Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:44 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Teen movies with a plot so basic its pointless. Just Married springs to mind.

I saw the remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and parts of it were an insult to human intelligence, as in Jeepers Creepers. Who would really walk around a deserted, spooky house on their own? Even if you were looking for someone you would probably take at least one other person with you.

Van Helsing. I know its meant to be an action movie but when they just leave half the plot hanging its a bit much.

Image Image
Amazing set by Shadowfare, go get one ;) / Check out the cool iPod, thanks to Amethyst

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:14 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

50 First dates: The way he was hitting on her in the beginning....urgh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:00 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

TiggersHB wrote:
Exorcist: oddly enough, this one put me to sleep too.

I laughed the entire time I watched the Exorcist. Don't ask, 'cause I really don't know.

Exorcist II is worse. I fell asleep during the first 15 minutes. Bleh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Sugarinii wrote:

I laughed the entire time I watched the Exorcist. Don't ask, 'cause I really don't know.

I did too. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:06 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
(*Dranzer*) wrote:
50 First dates: The way he was hitting on her in the beginning....urgh.

You dont think pancake construction is a suitible way of dating then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:58 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Raze wrote:
Teen movies with a plot so basic its pointless. Just Married springs to mind.

I saw the remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and parts of it were an insult to human intelligence, as in Jeepers Creepers. Who would really walk around a deserted, spooky house on their own? Even if you were looking for someone you would probably take at least one other person with you.

Van Helsing. I know its meant to be an action movie but when they just leave half the plot hanging its a bit much.

Oii! Texas Chainsaw Massacre rocked, ok? Anyway, you know how I love my slasher flicks ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:40 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Lets see... Scary Movie 3 was... Ok I guess. I was quite dissapointed in the ring although I did enjoy some parts of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:17 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

bluehawaii19 wrote:
One movie that I recently viewed that I found a bit disappointing was "Lord of the Flies" (the 1990s version). It was really quite different than the novel is because the boys are supposed to be British (which they weren't in the movie), Simon was supposed to be African-American (yet he wasn't), and the pilot dies at the beginning (which he doesn't). There were other parts that differed quite a bit from the novel. It wasn't a terrible movie or anything; it just didn't follow the novel too well.

I also disliked the ending of "Cold Mountain" because of the fact that the journey was pointless. I liked the movie, just the ending sort of sucked.

Sorry, simon was supposed to be african-american?

Simon was part of "jack's" choir, and in 1940's britain, do you really think that there'd be a black person in a white, middle class choir?

If you can show me any proof that he was supposed to be african, please do, but in the 7 months i spent studying it, it was never mentioned that he was black.

I'm also sure that if such a character was there, the phrase "which is better - to be a pack of painted RACISM THAT ISNT CENSORED ON PPT - IS PPT RACIST? like you are, or to be sensible like ralph is?" wouldnt have come from sensitive piggy.

Last edited by Paulisacretin on Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:43 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I've been actively avoiding most movies that I know will disappoint me (Daredevil, Punisher, etc) but I went to see X2 with hope. I came out with none. They completely butchered Lady Deathstrike, one of my favorite characters. I'll still probably give X3 a chance out of my love of Phoenix, but I'll wait till I hear my brother's opinion first.

Shukrun habeebti :) these are gorgeous Star.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The second of the Matrix movies. I thought it would be really good, but it was just so... dull.

The third one was better than the second, but not as good as the first.

Captain Insano wrote: I'd like to change my name to Bno2 please, as he is my hero.
Shoyru_Lover wrote: i want to change my gender

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:00 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Bno wrote:
The second of the Matrix movies. I thought it would be really good, but it was just so... dull.

The third one was better than the second, but not as good as the first.

The matrix (despite the fact 2 and 3 made profits) shoulda just been ended with the first, when I watch the first I still think 'wow! cool!' but dont get that effect with the sequels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

NEVER see Daredevil.
I only saw it once and that was 1 too many times. It blew really big monkey chunks.

Also a movie I just watched...
Ned Kelly (the one with Ledger and Bloom).... just bleh.... boring... very very boring and very very frustrating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Skullsplitter wrote:
bluehawaii19 wrote:
One movie that I recently viewed that I found a bit disappointing was "Lord of the Flies" (the 1990s version). It was really quite different than the novel is because the boys are supposed to be British (which they weren't in the movie), Simon was supposed to be African-American (yet he wasn't), and the pilot dies at the beginning (which he doesn't). There were other parts that differed quite a bit from the novel. It wasn't a terrible movie or anything; it just didn't follow the novel too well.

I also disliked the ending of "Cold Mountain" because of the fact that the journey was pointless. I liked the movie, just the ending sort of sucked.

Sorry, Simon was supposed to be african-american?

Simon was part of "jack's" choir, and in 1940's britain, do you really think that there'd be a black person in a white, middle class choir?

If you can show me any proof that he was supposed to be african, please do, but in the 7 months i spent studying it, it was never mentioned that he was black.

I'm also sure that if such a character was there, the phrase "which is better - to be a pack of painted RACISM THAT ISNT CENSORED ON PPT - IS PPT RACIST? like you are, or to be sensible like ralph is?" wouldnt have come from sensitive piggy.

I think Tropic might have simon confused with another character (he was white in both versions of the movie). I'm not sure, but maybe Roger was supposed to be black. My english teacher brought up the fact that one of them is black. In the new version of the movie, there is a black young boy. Xil would know if there was a black character or not, he was in my class at the time.

Skullsplitter wrote:

In the newer version of the books, they have replaced that word. However, half of my class had books with the racist term in it.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:32 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Honestly, I really dont think that the lord of the flies contains anything other than middle class white schoolboys. This is just how literature was in the 1950's. Enid Blyton wrote the famous 5 novels, which were about middle class white schoolboys (and girls). This is just how the world was back then.

Golding wanted to use the island as a microcosm, a small scale representation of human society, and demonstrate human nature in it. By adding an "ethnic" character, he would have introduced racism and that would detract from the message that he was attempting to get across.

The movies may well have had black children in them, but I personally believe that was just being PC - The new extreme ghostbusters has a white, hispanic and black team with a disabled person thrown in for no apparant reason, so that it cant be called racist.

If someone can contact golding's widow or find anything he wrote that indicates simon or roger are black (and quoting the book saying that they both had black hair does not count) then I'd like that a lot.

Last edited by Paulisacretin on Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I err, don't remember Simon being black, but it's been a while.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next