Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daily Dare 2016
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:12 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

So you don't have to do anything special to get the DD (other than challenging AAA as normal)? I tried clicking on the words but it doesn't appear clickable. Just making sure I don't get screwed like yesterday before doing anything...

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:42 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Good question, Siniri. Clicking on the Double Dare "seal" doesn't do anything.

I'll try simply challenging AAA and let you know.

ETA: Yes. Just challenge AAA and beat him, and you will get both AAA and Abi's prizes, along with a choice of +2 Defense or a wearable Yooyu Cap. I chose the Yooyu Cap.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:01 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks, Blue! Going to play now. Should be only one game...

Or not! My first game, the yooyu fell out of the main enclosure somehow and ended up in the larger circle... Weird glitch!

And the second game... And the third game... and the fourth game... Though in that one, I didn't try to get the extra bonuses, so it just fell through to the sun... and on level 2, it fell through some of the barriers again, though not all... 400 is going to be harder than I thought! Yep, third level, it ended with a 278. This game is usually really easy for me! Argh! I wonder if it's my browser (Chrome)? Changing to best quality, maybe that will help?

Nope... and now my yooyu has completely disappeared on level 3 (score 322). I have 3 lives left, but no way to use any of them. This is ridiculous, JS. What the heck happened to this game?!

Okay, phew... Sixth time was finally a charm, because I miraculously was able to hit the sun while falling through level 3 on the third try. I chose defense because the cap is going for 11k, and 2 defense costs more than that for me (and since I'm still zapping Grainne, I always need defense).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:46 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Glad you got it, Siniri! I just automatically clicked on AAA without even thinking it was this game. For some reason, I had Turmac Roll in my head. When it came up, I said, "Awww, man.". Ah well. No glitches for me, but it did take me a few tries to get back into this one. Nowhere close to my high score. Only cared to just squeak over the AAA score...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'd actually attempted for a trophy on this one on the first of the month (and didn't make it), so AAA's score was well within practice range for me.

The glitches you were getting are strange, Siniri! I've never seen any of them, and I use Chrome.
I took the cap, as I'd rather have it than the defence for my back-up battle pet (and my battle pet is well over 800 now, so really no point in giving it to her).

The prices on the Abi prizes are ridiculous. I guess they've made the AAA scores too low or something? Either that, or someone's doing some serious price gouging on the Abi prizes.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:32 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Day 5 challenge - Chariot Chase.

Compared to the first 4 days AAA scores, the score of 1900 seems quite high.
My highest is 300. Although I think I got higher before, I know it was no where near 1900.

It is going to take me all day to try for this score.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

This one is a little trickier if you're not practiced.

Tips:
Play on Normal. Hard gets you no extra points, and you lose lives for running into the walls.
Make sure to always pick the same Alabriss.
If you're not well practiced at this, it will take you 19 laps to guarantee AAA's score (though at top speeds, you can get it in 10). You can earn from 100 to 190 points per lap, depending on how fast you go. Slower might be better, as you'll have a little more control/be able to judge where the other racers are.
I've found that the clocks are more annoying than helpful. Sometimes, if there's pile of dung around and no other racers, I'll crash into it controlled, so that I don't hit it later when there's no way to avoid losing a life. Otherwise, they last for at least two laps when you're going as fast as you can.
Suns and Clouds are wonderful. Don't lose a life to get one, (you can't collect power ups while you're flashing red, anyways), but definitely zip along as fast as you can while you have one active.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:11 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Finally managed it. Found a 'trick' to it. I just found the places on the track that you could stop without being hit, then waited for a powerup to popup near me. Took about 45 minutes to do 19 laps.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:24 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Good advice, Daze. I found that 'trick' really helpful to beat AAA. Thankfully, it "only" took about 20 minutes to get it done, but I did start getting the general hang of controlling the Alabriss and took a couple of laps at risk when the gaps looked good enough to make it around without getting hit. One of those trips was not so good and I got hit twice, so I finally stuck to the hide and powerup strategy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:01 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks, Daze. My high score was 2700, but I was getting 300-400 with JN's suggestion. I got 700 with your method before church (but in a hurry, not a real try)... And just came home to play for real... And I've had two games end spontaneously with no lives lost (the first after 5 seconds) playing on lowest quality... So... No idea. Why am I getting all the glitches? Going to reboot and cross my fingers that it fixes things... Then I'll have to decide if I should go for AAA... Maybe I should see what the same-day prize is and whether it's even worth stressing over tonight...

ETA: The problem is neither my computer nor my internet connection; it's site lag. *sigh* I've had the worst luck this DD. Usually I enjoy it, but glitches are a real headache.

ETA: I thought the lag was fixed (and fairly quickly), but I got up to 1600 and it started glitching again. I give up for today. *sigh* I was sooo close, too, and to have the game end due to a glitch is so frustrating!

ETA: And I just discovered the bonus is a book. It couldn't be something cheap and worthless today, oh no... I can't win for freaking trying. If the site would just freaking work, I could be done by now. I just want to go to bed. I have been working nonstop since I got up at 4:30 this morning. UGH.

ETA: Gave it one more shot and made it. Phew. That is now one of my least favorite games (right up with the gross hotdog one and the disgusting barfy one).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:20 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Congrats, Siniri! I agree. This game in the bottom X. I don't hate the hotdog game as much as you do, but it is not a game I play by choice.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:22 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Wow Siniri, you did have a run of bad luck. I am so glad you got the game to work and got the win. :)

I did read on the boards that others were having problems with the game as well.

Day 6 challenge - Spacerocked!
AAA - 5000
Abi - 500.

Very easy today. Got AAA's score. The choice of wearable or speed for day and date. Love the item.

~~

I am a little miffed at Abi's prizes. Basically they are the same type of prize but different style. Both AAA's prize and Abi's are wearables. Usually the lower score gets a food or toy. No wonder Abi's prizes are going for the same or more than AAA's. With less of Abi's prizes around, the worth of them could very well keep rising.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:55 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Finally, an easy challenge with no glitches. Phew. I also chose the wearable; it's going for 70k right now, and I don't really need speed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:54 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Easy score indeed. It is no wonder Abi's prizes are so rare.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:52 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

8000 points need for AAA on Ice Cream Machine. My highest is in the 6000s, so I may be lucky to get to 8000 with practise.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next