Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Frank describes having witnessed a very Tom sounding boy on the Riddle property when Tom's grandparents and father were murdered. The description is at the beginning of GoF, the murder however, probably took place when Tom was fresh out of Hogwarts, as Alex said.

Also, Voldemort admits to Harry that he murdered his father, toward the end, in the graveyard:

Quote:
"You stand, Harry Potter, upon the remains of my late father," he hissed softly. "A Muggle and a fool. . . very like your dear mother. But they both had their uses, did they not? Your mother died to defend you as a child . . . and I killed my father, and see how useful he has proved himself, in death. ..."

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:14 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Amethyst wrote:
Naniwai wrote:
Amethyst wrote:
twitchy wrote:
1.Someone could perform an illegal spell to bring him back...

JKR wrote:
Dumbledore (GoF): No spell can reawaken the dead.

Remember the "properly dead" comment? Nobody can be brought back to life once they are "properly dead", but in Sirius' case at least, falling through a curtian may not count as such.

Lupin said he's dead...and Dumbledore referred to the room where the curtain was as the 'Death Room'. And if someone's dead, they're dead, aren't they? What comment are you referring to, anyway? Out of curiosity :P

Lupin's smart, but he's human. Characters are not always right. And Sirius may be dead, but not "properly" dead. And as for the comment, I did not read the interview myself, but a friend of mine who is an absolute Harry Potter freak and extremely trustworthy quoted it to me in a similar discussion. JKR said that characters could not come back to life once they were "properly" dead, such as being killed by a spell, but made no mention of magical curtians.

Anyway, don't bite my head off, because I'm not saying Sirius is definitely coming back. I'm merely pointing out that it's not out of the question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:43 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Naniwai wrote:
Amethyst wrote:
Naniwai wrote:
Amethyst wrote:
twitchy wrote:

JKR wrote:

Remember the "properly dead" comment? Nobody can be brought back to life once they are "properly dead", but in Sirius' case at least, falling through a curtian may not count as such.

Lupin said he's dead...and Dumbledore referred to the room where the curtain was as the 'Death Room'. And if someone's dead, they're dead, aren't they? What comment are you referring to, anyway? Out of curiosity :P

Lupin's smart, but he's human. Characters are not always right. And Sirius may be dead, but not "properly" dead. And as for the comment, I did not read the interview myself, but a friend of mine who is an absolute Harry Potter freak and extremely trustworthy quoted it to me in a similar discussion. JKR said that characters could not come back to life once they were "properly" dead, such as being killed by a spell, but made no mention of magical curtians.

Anyway, don't bite my head off, because I'm not saying Sirius is definitely coming back. I'm merely pointing out that it's not out of the question.

You know, I can imagine JK Rowling sitting at home reading through this laughing and cackling. 'Foolish People! You'll never work out the master plan! Bwahaahahaaaaaa*cough*'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:26 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Christopher wrote:
Naniwai wrote:
Amethyst wrote:
Naniwai wrote:
Amethyst wrote:
twitchy wrote:

JKR wrote:

You know, I can imagine JK Rowling sitting at home reading through this laughing and cackling. 'Foolish People! You'll never work out the master plan! Bwahaahahaaaaaa*cough*'

Actually, she said in an interview that she's not about to hurry on book 6 because it would kill the arguments, which she enjoys :evil:

BAAAAAAAAD JKR!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:08 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Why couldn't Harry use a timeturner to bring him back?
On a similar note, why didn't they use one in book 4?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:25 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Jen wrote:
Why couldn't Harry use a timeturner to bring him back?
On a similar note, why didn't they use one in book 4?

If you noticed in book 3, when the Trio was going to Hagrid's for Buckbeak's execution, they saw clues that future Harry and Hermione were there. Then it was all explained when Harry and Hermione used the time turned later in the book.

If a time turner had been used, Sirius wouldn't have died at all. It's really complicated; I believe Mugglenet has a good article about the time travel thing...*goes to look*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The Timeturner can't be used to get everyone out of all messes. Firstly, there's probably some limit of time, like you can't go more than six hours into the past. They're also probably strictly regulated by the Ministry Of Magic (Of course they are, remember how Hermione had to go through all that permission to use it for classes?). Hermione and Harry using it to rescue Sirius/Buckbeak had to have been illegal. There's got to be some law somewhere that you can't use it to save lives. If you could, then you have to bring up many more questions.
Why not have used it to save Cedric/prevent Voldemort from coming back in book 4?
Going further back...
Why not have used it to prevent Wormtail from framing Sirius?
Why not have used it to prevent Voldemort from killing Harry's parents to begin with?
Why not have used it to prevent Moaning Myrtle from being killed?
Even back then Tom could have been caught in what he was doing, had someone used a timeturner.
The idea of timetravel at your fingertips is flawed, because it could be used too much.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Christopher wrote:

Heey... *Random thought pops into her head* You aren't JK Rowling, aren't you? That's probably exactly what she's doing....

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:44 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Naniwai wrote:
Amethyst wrote:
Naniwai wrote:
Amethyst wrote:
twitchy wrote:

JKR wrote:

actly he is a werewolf. ;)

I think sirius is comeing back too. I think their is going to be an illegal spell involved..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'd like to argue that werewolves are still human.
I think thats the whole big issue with the "Werewolves are evil" thing in the book. Lupin seems to continually get jostled around with jobs and such because he's a "werewolf" but he's only a werewolf at certain times of the month, such as when theres a full moon. And with that potion thing... well... it makes him docile as long as he takes it.
I think he wants the point to be known that he IS infact still a human.
*Shrugs*
Mrph.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

ahoteinrun wrote:
I'd like to argue that werewolves are still human.
I think thats the whole big issue with the "Werewolves are evil" thing in the book. Lupin seems to continually get jostled around with jobs and such because he's a "werewolf" but he's only a werewolf at certain times of the month, such as when theres a full moon. And with that potion thing... well... it makes him docile as long as he takes it.
I think he wants the point to be known that he IS infact still a human.
*Shrugs*
Mrph.

werewolves ren't human, they are part hman. And werewolves are only ever "evil"(if you can call it that) when they are the wolf part of them, even then it is not "evil".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
werewolves ren't human, they are part hman. And werewolves are only ever "evil"(if you can call it that) when they are the wolf part of them, even then it is not "evil".

Well you just contradicted yourself.
Considering you said "He's werewolf"
and now you're calling him a part human after i'm calling him a human.

The reason I said "Werewolves are evil" in quotes, is because I wans't being serious about them being evil. I know that as a whole they aren't evil, and that it's not they're fault they are during certain times of the moon cycle.

Mrph.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:54 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

'Scuse me. Lupin's smart, but he's half-human, half-werewolf. :-p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:31 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

He's a human, but at a certain time of the month he becomes a werewolf.

That's how I've always seen it... o_O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
I think Lupin's both. He's not half-human and half-werewolf, as that would mean he wasn't bitten, and instead became a werewolf through one of his parents.

He is a human. He is also a werewolf during one or two nights of the month.

He was born a human, he became a werewolf through a bite.

Werewolves are humans that are different from other people because they change into another creature on one (or two) nights during a month. Sort of like an animagus. They, however, can change at will, whereas werewolves are forced to.

That's my opinion on the subject, anyhow. :/

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next