Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: ICE- In case of Emergency
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:48 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
ICE is useful for me. It's my parents' home phone number, which I wouldn't have in my phone otherwise since I know it by heart. My parents don't answer their cell phones most of the time, and I don't have any other family titles (e.g. "Grandma" or "Aunt Joyce") in my phone. It's also good for them to know WHICH number you want them to call, so they don't have to flick through your phone and decide between "Home" and "Mom(work)" and "Mom(cell)" and all the other variations.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:00 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Its also handy if you don't want somebody panicking early - especially people with heart conditions and the like. Its a lot more stressful for a paramedic to call up somebody and say such and such has been in an accident etc than for such and such's ICE to call and explain or for such and such to call for themselves from the hospital.

Additionally, it makes it easier for divorced parents - there'd be no use calling my Dad in an emergency as he lives a fair chunk away, but if I were a paramedic I would probably ring a dad before a mum in an emergency.

Plus it just makes it easier for the paramedics - they've been taught to go Ice -> Mum/Dad -> Home etc. If you have an ICE it makes it quicker for them so they can concentrate on doing other stuff. Like juggling.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:34 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Katherine wrote:
TDG wrote:
Mmm, after my last first aid course I updated my phone to have a few of these. I also told myself if I ever needed a medic alert bracelet I'd get one made of solid gold as its more likely to be noticed by the paramedics :P (our tutor mentioned that quite often they're not seen in the chaos of emergencies and aren't noticed until in the ambulance)

I'd personally get mine in lime green, so you can really see it.

I don't have a cell, but I know I will program some of these in when I get one.

My friends medic alert bracelette is lime green

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:02 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
TDG wrote:
Mmm, after my last first aid course I updated my phone to have a few of these. I also told myself if I ever needed a medic alert bracelet I'd get one made of solid gold as its more likely to be noticed by the paramedics :P (our tutor mentioned that quite often they're not seen in the chaos of emergencies and aren't noticed until in the ambulance)

Why not have a medical alert cod piece? Made of solid gold? The paramedics will surely notice that one.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:31 am 
Administrator
Administrator

To add on top of this I just read an article in a local paper (Philadelphia Inquirer) that people were going into purses, stealing one credit card and the person's cellphone to text someone that was listed as "husband," or whatever, with a message to the effect of "I forgot our pin, what is it?" Apparently a lot of people didn't think much of this and just said the number. So, moral of the story. Program ICEs and not "Husband" etc? Or don't marry an idiot!

Like in waiting rooms and long lines that made you late or mall parking lots on holidays
Blog | Flickr | Twitter | Zune

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2