Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:12 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

MY ANSWERS to ZEE QUESTIONS

1) It's really very confusing the earlier days of the gameplay. Hmmm... probably you could split people up into 2 groups if the amount of players were 40 something. When each side almost hits half of the players, combine the 2 groups again. Not sure whether it's tedious for ya? :lol:

2) Hmmm... seems equal number on both sides.

3) Nope don't throw away this idea. At least we got something to do in the dead forum. :P Remember about my idea of AUTO: SOUL STEAL? If some people(the dead) is away for few days, they can still have a say not keep on wiping out.
It will auto-steal with along with the majority, with the 1st person(the dead) who starts to soul steal his first victim on each new day. :P
Note: Provided only he/she writes AUTO: SOUL STEAL else you don't count their votes.

4) Jelly Blob? What does it do? :o

5) Hmm... abit too draggy if there's over 40 something people.

6) If I have the inspirations. :P

Look for signups in the coming week - Leave a space for me! <3

^KoSmOs^ aka NatureGloria aka KoLACAT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:57 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Quote:
ZEE QUESTIONS

1) What did you feel about a game of this size? Do you think there was too many people?

2) How were the roles this game. Was there a fair balance of bad ones and good ones?

3) What did you think about the whole SoulStealing idea? Is it good? Should it be ditched?

4) What about the Jelly Blob? Good? Get rid of?

5) Length of the game... any comment on that?

6) If you have any role suggestions... please PM them to me.

7) If you have any general comments... post 'em here!

1. 35 to 40 players seems like the best number for me :P And No, I did not have a problem with it.

2. A baddie and an innocent in the end seems very well balanced to me.

3. It's ok.. It's a pain when too many people are dead and we're trying to get a majority.

4. From what I've read from your summary, I'd say keep it. But a lot of us didn't even get it so maybe you should limit it to one use for each player next game and then make it disappear after the all the alive people have gotten it.

5. I'm ok with it.

7. Don't ever do poem or haiku secret powers/role requirements. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

1) What did you feel about a game of this size? Do you think there was too many people?

I was happy with it, thoguh I can understand why certain other people weren't. A good idea would be to do an NPM-esque split of the games, as others have suggested, or run two games overlaying. Start a ~30 player game, then halfway thrrough start another game for the dead/non-participating, kinda like WWs 16 & 17 over at IDB.

2) How were the roles this game. Was there a fair balance of bad ones and good ones?

One of the problems I saw was that the 2 one-player baddie teams had little protection. Sure, they had a 50% shield charm, but after 3 days, it's practically worthless.

3) What did you think about the whole SoulStealing idea? Is it good? Should it be ditched?

Make it so that it sets earlier so we can use it, and remember to post when we are allowed to, so we don't end up leaving it till the last day.

Had neither the Frozen Spirit myself, nor the Jelly Blob. A lot of players seem to not know what it is, so I'd make it rotate faster. Also, I prefer the dead-majority voting, for the reason that certain players aren't online when decisions need to be made.

Far too long. Partly because of inactivity, and partly because of number of players.

I'll try to think of some

It was a nice game, but there was a succint lack of dreamers. Two dreamers in a game with over 40 people is not enough. Sure, we can cope with 2 mystics, but we need more original dreming roles. Also, you didn't but enough baddies in there. We had 10 people out of 43, and so we fell underneath the estiamte. If I were you, I'd have thrown in another couple of non-teamed baddies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:40 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Yes. I think suspicions fly faster if games are smaller-for the first few days, there were so many people who looked guilty (I mean, everyone does) that I just kept bandwagoning. I also feel that two small games that channel into one game at the end is a good idea.

I actually thought some roles were a tad complex, particularly with the protection shield percentage factor thingamabobbers and the roles that need activation or repeated posting of a word were rather entertaining. However, I think more baddies and dreamers would make the game more fun.

I'm pretty neutral on this, but I like gundam_kola's idea of an autosoulsteal for people like me who tend to forget to repost votes.

It confuzzled me!

Twas longer than I expected-I thought it'd end before winter break, but it lasted many days into it.

*thinks.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:48 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Yes. Sure, big games are fun, but too many people make it confusing.

Hm...considering the innocents have been winning all the past games, you should know the answer to this one.

Um, ditch it. Too confusing.

Jelly Blob?? What's the Jelly Blob?? xP

Too long - but that was because there were too many people.

Nah, I'll leave that to the creative people.

You could make sure evil wins next time :>

Look for signups in the coming week.

Yay!

Set -- Silja

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It was too large. As I stated in the last batch of questions at the end of WW4, we need two seperate small games. And there was too many people.

They were a fairly balance.

I think it should be ditched. Most people who die are usually voting for someone out of spite.

It was easily taken advantage of as Xil said.

Too long. It dragged on and on at the end.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:59 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Seemed like too many people maybe around 30-ish sounds good

The roles were interesting, good balance of each.

It was a good idea,keep it.

I never really got what the blob did....-.-

Seemed a little long at the end of the game. But it was okay overall.

Image Set-poala

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:44 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

1) I thought it was definatly too big. In the first week or so people kept posting so much it was hard to keep up.

2) I thought there could have been a few more baddies, but apart from that it was great.

3) I thought it was an excellent idea.

4) I think the only problem with this is that some people (like me, I got the blob twice but I wasn't online to make the decision) aren't online at the time to make a decision.

5) Long enough for me :)

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:18 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Yep. I was on he side of "the bigger the better", but I was wrong.

Umm.. I think too few baddies.. I think a 1 in 3/ 1 in 4 is a good ratio for baddies.

It's good in theory, bvut extremely hard to actually use. So I say ditch.

The what?

Too long.. Mostly because of size and Christmas.

Heh.. I might think of a couple simple ones.. But nothing that's any good. :P

Image Image

Lurv Teh Leetlemen. Dawn2 made the cell. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Alright... So this is what i believe to be is the general concensus:

1) Game was too big (As I had expected)
2) There were in fact 12 baddies to start with. That was the 25% I had. Plus 3 conversion (2 of which were successful). Unfortuately, two of those evil roles never got to be played (dropped). So that's why you may think it was "too few baddies"
3) Soul Stealing sounds like a straddled issue, but I think I'll keep it for another round. You guys should pay attention to it anyway too though :P
4) Jelly Blob:
Quote:
*Poisoned Jelly Blobbed*

You have been blobbified inside a blob of Poisoned Jelly. Unfortunately, this means you are stuck in this jelly for the duration of the day/night cycle. You are unable to use any Role Abilities or Special Powers. All you can do is act like a normal townsperson: vote.

However, with this role, comes with an additional task. There is a townsperson out there who has been labeled as the Jelly Chosen One (JCO). However, that person does not know he/she is the Jelly Chosen one. You are allowed one guess on who you think the JCO is, and you may guess this at any time.

If you are on the side of good and guess correctly, the JCO will gain the ability to stop the killings of Wolves, Mafia, or “Other baddies” twice.

If you are on the side of bad and guess correctly, not only will you gain the above powers, but you will also have converted that person to your team.

In addition, if there is NO MAJORITY FOR EXECUTION, you will get the final say on who gets executed. You must choose someone who has at least one vote (except if its from your own) OR a no execution.

Before the end of night, you must send me a list of 5 names on it. Whoever is still alive by the end of night AND is not the person who gave this to you in the first place, will receive this *Poisoned Jelly Blobbed* notice.

If you fail to send me a list, or die during daytime, this role will be randomly distributed.

Once there are 5 players remaining in this game, this Blobbing will disappear.

This is not a status effect.

Guess I forgot to post that.

5) Length was long. I know that. Boo.

* I think based on high input, we will have two split games. Whether or not they'll combine, I'll think about that later.

* Setting will be HAUNTED WOODS!

* We will leave Neopia after this game... hopefully spark some other creative ideas.

* The rules for Game 6 are being written as we speak.

* Happy New Year (Eve) Everyone :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:00 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: In my room listening to Hardcore Metal Christian music.
Goosefraba!

We should've gone to Middle-Earth. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:50 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Not filling out the questions for hopefully obvious reasons. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:21 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Geez. I was the JCO, and no one picked me? I feel so left out. -sniff- XD I hate it when you have an important role you don't know about. -grumble-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:29 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: In my room listening to Hardcore Metal Christian music.
I liked how big it was. :P I just don't like the tablet, because it was hard for me to read it and understand who the baddies were and such. :P I would like something like:
Living Player's Name
Dead Player's Name - Role - How Killed
Dead Player's Name - Baddie Role - How Killed

More good roles. ;)

I like it, although I think it's kind of bad because players might not vote and we couldn't reach a majority.

I hate anything that makes something more complicated than it should be. Get rid of it. 8)

Just the right size.

7) You should've made it in Middle-Earth!!! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:19 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

ZEE QUESTIONS

It was confusing in the beginning, but the number of people alive quickly diminished. I think it might be better if the game started with fewer people, but not by too much. Maybe only 35?

I think so. The fact that there are more innocents though seems to automatically tilt the game towards them, so maybe a few more baddies would be a good idea, but just a few. :P

I liked it. Without it, innocents would have lost. It gives the innocents one last chance to do some damage. And the fact that it needs such a high majority gives the baddies a slight advantage since not all the deadies keep up with the game.

Eh, I read the role, and it seemed pretty confusing. But the rotating thing is nice. It gives different people the opportunity.

The length was okay, but since it ran through Christmas, it didn't turn out so well.

~ By Optimus ~

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next