Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Very good episode. Liked the Kate scenes. The fight was great. I agree with Moogum, they should have had a little more with the monster, but it was so awesome seeing it again. I like how Hugo got Sawyer to be a leader. That was fun.

Also, I have another reason why Desmond is Superman in my analogy from last time: He is from Scotland, which we all know is basically another planet :P

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:12 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Happy fun scenes with Hurley, Sawyer and the rest of the gang. :P Desmond needs to go on an adventure, though. Just... because.

Horray for Kate & Juliet, Kate's mom's reason for turning her in was expected, but still a little disappointing. :( Great to see more crossovers, though. I personally think Juliet's a great character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Overall, not bad. At least we got some plot advancement. Hope Juliet stays alive long enough to reveal something.
I thought the flashback was a lot of filler; I have to say I'm getting tired of them. They space them out so much that I can hardly remember what happened the last time with that character. For example, how many days after Kate killed her dad was this supposed to take place? I mean, to have six guys waiting at her house for her to turn up... isn't that a little excessive? Or am I forgetting something with her story?

my first original set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:17 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Woah. Great Episode! They are really doing well with these last few episodes, hearkening back to the other seasons where we get great character development while getting little drops of information.

SPOILERS for you-that-are-South-of-the-border:

So they spend the whole episode setting up Juliette as being really human and likable, and then we get the great twist at the end where we find out she is still kinda evil. At least she's balanced, just like the rest of our flawed cast, which is nice.

But now I'm confused. I really thought that we were getting some answers: she was on the island to help the infertile women, and they were interested in Claire because she was the exception to the rule. But then Ben mentioned that there was a device implanted in Claire that caused her to have the symptoms in order for Juliette to infiltrate the Beach, so was everything that Juliette said about Claire a lie? Are we back to square 1 in terms of knowing why they wanted Claire so badly?

Still, I love how this all ties in Sun's pregnancy, and we did get SOME answers about the Others as well as a really well-done flashback. My friend called me during the last 10 minutes, so I think I missed the reason why they wanted Juliette to infiltrate the Beach, other than that I guess it's a generally smart idea.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:34 am 

Eh, there's still no reason given for Juliet to invade the beach. However, it is strongly implied that it might have something to do with Sun.

Also, the "whatever" that was killing pregnant women did not affect Claire, of that I'm pretty sure. Remember how she said there was nothing she could do if it happened at conception? Conception had already happened when they landed.

For Sun, it's a different story. We don't know right now whether her baby was conceived on or off the island.

By the way, did anyone catch the name of the "airport" company that took Juliet to the island? It was Airport Herarat, or something like that. Unscramble Herarat and you get "Earhart." Hmm...

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:01 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Yeah. Didn't trust her last episode. Wasn't too surprised by the ending. Good getting a bit more back story on the Others though. They are so creepy.

Best line of the episode:
Ethan: You probably shouldn't have drunk that all at once.

I literally :roflol: ed

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:07 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Loved that episode! Juliet's my favorite character. :) And I completely forgot about Sun until you guys brought it up! :O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Well I don't think Sun got pregnant on the island, cause her and Jin were not getting along at all in the begining.

And remind me: who else besides Kate knows she pregnant? Did they tell anyone?

~Zilary - No, thats not me. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:14 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I saw the new episode wednesday, and it was really cool.
It was the one where nothing happens but we get loads of flashbacks that don't really explain anything at all, and then this new character weve seen once or twice was fleshed out, but I reckon she'll die. oh and then loads of new Questions were raised, it was Boss. Anyone else see it?

My sarcasm aside, I think I lost interest somewhere in season two.
Will I ever get a satisfactory answer to Anything in this show? :x

Big Will-o-wisp would be enough, just something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:41 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Setekh wrote:
I saw the new episode wednesday, and it was really cool.
It was the one where nothing happens but we get loads of flashbacks that don't really explain anything at all, and then this new character weve seen once or twice was fleshed out, but I reckon she'll die. oh and then loads of new Questions were raised, it was Boss. Anyone else see it?

My sarcasm aside, I think I lost interest somewhere in season two.
Will I ever get a satisfactory answer to Anything in this show? :x

Big Will-o-wisp would be enough, just something.

Although it's your opinion, it's a sort of unfair take of the episodes.

We did find out a lot about the Others in this episode. We know that they were doing some kind of research on babies, we know (I think) why they wanted Claire, etc.

And, this show has always been about flashbacks. And only a select few of them have ever really had a major impact on what's happening in the present (i.e. finding out the Island cured Rose/Locke, finding out people are connected). They're always meant to just flesh out the characters. This show isn't just "people are on an Island and things are happening let's find out what it is!!!!" It's a character drama, and the flashbacks are an important part.

And I think it's pretty unfair that no one ever gives the new characters a chance. Juliette is pretty damn interesting, and her conflicted character fits well with the rest of the characters. The same thing happened with Nikki and Paolo. Okay, maybe they were not interesting at all until they died, but that's beside the point. People were hating them before we even knew that they were boring, just because they were suddenly introduced and we had never seen them before. Well hey: how many people survived the plane crash? 42 from the fuselage? Our main group does not make up the entirety of the survivors. We have 40 some other people that are also there for a reason, and the only way we are going to find out about them is if they are introduced. It may seem a bit random, but there's no other way to do it. I think that Nikki and Paolo's episode did a really good job at showing how they fit into everything that has happened.

And, hey: we were introduced to the button in the season 2 premiere and really didn't find out ANYTHING about it until thee season 2 finale. That's just how the show works. We'll find out everything about the others by the season finale, and then something new will come along.

Hopefully you didn't take this the wrong way. It's kind of late, and I hope I didn't come off as though I was criticizing you. You are totally allowed to not like the show anymore, but I felt it was necessary to point out that the elements of your sarcastic remark were a bit unfair, given what this show has always been about.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:11 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Moogum wrote:
And I think it's pretty unfair that no one ever gives the new characters a chance. Juliette is pretty damn interesting, and her conflicted character fits well with the rest of the characters. The same thing happened with Nikki and Paolo. Okay, maybe they were not interesting at all until they died, but that's beside the point. People were hating them before we even knew that they were boring, just because they were suddenly introduced and we had never seen them before. Well hey: how many people survived the plane crash? 42 from the fuselage? Our main group does not make up the entirety of the survivors. We have 40 some other people that are also there for a reason, and the only way we are going to find out about them is if they are introduced. It may seem a bit random, but there's no other way to do it. I think that Nikki and Paolo's episode did a really good job at showing how they fit into everything that has happened.

Well, I don't know about other people, but I personally find Juliet a very interesting character. She wasn't exactly new, though, and she was introduced very seamlessly with the rest of the plot. Her flashbacks are awesome.

What I dislike about Nikki and Paulo is that they killed them straight off the bat! Without really any chance for more character development, or anything! I was really disappointed, especially because in doing so achieved virtually nothing. Same with Mikhail. He was set up like 20 episodes in advance, but when he finally gets some screen time he dies. I was really looking forward to his flashback, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:34 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Moogum wrote:
too much to quote proper.

True, it is about the flash backs, but when we haven't seen life nor limb of a huge part of that mystery in most of two seasons, having gone down to a couple of characters being buried alive (I laughed so hard.) and then some stuff that really isn't relevant at all ("We all know what happens to the guest stars" :roll: )
Characters that could be fun turn up just long enough to die humorously (Albeit in my deranged mind of car crashes and very bad experiences. Defence mechanism they say) and contribute almost nothing.

I mean, BOOOM! Big purple glow in the sky. Who goes to check whats happened? Not a damn person.
Desmond has future sight and no one stops for a second and says "... Okay dude, What the furbie is going on?!" We see seventy two(Gross overstatement, its been...what, sixty or so?) characters who's stories intertwine as they approach zero hour (Plane crash) and shock! Every frikkin one of them knew / saw / is related to the main Four. (Sawyer, Lock, Jack and Kate) we see some kids getting napped and then nothing. Infact, the group B survivors existed only to get the big four into trouble, thats not intriguing, thats sloppy writing.

And I miss my Will-o-wisp :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:32 am 

WIS wrote:
Moogum wrote:

Well, I don't know about other people, but I personally find Juliet a very interesting character. She wasn't exactly new, though, and she was introduced very seamlessly with the rest of the plot. Her flashbacks are awesome.

What I dislike about Nikki and Paulo is that they killed them straight off the bat! Without really any chance for more character development, or anything! I was really disappointed, especially because in doing so achieved virtually nothing. Same with Mikhail. He was set up like 20 episodes in advance, but when he finally gets some screen time he dies. I was really looking forward to his flashback, too.

I actually thought Nikki and Paulo's deaths were a little bit spiteful on the part of the writers. They had something good lined up for them, but because the fan backlash was so strong, they gave us the beginning of their story and then literally "buried them alive."

Possible Spoiler wrote:
If they can make Claire bleed at will, they can probably do the same with Mikhail. I'm pretty sure he isn't actually dead, and the sonic fence can't kill people. The foaming at the mouth would be easy enough to produce with an effervescent pill like Alka-Seltzer.

Definite Spoiler wrote:
Mikhail is listed on the credits for an upcoming episode, and not in flashback. He's still alive, I'm sure of it.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:23 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

theonlysaneone wrote:
WIS wrote:
Moogum wrote:

I actually thought Nikki and Paulo's deaths were a little bit spiteful on the part of the writers. They had something good lined up for them, but because the fan backlash was so strong, they gave us the beginning of their story and then literally "buried them alive."

Possible Spoiler wrote:
If they can make Claire bleed at will, they can probably do the same with Mikhail. I'm pretty sure he isn't actually dead, and the sonic fence can't kill people. The foaming at the mouth would be easy enough to produce with an effervescent pill like Alka-Seltzer.

Definite Spoiler wrote:
Mikhail is listed on the credits for an upcoming episode, and not in flashback. He's still alive, I'm sure of it.

My friend has the same theory. But I personally doubt it. =\

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9