Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:28 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Meghan wrote:
Snow Dogs - This disapointed me. When I saw the comercial for it, I though that the dogs TALKED in the movie. They didn't, well, only in one part they did but that's it. And it WAS very boring. x-x

I hate any animals talking anyway, so I kinda liked that movie. Then again, I was sick, so meh.

Garfield I have avoided seeing. Woo hoo. It does not interest me. Talking cat? Yeuch. Never am I going to watch that movie (though through some twist of fate I probably will. X_x).

Harry Potter 1 and 2. I don't know why. They just did. O_o

And 3 twisted/mucked up the plot, but in its own way it was good.

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:23 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Setekh wrote:
so whats wrong with king arthur then?
oh right the "Y" generation.
who needs accuracy when you can have a fraggin great round table and tin tagnil eh.

It's not only the accuracy. The acting was horrible..and bleh. >_<

EDIT: I thought the film was very accurate (if you check my first post), and that was really the only thing I liked about it. *hides under a suspiciously placed rock*

Time stops for no one.

Last edited by Koku on Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:44 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Hmm...Matrix 2 and 3, although I kind of expected it. Harry Potter 3, but again, I was expecting it. Princess Mononoke was rather dissappointing because I'd read so many good things about it, yet it was just...I dunno, but I didn't like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

*death glare at everyone who says Harry Potter and the Prisioner of Azkaban* grrrr.... thats my favorite movie EVER you are insulting!! Heh heh, kidding (I love the movie but you have rights to an opinion too) I'm probally just biased because of my Siri :)

I'd have to say King Arthur. It was just stupid....

I am, and forever will be, The Queer Alpaca
they/them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:52 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Hmmm... movies that disappointed me....

Every horror movie (that came out in theaters) that has come out in the last 5 years
Now.. I know most horror movies are going to be cheesy or silly etc but come on.. I expect more than a typical B movie that should've gone straight to video. Except for Dawn of the Dead.. but I'm terrified of zombies so that's probably why I liked it :P lol

And erm.. I know there are a ton more that have disappointed me but I just woke up so that's all I can think of right now :P heh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:21 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

A Cinderella Story: Can you say Mary Sue? Plus, it has Hilary Duff in it, so I have no idea why I watched it. -_- She. Can't. Act.

Garfield: Okay, I have to admit that when they were dancing around, it was pretty cute . But that's it. It was a typical movie where everything comes out right in the end. And animal abuse is so not my thing.

That's all for now, kiddies.

Image Thanksies Dawn, sorry I didn't see it before. ^___^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:48 pm 

Prisoner of Azkaban. Everyone was like, "Oh, it's so good!" and then I saw it, and was severely disappointed. Even ignoring the fact that it butchered the book, it didn't grab me at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:02 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Koku wrote:
Setekh wrote:
who needs accuracy when you can have a fraggin great round table and tin tagnil eh.

thats about as much sence as "i hae gladiator because its egotystical"
dont read much actual history do we

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:04 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Unbreakable - Boring with a pathetic ending... - The director had done better
Prisoner of Azkaban - So unlike the book, it wasn't bad, just wasn't what I was expecting.

~Set by moogie~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:56 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: the petpet puddle, searching for pet matches. my gorgeous set is by _jaye_.
Setekh wrote:

now now, let's not get snooty. if i want to see accuracy and history, i'm not going to go to the movie theater; i'm going to flip on the history channel.

my friend and i went to see anchorman, since we both enjoy will farrell on SNL.
it was SO BAD we had to go see another movie afterwards, because if we let the day end on that horrible note, it would have ruined our friendship. :roflol: seriously though, we laughed exactly once. and there was a dog that got drop-kicked in it. A DROP-KICKED DOG. that's not funny! :cry:

i was also highly disappointed by the latest harry potter movie. it didn't stand on its own in my opinion, and it left out vital information. i understand leaving out certain scenes for time purposes (like they did in the other movies, which i didn't mind), but leaving out absolutely necessary info? unacceptable.

another big disappointment was benny and joon. it's my friend's favorite movie, and she usually has good taste. not so in this case. stupid plot, stupid characters, stupid movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Setekh wrote:
Koku wrote:
Setekh wrote:

Sasha doesn't like the movie because it was inaccurate and the acting was very poor. Problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:28 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Igg wrote:
Setekh wrote:
Koku wrote:
Setekh wrote:

Sasha doesn't like the movie because it was inaccurate and the acting was very poor. Problem?

because its actually very accurate, just not to the piffy medieval romance rot.
Quote:
now now, let's not get snooty. if i want to see accuracy and history, i'm not going to go to the movie theater; i'm going to flip on the history channel.

i wouldnt, its about as accurate as braveheart and patriot is the history channel.

Post subject: Re: Movies That Just Plain Dissapointed You
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:39 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Dawn2 wrote:
The Princess Diaries 2: I haven't seen this movie yet, nor do I plan on it. Me, being a person who reads immensly, read all of the Princess Diaries books, and let me tell you- the previews make the movie look NOTHING like the book. For one part- in one scene, Princess Mia says something along the lines of, "I have my own mall", in a pleased way. The in-the-book Mia would NEVER say something like that. In the book Mia was never interested in shopping (infact, she dreaded when she had to go with her Grandmere). And for another, they had to bring in Raven. Raven's character does not exist in any of the books. I hate movies being different from the book, but movies creating new characters just makes me even madder. And another- Raven's character and Grandmere are shown singing a song together. In the book Grandmere would NEVER, EVER sing a song. With anyone. Ever. Grandmere in the book is: a mean, snobbish person- she is never nice to Amelia. Ever. Or to anyone else, for that matter. Not even her son. So it's obvious she would never sing a song with anyone. For another, in the book, Micheal Moscovits (Lilly's brother) becomes Mia's boyfriend. No one else. She never has her eye on another boy, as she does in the movie. And for another, Rommel (Grandmere's poodle) does not have any hair, whereas he's a giant puffball in the movie. And for one more, there's a huge slide in the movie that Mia's Grandmere goes down. Let's say it simply: Grandmere. Would. Not. Do. That. And these are only a few of the movie's flaws!

You have a right to be mad,but in my mind,this is a child friendly version of what the book COULD have been. The book was totally too mature and icky for me. I didnt care much for the cursing and talk of personal parts. No offence,though.

I cant think of a movie that dissapoints me,because I always look into them a lot before I view them. I know what I like,and they come along rarely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:06 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Setekh wrote:
Igg wrote:
Setekh wrote:
Koku wrote:
Setekh wrote:

because its actually very accurate, just not to the piffy medieval romance rot.
Quote:

i wouldnt, its about as accurate as braveheart and patriot is the history channel.

Now honestly, that's too far, really. Everyone has their own opinion, and that's theirs. Yeah, so what, it isn't yours, but who cares? Everyone is entitled, and you shouldn't go around countering their ideas, opinions, or facts.

I know that the history channel is accurate. That's why it's there. To teach. And it is accurate.

Robin - it stood well on its own, but compared to the book it was nothing, and Gary Oldman was... too old. XD

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:21 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

and im not even going to go there.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next