Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Minority Rules 3: Q3 Posted (Answers due Wed 12/17 7pm NST )
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:11 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

D'awwww. At least I couldn't have done anything better. I like that feeling. :P A consolation prize.

Click the wonderful signature. You know you want to.

Post subject: Re: Minority Rules 3: Q3 Posted (Answers due Wed 12/17 7pm NST )
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:12 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Siniri burst into the room. "Were you guys too busy mapquesting and figuring out the Greyhound schedule? I've only received answers from half of you."

"But PPT wouldn't load for me earlier, and 7pm NST is the middle of the night for," Pardona pointed out.

"Ah, I see. PPT was down for me earlier today, too (actually, I checked, and it was down for everyone, not just me). Well, to be fair to everyone's schedule, I guess we'll give you another 24 hours to get those answers in for this round." Siniri grabbed a glass of neggnog from the tray Pixa was holding. She settled on the hearth. "I've been to Chicago only once, but I've ridden loads of buses. Of course, to determine the answer to this question you could differentiate the tangent of the hypotenuse of the velocity and then exponentiate the inverse matrix of distance..."

Pipsqueek guffawed. "That makes no sense at all." "Well, of course not. I don't want to give away any clues as to the leading answer!" Siniri snapped. "I guess I'll see you all tomorrow." She stormed out of the room. "Yay for coin flips!" loser cheered.

Round 3 has been continued for another 24 hours.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Post subject: Re: Minority Rules 3: Q3 Delayed (Answers due Th 12/17 7pm NST )
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:29 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Well I got my answer in early :p

Bring KISS to my Hometown

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:24 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm still missing answers from Pixa and Katherine. I might be a bit late posting the results tonight -- I have dance class until 9, but it often runs late and is a 30-40 minute drive from my home. It shouldn't be more than a half-hour late, so tomorrow's results will be due at the same time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:19 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

*sendy-send-send*

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:22 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I don't know if you actually *sendy-send-send*, but I didn't *getty-get-get*. You might want to *resendy-send-send*.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:13 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Sendy-send-send wasn't to imply you were getting anything. Simply as a way of... noting I am here. Yup.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:28 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Siniri bustled into the room a bit late. "Sorry about that; hope you didn't wait too long." "I've been waiting nearly 48 hours, mate," StuMan grumbled. "Well, which is faster?" Siniri asked. "By bus," loser, Pardona, Pipsqueeek, Pixa, Wind, and Zilary chimed at the same time. "Uh-oh," they all said, glancing at each other disappointedly. Katherine just stayed silent.

"Well, StuMan, you cheekily wrote that 'to Chicago' is the minority even though no one else had answered yet. Looks like you were right," siniri congratulated him. "So take your 2 points, and have a cookie, too." "Thanks," StuMan replied, selecting a snickerdoodle from siniri's still fishy-smelling platter.

Everyone waited expectantly as a chilly wind blew through the hall. "Yeah, Wind, that's your cue. The randomizer chose your first question," siniri explained. "But I only submitted one," Wind announced. "Oh. WW question! Do you prefer being evil or innocent?" "I wouldn't know; I've only ever gotten to be innocent. But WW is fun!" siniri skipped out of the room, Irish style.

Round 3 Results[b]
[b]Majority:
loser, Pardona, Pipsqueeek, Pixa, Wind, Zilary (0 points)
Minority: Stuman (+2 points Solo Minority Super Bonus)
No Vote: Katherine (-1 point)

Round 4 Question: WW question! Do you prefer being evil or innocent?
Answers due by Friday 12/19 7pm NST (10pm EST).

Note that I have only been posting the total scores on the first page, but here's an update: StuMan surged into the lead at 3, with Pipsqueeek following closely at 2. Loser, Wind, and Zilary held onto a 3-way tie for third. Meanwhile, Pixa and Pardona had managed to pick the majority answer every single time (guys, the game is Minority Rules, not Majority Rules -- you might want to just go with the opposite of whatever you end up deciding). Katherine stands in imminent danger of elimination at -2.

Post subject: Re: Minority Rules 3: Q4 Posted (Answers due Fri 12/19 7pm NST )
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:23 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Siniri hopped into the room. "Well, I thought I might have to postpone this round, too, since I couldn't even open your answers for hours and hours. But it looks like somehow you were all able to send them in." Katherine waved her hand. "Oh, yeah, except Katherine, who hasn't logged on since Sunday. I hope you're doing alright, Katherine, but I'm sorry to say you have been eliminated from this race."

Siniri raised her eyebrows at the rest of the group. "Apparently, I'm missing out in WW, since you all seem to think being evil is better." Wind groaned. "So you're telling me this time I should have gone with my first pick? Figures."

Siniri threw her head back and laughed maliciously. She stopped abruptly. "That reminds me: given Pip's cackling as she cast her vote, I'm going to vote for you first round of our next WW game, just so you know." Pixa looked surprised.

StuMan suddenly shouted, "Wait! Does that mean I'm the only one who voted innocent? Woohoo! Game over!" "No, I'd never played WW, so I voted innocent, too," Zilary corrected him. "You need to win one more round." "That's right," siniri said. "StuMan and Zilary picked innocent for the minority."

"Speaking of the next round, I suppose you'd like your next question. The randomizer decided that Katherine should ask a question on her last night -- how thoughtful of that incognizant thingy." Katherine asked, "Peaches or or--" she stopped as siniri clapped her hand over Katherine's mouth. "Don't say that fruit's name in my presence. Besides, the randomizer picked your other question." "That's fine, the other question is about my two favoritest book series of all times. Which is awesomer? Harry Potter, or Twilight?" Katherine gushed.

Pardona and loser had been conspiring in the corner -- perhaps they were plotting against siniri for killing them in H&H3 despite their alliance, because they suddenly came charging at her with a chocolate orange. She ran from the room, shrieking and sobbing.

Round 4 Results:
Majority (evil):
loser, Pardona, Pipsqueeek, Pixa, Wind
Minority (innocent): StuMan, Zilary (+1 point each)
No Vote: Katherine (-1 point, eliminated)

Round 5 Question: Which is awesomer? Harry Potter, or Twilight?
Answers due by 7pm NST (10pm EST) Sat. 12/20 (I'm travelling tomorrow, so my apologies in advance if results are posted late -- if they're really late, I'll give you 48 hours for the next round.)

Post subject: Re: Minority Rules 3: Q5 Posted (Answers due Sat 12/20 7pm NST )
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:34 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

:lol: I should have just went with innocent. LIKE I TOLD MYSELF TO. But nooo.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:39 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Pixa wrote:
:lol: I should have just went with innocent. LIKE I TOLD MYSELF TO. But nooo.

Lol Lol Lol. I am getting pretty good at this methinks

Bring KISS to my Hometown

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm not a huge fan of Harry Potter, but I don't like Twilight. So Harry Potter it is.

<3 Laq

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:01 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Siniri walked in carrying the still-fishy-but-now-also-cinnamony platter, this time piled high with deviled eggs. Everyone wrinkled their noses but politely took an egg, discreetly holding it in their napkins. "You know, you could wash that platter," loser pointed out. "But wouldn't it tarnish?" siniri asked in surprise.

The players just stared at her blankly. Siniri cleared her throat. "Well, I don't want my reputation to be tarnished, but I'm afraid I have egg on my face. Given PPT's continued problems, I can only give several of our respondents the benefit of the doubt and assume that they were unable to log in but otherwise would have sent in their responses. Not wanting to punish these contestants unfairly because of their timezone/PPT timing, I have decided to extend the time for round 5 by 24 hours."

"Oh, and the egg on my face is because I did not leave for my trip today, and will thus be travelling tomorrow, but I should be able to post round 6 on time." Siniri left the room, and the contestants raced to toss their eggy napkins in the fireplace.

Round 5 has been extended 24 hours. Get those answers in! (And PPT, stay functional!)

Post subject: Re: Minority Rules 3: Q5 Extended (Ans due Sun 12/21 7pm NST )
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:05 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

The players eyed the door as 7pm NST drew near, but a sound from the chimney drew Pardona's attention. He was about to stick his head into the fireplace to see what was causing the noise when siniri crashed onto the hearth, narrowly missing Pardona's nose, but engulfing him in a cloud of soot. Siniri coughed. "Well, it looks like PPT's still having some difficulties. I see that most of you have received my PM with alternate methods for submission and where to find the question if PPT is down -- let's hope we don't need them." Wind chimed up, "Um, actually, I haven't read either PM you sent to me yet."

Siniri sighed. "Yes, I saw that, and also that you haven't logged on since Friday -- I don't know if that's because you haven't been able to due to PPT's issues, or because you forgot. But I don't want to delay the round again, so I'll let you keep your grace period." Katherine gushed, "Well, which of my favorites won?"

"You seriously like Twilight? No one else would ever possibly admit that. Which is why I voted for it, though I hate myself for it," loser teased. "Um, you're really gonna hate yourself, because though I despise it with a loathing passion, I voted for Twilight, too," Zilary said. "Twilight da pimp!" Pixa, who'd been drinking too much eggnog (we begged him not to go), shouted.

"What about you guys?" Pipsqueeek asked. Pardona and StuMan shrugged, averting their eyes, embarrassed. "Twilight," they muttered. "HA!" Pipsqueeek gloated. "I knew everyone would think everyone else would be too embarrassed to put Twilight down, so you'd all end up putting Twilight down! I'm cool as Nash!"

Siniri announced, "Yes, Pip, you get 2 points for being the sole Harry Potter guesser (phenomenal series by the way), which ties you with StuMan at 4 points each. The rest of you should make sure those two are in the majority next round. Now, I have one thing to say about Twilight." She cleared her throat and tried to say with a straight face (but utterly failing):
it was the best series starting with a teenage girl in love with a mysterious boy in her class that ended up with a teenage girl defending her growth-accelerated mutant hybrid baby from an ancient clan of evil vampires with her magical psychic shield that I [never] read, THE END.

"Yeah, but that's what makes it so good," Katherine defended, storming out of the room in frustration at everyone else's lack of taste. "Well, I guess we need a new question," siniri said briskly. "Pardona, you're up! The work one!"

Pardona wiped the soot from his eyes, coughed, and asked, "All work or no play?" "Hmph! Lately, I've been experiencing both due to finals, but soon I'll be experiencing neither! Yay for vacation!" With that, siniri climbed back into the fireplace, put her finger aside her nose, and nodded her head. After a minute, Wind said, "I think that only works for Santa." "Fine!" siniri stomped out the door. She turned at the door. "For those who doubt me on HP, may I just say (to those who have finished the entire series):
that if you re-read GoF when Voldemort gives Wormtail his new hand, you'll get chills when you remember what happened to Wormtail in the end. (So you don't have to look it up, it was something like, 'May your loyalty to me never waver again.') Seriously, how freakin' cool is that?"

Round 5 Results:
Majority (Twilight):
loser, Pardona, Pixa, StuMan, Zilary
Minority (Harry Potter): Pipsqueeek (2 point Solo Minority Super Bonus)
No Answer: Wind (no penalty due to PPT issues over last 48 hours)

Round 6 Question: All work or no play?
Answers due Mon. 12/22 7pm NST (10pm EST) -- if PPT is down, please send your answers using one of the alternative methods I PMed you (see my Neopets user lookup for the question).

Post subject: Re: Minority Rules 3: Q6 Posted (Ans due Mon 12/22 7pm NST )
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Whaa....I knew I should have thought opposite of the opposite I was thinking that everyone else was thinking.

Hmm, is Jack a dull boy?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next