Anything and everything goes in here... within reason.
Topic locked

The NaNoWriMo Thread

Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:12 pm

YEAH BABY.

Sign-ups start October 1. So, talk about your plot, and all sorts of ideas.
...I can't come up with anything else to say. POST BLOCK. XD

Oh. Yeah.
My username's DM was on fire!, same as here.

P.S.: http://www.nanowrimo.org

Re: The NaNoWriMo Thread

Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:14 pm

Gonna go 4 for 4 baby!

No plot this time. I've got absolutely nothing so I'm gonna go all out ridiculous. My goal this year is to see how FAST I can get to 50K, not just reaching 50 in 30 days. I know I can do that. But there is impending doom for NaNo 2008 since I'm getting married in November. So the faster I can write it, the better.

I'll also be the Municipal Liaison for Central Jersey again this year. :)

Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:02 am

I'll be papering my school with NaNoWriMo fliers this month and generally assisting my lovely ML during November. :)

I had to defer last year's NaNo after a bout of illness, and I'm so glad that I did. I actually understand what's going on with the characters now, though there are definitely some things that will surprise me.

Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:37 am

I'm gonna do some stuff with the Feedback Fanclub--I have a plot, just gotta get the ideas flowing for it.

Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:59 pm

I wish I could, but sadly, working 38 hours a week leaves me quite drained.

..I should do something like a story of an employee at a hotel. I could fill up 10 books with the idiotic customers I have, sometimes.

Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:32 pm

Going for the 3rd time, and I have no plot. I'm seriously thinking of going with "how many dares can you fit into your novel" and have a novel entirely composed of dares, because honestly I have no idea. I have a small plot bunny jumping around, but that's about it.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:10 pm

DM was on fire! wrote:YEAH BABY.

Sign-ups start October 1. So, talk about your plot, and all sorts of ideas.
...I can't come up with anything else to say. POST BLOCK. XD

Oh. Yeah.
My username's DM was on fire!, same as here.

P.S.: http://www.nanowrimo.org
Yikes! thank you for reminding me i need to sign up a month ahead of time. I would have been very angry with myself if i missed out on this. ~:> Amazingly, I'm the one user known as Jacob. I think I got luky with the name.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:19 pm

Well, since I actually have an idea popping around in my brain, I may well write something this time.

Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:27 am

XD
Ignore my previous comment. My username is DM (they switched over to the Script Frenzy! format on me, and I had to change my name). :D

I'm trying to live through the Pre-NaNo Server Lag. It'll probably die down in a month, but I still have a lot of stuff I need to post. XP

Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:29 am

I would like to but can't. Schoolwork and such.

Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:03 am

I'll try again, with the same characters and probably a very similar intro. However, I'll have the following this time:

-A better plot
-Fewer plot holes
-Better character descriptions
-Revamped personalities
-OMG ALIENS!!1!1
-Random cameos of people I know as...well...if I took the time to explain it to you, it would spoil the end.

I can't get on the site at all. Has anyone else had better luck?

Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:28 pm

Light wrote:I would like to but can't. Schoolwork and such.

Same here. I got a really important exam in April. ><

I'll definitely try to participate next year though.

Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:35 pm

Hmm...I'm debating whether to participate this year, since I failed miserably last year (well, it was my senior year and I had 6 AP classes...grr)

...BUT now that I'm in college and have a million years of free time, I think I'll consider it. What to write about? I think I'm going to write about my college adventures...mwahahahaha :evil:

Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:30 pm

Augh. I am going to give myself an ulcer trying to finish my big projects before November. All of my profs thought they'd be nice and give their major assignments in November, rather than December like they assumed everyone else would.

Won't someone think of the novellists? :(

Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:37 am

PuddingofEvil wrote:Won't someone think of the novellists? :(

Incorporate the proof as a vital plot element, problem solved. :)
Topic locked