Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:10 am 

As long as we get a sidebar I'm a happy bunny <3 One can never have too many sidebars!

As for the plot difficulty - I think it was possibly even easier than Altador one. Potion stuff was extraordinarily easy if you used any of the guides that were circling the neoboards. Unless they put a lot of weight on battledome or how many graves you dug/marked/times you lost against the major I can't imagine anyone getting a weapon similar to ROTL.

Personally I wouldn't mind meepits and meowclops deflation - both are among my favourite petpets and I'd love to own both.

And I'd bet all my np that one of the prices will be a shovel. I love Kess' list of prices - someting along those lines would be spiffy. I really enjoyed this plot and wouldn't mind a lot of prettily drawn reminders of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:47 am 

Cranberry wrote:
Sure, a lot more people were doing this plot and probably completed it, but how many managed to do every step (aside from the steps that didn't count for points)? I know a lot of people skipped the potions, for example, or didn't do any battling. Those people won't get full points and won't be able to get the top prize. It's probably the same for anyone who started the plot late, say halfway through -- they'd get fewer points for being slow and also wouldn't be eligible for top prizes. Finally, we have no clue how heavily battling was weighted -- TNT could decide to make it worth a lot, so only people with strong pets will be able to get top prizes. Who knows. In any case, I don't think the number of people eligible for a multi-million-NP prize will be hugely high.

Also, I'm sure a lot more than 7100 people participated in LDP -- that was the number that got the final weapon and hit Razul with it, not the number that participated. Many people only did a few steps here and there and got the "Sand Mite" trophy or whatever, and the lesser prizes.

I wonder just what it would take to get the highest prize? I participated in every step along the way (especially in the grave-digging and marking stage--I did a ton there) and did fairly well in the battling, as well as completed every step of the puzzle stuff.

I think I'll get the highest prize, because very few people did more battling than me (only 10 in that contest on IDB, though I'm sure NCW has more accurate records) and some of them didn't even do the plot.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:07 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I would guess that anyone who completed every step (again, aside from the steps that didn't give points) within a couple days -- let's say, before the next comic/plot part was released -- will get a decent prize/trophy. I have no idea how heavily the battling will be weighted, but I hope fairly heavily, as I battled quite a lot (came third in league 11 in the NCW competition, with I believe 1029 kills altogether on the various enemies. I should have entered that IDB contest! ;)). I do expect it to be fair; I think TNT did a very good job with the plot points and prizes for the LDP, and the same staffers were working on this plot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:23 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I don't know what I'll wind up with...
I battled a little bit but didn't get to max out on the lower gravestones and trees due to extreme lag in the battledome.

I did, however, take over 115 falls against the 3rd Mayor.

I also did every step along the way, including a crapload of digging, marking, testing.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:49 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Quote:
Potion stuff was extraordinarily easy if you used any of the guides that were circling the neoboards.

Yes, but it took a couple of days for those guides to appear. Before that, it took a lot more effort to work out those steps.

I didn't manage to participate in the final step as I was away for a week. Hopefully that won't impact against me too much, as I did all of the other steps relatively quickly, marked a decent number of graves, and I got enough BD hits in that I was happy.

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:47 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Alex wrote:
Quote:
Potion stuff was extraordinarily easy if you used any of the guides that were circling the neoboards.

Yes, but it took a couple of days for those guides to appear. Before that, it took a lot more effort to work out those steps.

I didn't manage to participate in the final step as I was away for a week. Hopefully that won't impact against me too much, as I did all of the other steps relatively quickly, marked a decent number of graves, and I got enough BD hits in that I was happy.

I heard from a lot of people that they didn't finish the plot because they were gone for a few days or were just too busy working/studying to come online for a week. I was suprised with how soon TNT close the plot. If I remember correctly, didn't the LDP stay open for weeks after the final clue was released?

And yes there were a lot of great potion guides out there, but they were still very complicated to understand for younger people or people that don't speak English very well. I had to read some of the parts of the guides 10 times before I really understood the calculations. Maybe it's just me, but I found some potions difficult to make even with the guides. :)

How long do you guys think it would take to release the prizes. It took months for the LDP, but it seemed they didn't make all the art, coding for the steps etc in advance. During this plot the steps were released so quickly that they must have already done most work in advance, so maybe they also made a point system and prizes in advance? *wishfull thinking*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:13 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

avvies and trophies are a given.

the picasso-type meowclops... as an unpaintable petpet, a toy ("increase you pet's creativity with this artistic 3D puzzle"), whatever...

something to commemorate the dancing meepits

I don't like books, but we will probably get at least 1

the tissue-box gravestone as an actual tissue box for your neohome :D

Ginny stressball-thingy... ("Is your pet annoyed with Ginny? Then let them give this toy a few whacks")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:17 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

This plot moved along at lightning speed. Which is a lot more than I can say about TNT releasing prizes. Like someone said earlier, people are going to be upset no matter how the prizes are rewarded. My take is, if you got to every "to be continued" button and followed all the logical steps in the plot you should be able to get the highest prize. I doubt battling will be weighted much due to the lag and the time allotted to battle the opponents. In the past, if it were strictly a "war plot" everyone knew quantity counted because that's all you could do. Here there were a lot more factors. Either way, we won't know for a few months anyway. ;)

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:17 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

fructy wrote:
How long do you guys think it would take to release the prizes. It took months for the LDP, but it seemed they didn't make all the art, coding for the steps etc in advance. During this plot the steps were released so quickly that they must have already done most work in advance, so maybe they also made a point system and prizes in advance? *wishfull thinking*

It took months for the LDP, but it took YEARS (ok, not literally) for the Altador MINI Plot prizes to come out. I'm confident that TNT will be quick with this plot's prizes, though, since they were pretty consistent with the updates...

Then again, the updates were pretty consistent for the Altador Plot, too...hmm...

Set by that genius, WIS. THANK YOU WIS!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:41 am 

ggagahc wrote:
fructy wrote:

It took months for the LDP, but it took YEARS (ok, not literally) for the Altador MINI Plot prizes to come out. I'm confident that TNT will be quick with this plot's prizes, though, since they were pretty consistent with the updates...

Then again, the updates were pretty consistent for the Altador Plot, too...hmm...

What are you talking about? The Altador updates were not consistent AT ALL.

I think the prize releases will be more along the lines of Altador Cup. However long it took to score that is probably what we're looking at here, but maybe a little longer.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:07 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

theonlysaneone wrote:
ggagahc wrote:
fructy wrote:

I think the prize releases will be more along the lines of Altador Cup. However long it took to score that is probably what we're looking at here, but maybe a little longer.

Oh well SORRY. The Altador Plot was way too long ago for me to remember. THE POINT IS, TNT seems more prepared with this plot so yeah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:45 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

ggagahc wrote:
theonlysaneone wrote:
ggagahc wrote:
fructy wrote:

Oh well SORRY. The Altador Plot was way too long ago for me to remember. THE POINT IS, TNT seems more prepared with this plot so yeah.

Actually, I think we'll have to wait a long while for the prizes to come out. Right now they seem to have other things to do and Christmas is on it's way etc. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:07 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

well...they did say in the news last week that they were going to start organizing prizes this week, after the Thanksgiving holiday. So, hopefully it won't take nearly as long as Altador. Again, as it's been said by other people, Altador and ToW were so different organizationally. Everything was so precise this time. Hopefully, the prize release will be as well. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:57 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I'm hoping the prizes come out by some time next week. one can only hope with things such as these.

Losers are those who do not try

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:29 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

matchbow wrote:
I'm hoping the prizes come out by some time next week. one can only hope with things such as these.

Well, the latest news update says that they're working on prizes (it's nice to get updates. I have to give TNT credit for that) so we SHOULD expect them...in December, right?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next