Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Anybody a Monk Fan?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:08 pm 

Has anyone seen the show 'Monk' on the USA network? It's HILARIOUS!!! I liked it so much I bought the First Season DVD. It's about an ex-detective who works as a private investigator for the police. He is brilliant, but he has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, is a germophobe, and is still recovering from the 7-year old unsolved murder of his wife, Trudy.
I relate to the show since I have OCD, and I love Tony Shalhoub. I think he's a great actor. He was funny on Wings as the cab driver. Whoever has not seen this show, I highly reccomend it.

ImageBishonen_MistressImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

You're speaking to another owner of the first season, except my copy may not be as legal as yours. Tony has been great in everything that I've seen him in (which is only Monk and a few episodes of Wings)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Heh. I love monk! I've watched it every saturday when it's new since the first episode. I love mystery stories and this show has some great characters. I've been a fan of Tony Shaloub since Wings. I was so happy when he won the emmy. This show is very funny and it's also very fun to try to play detective. I would definently reccomend it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:52 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

My brother watches Monk a lot.

Lets try & save the wildlife!!!

I love my Sophie!!!

I want to study Wolves & Sharks & go to Alaska!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think Monk is one of the best shows that has come out in the last few years. I love cop shows. Law and Order, etc, but Monk is so much more than that.
I still can't get over the "jail goo" scene from the monkey episode. Oh and the incident in the therapist's waiting room. <3 Gah, I love Monk. ;D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Monk is great. I love the random things that are just thrown in. Like while interviewing a woman about a case, he couldn't stop himself from rearranging the figurines on her coffee table.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I LOVE Monk!
See, in the holidays/when I'm ill I often just end up watching all these American shows that are usually on when I'm at school, and the main 3 are: Quincy, Diagnosis Murder and Monk.
Monk is by far the best... I loved the one when they were in a hotel and they got the goggles that showed up bodily fluid :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Igg wrote:
Monk is by far the best... I loved the one when they were in a hotel and they got the goggles that showed up bodily fluid :P

And he dragged all of the maids up to the room to clean it? ;D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:09 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
I found it pretty good when it was on but it finished quickly and didn't fit particulaly well into my daily timetable so I only saw half a dozen episodes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

robot wrote:
Igg wrote:

And he dragged all of the maids up to the room to clean it? ;D

yesh! And then throughout the episode you kept seeing them in the room with all these maids in the background cleaning frantically!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Christopher wrote:
I found it pretty good when it was on but it finished quickly and didn't fit particulaly well into my daily timetable so I only saw half a dozen episodes.

Finished quickly? Hm, it seems as if the television station that reaired the shows where you are stopped abruptly, because the show is still on in America.

Igg : If you haven't seen the monkey episode yet {it's from the new season} then you'll love it. It's hilarious. It revolves around messes at one point. Absolute break down on Monk's part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

HEAVY SIGH

They haven't shown it for quite some time. Me and Kirsty often get nostalgic about the good old days of Monk and Heartbreak High

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Aw, well, I hope they start airing it again. The new season has been hilarious so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Eeee, I love Monk! My family doesn't have cable, but I watch the show everytime I go somewhere that does... I'm obsessed. :P

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:50 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
robot wrote:
Christopher wrote:

Finished quickly? Hm, it seems as if the television station that reaired the shows where you are stopped abruptly, because the show is still on in America.

Igg : If you haven't seen the monkey episode yet {it's from the new season} then you'll love it. It's hilarious. It revolves around messes at one point. Absolute break down on Monk's part.

Its sorta one of those shows that are sometimes on and soemtimes not, I don't think its popular enough here. I expect it'll be back :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next