Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Twitchy wrote:
Actuly, they thought sirius was the traitor/spy.

No, they didn't. The only reason they switched to Peter is that voldie would have went after Sirius right away as he was one of the Potters most magically powerful and trusted friends. It was far too obvious for them to use him as a secret keeper, and as evidenced in OoTP he was probably the poster child for "least likely to follow voldie".

I'm holding onto my Hagrid theory until I get some more info to debunk it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:40 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I say the half-blood-prince is Godric Gryffindor. It makes sense because he was an important part in COS, which was originally going to be called Half-Blood Prince. Plus... royalty isn't exactly modern is it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:38 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Twitchy wrote:
I am dead sure t is hadrid now...but I still don't get what JKR meant when she said:

Quote:
their are clues in the second book.
......... :thinking:

Personally, I would look where the house-elves are. But I've been avoiding it because of JKR's land mines with a five-year timer that ran out. Best do it quickly, though - the book might be finished before February.

Do what you will; but I will hinder it if I may.

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Quote:
I say the half-blood-prince is Godric Gryffindor

but he's dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ok, I believe that Salazaar Slytherin or Godric Gryffindor is the HBP because of the fact that Harry discovers that TMV is related to Salazar and that is the little "discovery" don't ask about the Godric thing.

Another HBP Book topic but not about WHO he IS, the burning question, my main argument,

IS SIRIUS BLACK REALLY DEAD????

Ok, you can see my view from my location and signature, but here are my reasons:

A. Even the DoM dosen't know for sure what the Veil does. Therefore, it may NOT be a death arch after all. I have no clue where the heck he is, but he may not be dead. An example is from the Harry Potter Fanfiction Harry Potter and the Dark Aurors (I'll post a link when the site is back up). This fiction mentions that Harry discovers it is not an archway of Death, but a gateway to The Wait of the Dead, known to us as Purgatory. For those of you who are clueless (like I was), Dictionary.com has this definition of Purgatory:
Quote:
in Roman Catholic theology the place where those who have died in a state of grace undergo limited torment to expiate their sins

However, since my precious Siri didn't die, he is stuck there.
In this particular fanfiction, Harry and a Maji go through the veil and rescue Sirius. I don't know if this is what happened, but it's possible.
EDIT: here is the link: Harry Potter and the Dark Aurors

B. Another explanation may be that he somehow comes back and/or never died even though it IS an archway of death. There are twoplausable explanations that I have seen in fanfictions recently, although there are probably many more out there.
The first one is that there is a potion that brings Sirius, James, and Lily all back. Of course, this one isnt' likely as the whole story is meant as an anti-depressant after reading OotP and is light and fluffy and happy. Nevertheless, the link is Harry Potter and the Second Chance at FanFiction.Net

The second explanation is that is extremely long and complex. Harry used the Time turner and went back to Sirius. He was under the invisibility cloak, and since he could not legally change time, NO ONE but NO ONE was to know that Sirius didn't die, not even Past Harry/ So what happened was this: Harry made a portkey and went back in time to the battle. When Sirius started to fall, just as he fell through Invisible Harry touched him with the portkey. To everyone else it looked like he fell through, but in reality he and Invisible Harry were transported to a quiet part of the Ministry (or anywhere else for that matter). They then went back forward in time and Sirius was back! Of course, in the Fanfiction Remus almost died to and was also saved by the TimeTurner but thats another story.

My reasoning for the possibility of FORWARD TIME TRAVEL is this: In book 3, Hermionie says to Harry something about people killing their past or future selves by mistake, thinking it was dark magic. Ok, if you went back in time and the past you (pyou) saw the Future/TimeTraveling you (ttyou) they would think it was dark magic and possibly kill ttyou. HOWEVER, if only traveling BACKWARDS is possible, then ttyou would know you were back in time so would not be surprised to see the pyou and would not try to kill pyou. Therefore the only plausable explanation in my mind for killing the pyou because of suspicion would be if pyou was ALSO ttyou (traveled FORWARD) and FUTURE you didn't expect you. I hope you can understand what I'm saying here, I confused myself a bit too. This was also gotten from a fanfiction that I cannot remember the location of, sorry!

C. My Final evidence is this: In a chat on World Book Day, JKR was asked the question "If we ever see Sirius again, what form will he be in?"
JKR's response was this:
Quote:
I couldn't possibly answer that for fear of incriminating myself.

JKR usually just says "no" if that's the answer. Therefore, if we woudn't see Siri alive again, then she would have said so more than likely.

As you can see, I went through great lenghts to convince myself my precious Siri is alive *huggles Sirius* He's my precious and I don't want him gone!!! If indeed he IS gone, I just know that he will have a monumental part in the books....right, JKR??????? *death glare at JKR* Thats all for my lecutre today. Peace out!

~Robin
Siriusly in Denial

EDIT: ADDED THE LINK OF THE PURGATORY EXPLANATION

I am, and forever will be, The Queer Alpaca
they/them

Last edited by Robin on Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Twitchy wrote:
Quote:
I say the half-blood-prince is Godric Gryffindor

but he's dead.

So?

Books can have plotlines about dead people.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Robin wrote:
IS SIRIUS BLACK REALLY DEAD????

Yes. Sorry, but he's quite dead. Do you really think JKR would have used that as a poll question if answering it would mean everyone knowing a huge plotline?

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:22 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ok, let me rephrase that: WILL MY PRECIOUS SIRI EVER COME BACK IN ANY WAY?????????

Siriusly, guys, he's GOTTA come back or Harry will have a nervous breakdown- not to mention me.

they/them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Robin wrote:
Ok, let me rephrase that: WILL MY PRECIOUS SIRI EVER COME BACK IN ANY WAY?????????

Siriusly, guys, he's GOTTA come back or Harry will have a nervous breakdown- not to mention me.

'Cept Harry has to lose someone- or someones- throughout the books. They're not fluffy fairy tales, they're dark novels where the hero will probably die at the end, and where nothing will ever be the same.

I may be a bit biased, as I didn't like Sirius, and wasn't horribly saddened by his death, but I really don't think he's coming back. I'd find it to be pointless. Harry has to deal with this death, and he has to get over it- and perhaps others- to be able to defeat Voldemort. I'd be quite dissappointed to read a book and have a dead person be all "Hey, I'm ba-ack! Do the happy dance!"

Another point is that JKR, it seems, wants to make these books different from others. She's already done it (except for Wormtail being quite similar to Grima Wormtongue...), but if she's going to keep this series apart from LotR, and instead be even more original, the dead characters need to stay dead. One way of going around this is to have Harry die at the end, and see his parents, Sirius, Cedric... Everyone who died for him or because of him. It'd be an incredibly bittersweet ending, and if JKR were to go down that path, she'd probably find a way to write a powerful piece of fiction.

(Watch me be horribly wrong. x_x)

(Though if Harry dies, Ginny can never marry. Or, of course, she can die too, and they'll have a dead wedding. Ginny/Harry forever! :P )

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

OR you could stop debating it and just be patient and wait for the book to come out, because nothing you say is going to have any affect on the plot.

No, didn't think so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:12 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Okay I dont think anyone has ever mentioned this but here's what I think..

I think that Dudley, that's right, Dudley is the HBP.

When Harry and Dumbledore have their talk at the end of OOTP, dumbledore states something to the tune of "I was pleased to see you had not become a spoiled little prince" not exact but you get the gist.

Dudley and the Dementors.... They had an effect on him, but he was so freaked out afterwards we never found out whether or not he actually saw them.. If he did see them, then we could have a wizard on our hands here, folks.

There are some instances in the books where the Dursleys try to keep Dudley from having a temper tantrum... Maybe so he doesnt make anything... happen? ;)

The howler... "Remember my last" Maybe just maybe.. Dumbledore and Petunia have a pact to keep Dudleys heritage secret. If Petunia's a squib.. which I suspect she is, Dudley could have magical powers, which would make him a half blood. Maybe keeping Dudley under wraps from vernon and the rest of the world is the only reason she took Harry in.. We haven't ever read what was in that letter that Dumbledore left, at the Dursleys doorstep.

And I remember JK saying something about Lily's GRANDPARENTS being half bloods or having half blood children. (ill have to find the way she put it)

Which would mean that Lilys parents could've infact, been magical folk.

And why would Lily's and Petunia's parents be so "proud" when Lily got her letter? ..Unless they were expecting or hoping for one? It seems like something that Muggles would be a bit taken aback by. Learning of a whole other world. And that would also explain why Petunia is so bitter about the wizarding world.. She didn't get to be a part of it, she was a squib.

I hope that made sense, i wrote this quickly

My 3 favorite books
Harry Potter
Lemony Snicket
Elektra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:19 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Harry Potter and the Second Chance

^-----Robins fanfic

that is really rwally good1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Twitchy wrote:
Harry Potter and the Second Chance

^-----Robins fanfic

that is really rwally good1

*coughs* Thanks, but I didn't write that, just linekd it to show I wasnt' the only one who was thinking that way :)

they/them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Quote:
'Cept Harry has to lose someone- or someones- throughout the books. They're not fluffy fairy tales, they're dark novels where the hero will probably die at the end, and where nothing will ever be the same.

why does he has to lose someone/ he has already lost his parents, and cedric diggory....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:03 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Twitchy wrote:
Quote:

why does he has to lose someone/ he has already lost his parents, and cedric diggory....

Because these books are supposed to be about people going through hard times to do what's right. As much as I hate to admit it, it's a moral thing.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next