to continue with the plot.

Really? Ah, right, I do believe some people did the Asylum part without it. But I imagine it'd be worth a lot, considering it was the hardest step that wasn't battling.

Okami Fangirl <3 Eternal Ordeal Oekaki
Neopets: zafara_fan_8000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:59 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

paranoiapenguin wrote:
Really, that low? I think your underestimating the cunning of the Neopian populus. :D

I agree. I definitely feel like A LOT of people were doing this plot...unfortunately. -_-

Set by that genius, WIS. THANK YOU WIS!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:03 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

benladesh wrote:
I am guessing a minimum of 10k people have finished this plot (if tagging the darn graves doesn't count) if tagging the graves counts then 5k

... Where did this guess come from?
Because I chose to assume that only Officer 1BDI and myself completed it and we should be venerated as such.

But that's nonsense obviously, what gives you this number?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:04 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Location: It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.
Kewl items I would willingly part with my meager plot-points to possess....

BD Weapons:
Sophie's Hat
Sophie's Staff
Lamppost (used no less than TWICE as a weapon in this plot)
Grave-diggers shovel

A Grue petpet. I would give my left kidney for a Grue petpet.
An unpaintable ghost meepit.

Books:
Map of the Neovian's Woods "maze of twisty little passages, all alike."
Index to the Neovian Cemetary Headstones
A book of potion-making differential equations, in two volumes.
Alistair Krawley's big book of nefarious cautionary tales.
A book of tired old riddles that you've heard a million times before, as told by the two-headed hissi.

Any incarnation of the dancing ghost meepits as a toy.
A brain-tree bobble-head (bobble-brain?)
Action figues or plushies of any of the battledome opponents.

A gravedigging shovel.
A big red marker.

For your neohome garden:
A partially dug grave-hole.
A plethora of VINES.
A big pile of bones.

The charred locket you found in the house and carted all over the haunted fairgrounds

Any of the ingredients or compounds from Sophie's shack or the potion formula game.

Official "Spirit of Slumber" bedsheets, with matching pillow shams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:11 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Only 7100 people completed the LDP fully because of the following

1- It was never actually announced, whereas the news had a link to the Gypsy camp on the day the plot began

2- That blasted Scroll Repository

3- The tomb

If you took out those parts, many people would have finished it. This plot had nothing that even compared to the effort required for the second two points, the potions was hard, but not hours trying to read scrolls in the right order and whatnot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:12 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Vicky wrote:
If we get weapons, a nice shield or bomb would be awesome! I dont want books, and if we get toys, let them be cheap XD

i'd like to get books :D i like books but i'm too lazy to buy them.

I hope that grave marking doesnt count, as i didnt manage to mark any graves, i did everything else though, including battling, which was a mission as i dont battle normally so dont have very trained pets or anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:41 am 

considering we got nothing from grave marking other than lots of lag it better count...grave digging you could justify for no points as a lot of people dug of sludgies and what not, but grave marking should definetly count.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:51 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Setekh wrote:
benladesh wrote:
I am guessing a minimum of 10k people have finished this plot (if tagging the darn graves doesn't count) if tagging the graves counts then 5k

... Where did this guess come from?
Because I chose to assume that only Officer 1BDI and myself completed it and we should be venerated as such.

But that's nonsense obviously, what gives you this number?

I did say those were guesses. I could be completely off.

IDB Supermod and Rater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:26 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

david0184 wrote:
I just need sa good weapon....

maybe they'll even start rewarding nps for completing the plot based on time.

i don't think that could ever be fairly done... children are slower, dial up connections are slower, tweens have school, adults have work, etc. etc. etc. mostly the first two i mentioned though.. i don't think they would ever do something that unfair...

I'm married!!! June 2, 2007! AND!!! We're having a baby! Due April 19, 2008!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:40 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

amandajolong wrote:
david0184 wrote:
I just need sa good weapon....

maybe they'll even start rewarding nps for completing the plot based on time.

i don't think that could ever be fairly done... children are slower, dial up connections are slower, tweens have school, adults have work, etc. etc. etc. mostly the first two i mentioned though.. i don't think they would ever do something that unfair...

Yeah, but they've given out more prizes/points due to speed, which could be sold (well, the prizes) to make more NP, so it's not really that much of a difference.

As for unfair... *chuckles* TNT has been unfair before and will be again, nature of life. Personally, I wouldn't mind being able to trade in plot points for NP... I've still got some left from the LDP, because I really didn't fancy buying piles of sand.

Kyuubi made me this totally awesome set!!
I <3 Kyuubi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:19 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

This plot was so not easy. trying to mark graves was sooo stressful, and i actually managed to get one marked. and testing bones sucked as well. the potions bit was basically only hard in trying find that stupid platinum mist.

and lampost bd item would definately make it worth the while

Losers are those who do not try

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:39 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

matchbow wrote:
This plot was so not easy. trying to mark graves was sooo stressful, and i actually managed to get one marked. and testing bones sucked as well. the potions bit was basically only hard in trying find that stupid platinum mist.

You're right. It wasn't easy, but I still think it was easier then the LDP.

I still think more people finished this plot then the LDP. We didn't have any lag during the LDP when moving the blocks, placing furniture etc in the repository. We had really bad lags during this plot, so a lot more people must have atleast participated. On the other hand, TNT close down this plot alot faster then the LDP giving less time to complete it. New steps came out very fast, while during the LDP you had more time to complete a step.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:04 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

fructy wrote:
matchbow wrote:

You're right. It wasn't easy, but I still think it was easier then the LDP.

I still think more people finished this plot then the LDP. We didn't have any lag during the LDP when moving the blocks, placing furniture etc in the repository. We had really bad lags during this plot, so a lot more people must have atleast participated. On the other hand, TNT close down this plot alot faster then the LDP giving less time to complete it. New steps came out very fast, while during the LDP you had more time to complete a step.

Of course, you had more time for the LDP because it was harder. I definitely think a lot more people completed this plot because of all the advertisement it got. Back in the LDP, comics were released and all, but I had no idea it was a plot.

And of course, this plot was BOUND to be easier. Why? Because 7100 completion is a HORRIBLE turnout when compared to the millions of Neopians that could have done the plot. I'm sure TNT was trying to make this plot easier so more people can complete it. And more people completing the plot makes TNT happy (after all, when you put so much work into the plot, you'd certainly like for everyone to experience it), though it makes all the usual plotters unhappy (BECAUSE WE WANT RARE PRIZES DARNIT!). =D

Set by that genius, WIS. THANK YOU WIS!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:55 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Sure, a lot more people were doing this plot and probably completed it, but how many managed to do every step (aside from the steps that didn't count for points)? I know a lot of people skipped the potions, for example, or didn't do any battling. Those people won't get full points and won't be able to get the top prize. It's probably the same for anyone who started the plot late, say halfway through -- they'd get fewer points for being slow and also wouldn't be eligible for top prizes. Finally, we have no clue how heavily battling was weighted -- TNT could decide to make it worth a lot, so only people with strong pets will be able to get top prizes. Who knows. In any case, I don't think the number of people eligible for a multi-million-NP prize will be hugely high.

Also, I'm sure a lot more than 7100 people participated in LDP -- that was the number that got the final weapon and hit Razul with it, not the number that participated. Many people only did a few steps here and there and got the "Sand Mite" trophy or whatever, and the lesser prizes.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next