Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Key Quest [Split 2]
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:02 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Yep I circle the correct petpet. Still dunno why this game don't work for me.

Bring KISS to my Hometown

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:03 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

StuMan wrote:

I've seen it lag so much that the other person can sneak in a circle before me, effectively "stealing" the petpetpet away from me. Maybe that's what's happening to you? o_O

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:08 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

It has to be one of the most buggiest and laggiest games out there. I would celebrate if it went to the neopets graveyard.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:34 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
StuMan wrote:

Make sure your circle doesn't touch any other kind of petpet, and don't release your mouse button until the shape registers. The circle will automatically work when it is a closed shape.
If you're doing all that and it's still not working, it's buggy.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:17 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

If someone else circles a petpetpet, it cancels out what you've been doing. I don't know why, but that's how it seems to work. I don't usually have much trouble with this game, but every once in a while I'll have a game where the other person is faster than me and I can't circle much...lol

Edit
I just had two bugs in one game.

The story:
I had been battling my opponent pretty hard. They'd gotten most of their keys fairly quickly and I was way behind due to lousy rolls. So I'd been slowing them down and eventually caught up. They were one space away from the door, so I used a mortog powerup. It moved me onto the door space, told me to roll, then went to the other player. The other player, who was missing a key, then jumped onto the door space (I've seen this glitch before) and the game stopped doing anything. No game over messages, no turn option, nothing.

I did send in two bug report messages (not enough room in one for both bugs) and hopefully they'll fix these issues...lol

Here's a pic of the game before we both left:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/ ... blebug.png

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:31 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

butterflygirl wrote:
If someone else circles a petpetpet, it cancels out what you've been doing. I don't know why, but that's how it seems to work. I don't usually have much trouble with this game, but every once in a while I'll have a game where the other person is faster than me and I can't circle much...lol

Edit
I just had two bugs in one game.

The story:
I had been battling my opponent pretty hard. They'd gotten most of their keys fairly quickly and I was way behind due to lousy rolls. So I'd been slowing them down and eventually caught up. They were one space away from the door, so I used a mortog powerup. It moved me onto the door space, told me to roll, then went to the other player. The other player, who was missing a key, then jumped onto the door space (I've seen this glitch before) and the game stopped doing anything. No game over messages, no turn option, nothing.

I did send in two bug report messages (not enough room in one for both bugs) and hopefully they'll fix these issues...lol

Here's a pic of the game before we both left:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/ ... blebug.png

A. With all powerups, you must roll the dice after using it. The mortog card is no different. The powerup is to jump 1 space ahead AND roll the dice (it is always 1 space in front - the same direction as the player is going). So if you jump into the exit, you cannot roll the dice so you cannot complete your turn. You can get out of the problem by using a misdirected or another mortog PU.

B. When you have all 5 keys the game recognises that you can now exit through the door. If you lose any keys the game does not recognise that you are now unable to exit. You will still see the arrow to move to the door, even though you are unable to win.

In both instances it is not a glitch, but poor design in the game. And in both instances players have used this poor design to end the game without a winner (sore losers who can pretend they didn't know of this problem).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:47 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Daze wrote:
In both instances it is not a glitch, but poor design in the game. And in both instances players have used this poor design to end the game without a winner (sore losers who can pretend they didn't know of this problem).

Glitch or poor design, they know about it now. :P I actually got an automated response back fairly quickly. Guess they actually care about their newest feature...lol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:26 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I just had something weird happen.

While playing my opponent rolled the die and moved only a few spaces. The left over spaces remained and it moved to my turn. The next few turns they had they rolled and the numbers accrued but they did not move.

In the minigames it seemed like something was off as well. i.e. the spiders one....I was picking up the objects and bringing them back up. They would hit the bottom grab an item and then be at the top of the screen with it without going back up the web. They were able to move quickly through the game by doing that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:27 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Urgh, I am having so much trouble trying to connect to keyquest. I try to join a game, but I keep on clicking the button or doubleclicking and nothing happens. I get booted off the quick game waiting room screen in a minute or so. Is this just my connection, browser (I use firefox), or a glitch?

Edit: Never mind, after posting this I was able to connect to a game :D

Set made by Moogie. Thanks for the wonderful work :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Just a heads up for those who have access to a Toys R Us: Many of their stores are having a "Door Buster" sale starting around 3pm today and ending at around 1pm tomorrow - in which they are doing a "buy one get one free" thing with the Keyquest plushies. <crosses fingers that we can find the 3 plushies we're looking for>

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:02 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Hmmm. I will head down to Toys R Us today and see if its happening down here in Melbourne.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:45 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Try the Open Beta!

Key Quest (Open BETA)
If you like to play dangerously and risk tangling with the occasional bug, the Open Beta of Key Quest has new features that aren't yet ready to go live. You can still earn Neopets and Keys in this version, so please help us out by testing this version. :)

Features currently in testing: Alignment Squares, Character Squares, Location Squares, New Mini-Games.

http://www.neopets.com/games/keyquest/edge.phtml

New beta version of Haunted Woods is up.

It has a few new features, including:

* In game mini-map.

* When you hover over a game in the Lobby, a text box comes up to let you know what Board the game is in.

* There is a mute button on the screen.

A few new cards:

LOCATION CARDS:

SHH CARDS:
ImageImage

NEW POWERUPS:

Last edited by Daze on Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:28 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

It's interesting but slow. I'm not sure I like some of the new stuff, but I probably just need to get used to it. I didn't like the new powerups they added to the regular version at first either.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:49 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

It bothers me when people intentionally quit a game because someone else will get first place. This has happened to me twice already--and once, my opponent even said 'good-bye' and quit before I was able to get to the winning portal. I don't see the logic behind this--you prevent both yourself and your opponents from getting prizes, since regardless of whether you get first place, everyone gets a key with which to unlock a prize. :x I hope TNT will be able to fix this soon.

Set made by Moogie. Thanks for the wonderful work :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:21 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

BrunosisShale wrote:
It bothers me when people intentionally quit a game because someone else will get first place. This has happened to me twice already--and once, my opponent even said 'good-bye' and quit before I was able to get to the winning portal. I don't see the logic behind this--you prevent both yourself and your opponents from getting prizes, since regardless of whether you get first place, everyone gets a key with which to unlock a prize. :x I hope TNT will be able to fix this soon.

I find that quite annoying, too. That's why I try to start my game with 4 players -- it increases the chances that somebody will stick around until the end.

I came across another way players have of ruining the game. Two players were obviously collaborating to insure that they took 1-2. I was pretty close to winning, but they both used power-ups against me (not too surprising); however, once I'd been reduced to third place, the second place person continued to use power-ups against me rather than against the first place person. At first I thought they just weren't paying attention, but the game dragged on long enough for it to be rather obviously not the case. By the time the first person managed to get all their keys and to the finish (because of course I was swapping keys and stealing extras), the first person had 12 keys, the second person had 10, and I was down to 3 -- and yet right before 1st place won, 2nd place made me lose a turn.

Is this type of collaboration actually against the rules? Or is it considered a legal strategy? I'd have quit the game, but it wouldn't have changed what kind of keys they were getting... To me, it's akin to people collaborating to hoard an item and jack up the price (which is considered cheating).

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next