Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Timeline the movie >>;
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:36 pm 

Not to be confused with the very stupid movie, Time Machine, Timeline the movie was based on the book by Michael Crichton.

I've read the book many times, but I wasn't sure if i should see the movie. Like, how it might destroy my whole idea of the book or what? Because that's what happened with Harry Potter, and I regret seeing the movies now --;
My dad bought Timeline on DVD for me, and I won't watch/not watch (xD) until i get someone's opinion (:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I can't give you a first-hand review, as I didn't see it (although the book was good). It got bad reviews in the papers near me, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:19 am 
PPT God
PPT God

VERY cheesy movie.. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Never read the book, but I'm sure it's a WHOLE lot better than what the movie is.
Annoying characters.. annoying actors... just.. annoying annoying annoying movie that was predictable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:53 am 

e__e
I went and watched it out of curiosity. And to be straight to the point, it was terrible. It didn't do the book justice at all.
There characters WERE cheesy. Here were some things that stood out to me as I watched it:
1. I remember in the book, the secret tunnel to La Roque opened up behind a fire place, not in the middle of a street, in a wide open hole. And in the tunnel, instead of a crawling space, i remember there was like a river type thing.
2. In the movie, they only had 6 HOURS. How can you be expected to do all that in less than 6 hours? Unrealistic. In the book, it was 37 hours I think.
3. The Chris guy was a completely cheesy wannabe hero type guy. It was sad, and he always stated the obvious. In the book I pictured him ALOT differently.

Overall, this movie was blah. I wouldn't recommend seeing it. I found it kind of an insult to the book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:29 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Lets just say the book was much better even though I feel the movie went by the book well. It goes way too fast in the beginning, so if you didn't read the book...I don't think you would know what's going on. Other then that its an okay film to watch.

Lets try & save the wildlife!!!

I love my Sophie!!!

I want to study Wolves & Sharks & go to Alaska!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

We watched the movie in school last year...in other words, we sat and played games on our phones and texted each other.

Never read the book, but the movie was terrible.

Ali is love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:02 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

compared to some of the piffle that comes out of hollywood it aint bad.
just go watch some english horror instead, itll make you feel better (28 days later, dog soliders etc etc)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:34 am 

rofl xD
I probably should have waited a bit and read your opinions on it x3
I'm going to read the book over, just to see the differences, and get the movies horrible pictures out of my mind.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]