Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Being John Malkovich (slight spoilage)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:47 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Has anyone else seen this movie?

It's really really odd.

A starving artist (he's a puppeteer) type fellow (John Cusack) is urged by his wife (Cameron Diaz) to get a more stable job. So he ends up getting a job with a rather strange company, located in a 5 foot crawlspace. But at least it pays, and he gets to work with a beautiful woman (who he falls in love with).
Well, while working there, he discovers a tiny door in the wall. He opens it and discovers a tunnel. When he crawls inside, he discovers that the tunnel is a portal. A portal that takes him into the mind of the actor John Malkovich. He can see through Malkovich's eyes, and hear through his ears, but he can't control Malkovich.
He's able to stay inside for fifteen minutes, before being dumped out on the New Jersey turnpike. He and his coworker start "J.M. Inc." and charge people $200 for a turn at being John Malkovich.

I won't spoil the whole plot here. But very crazy things end up happening.

The thing that makes this movie so unique, is that John Malkovich isn't even that huge of an actor, it could have been Tom Cruise or someone, but it's John Malkovich. They actually poke a bit of fun at him in the movie, the characters know he's an actor, but they can't think of anything he's been in.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:27 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I saw that movie a long time ago and indeed... it' very odd.

The office he works in is like on a half floor or something like that isn't it? That's why the ceilings are so low......

I thought the puppets in the movie were really neat... creepy and scary.. but neat :P lol

And without giving anything away.... the ending sorta creeped me out as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:57 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yea, the office is between two floors of the building (I think the fourth and fifth) to get to it, you have to stop the elevator between those two floors, and pry the door open with a crowbar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:01 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I loved that movie. I love odd little movies like that. I also enjoyed director Charlie Kaufman's "Adaptation" with Nicholas Cage and Meryl Streep ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:20 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Chanel wrote:
I loved that movie. I love odd little movies like that. I also enjoyed director Charlie Kaufman's "Adaptation" with Nicholas Cage and Meryl Streep ^^

Bleh... I did not like Adaptation.

1. didn't wanna see a woman giving birth at the beginning of the movie..
2. REALLY didn't want to see the sexual parts of the movie... *shudders* I'll never look at Meryl the same again... bleh

But one good thing about the movie.. Nicholas Cage was good in it... he plays pathetic really well :P heh

Oh yeah.. and if you like odd movies... try to get your hands on a japanese movie called
Uzumaki
just watched it recently.. and that is a very weird, bizarre movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:22 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: the petpet puddle, searching for pet matches. my gorgeous set is by _jaye_.
Shollia wrote:

2. REALLY didn't want to see the sexual parts of the movie... *shudders* I'll never look at Meryl the same again... bleh

why in the world would you go to see an R-rated movie if sexual scenes make you uncomfortable? there's a reason for those ratings, you know.

i saw being john malkovich with a person who did not realize that cameron diaz was cameron diaz for the whole movie. we were watching the credits and he goes "cameron diaz was in this movie? where?"

:roll:

i mean, she looks different, but not THAT different. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:35 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It was easy to recognize Cameron. It was harder to recognize John. He was so... scrungy. (Is that even a word?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:40 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I love that movie! I think the bit where John goes into his own mind and EVERYOnNE is him is weird.

ImageImage
Set - Sunnie
Blinkie - Chass
Left.
ALL HAIL XENU!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:44 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Oh I love Being John Malkovich, it's one of my favourite films, it's just so odd. ^_^ John Cusack is great in it, and like Chass said, he is slightly unrecognisable in it, at first glance it doesn't look like him.

Chanel wrote:

Yeah...I've seen that, it's weird, but good. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:24 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

skizzy the wonder lizard wrote:
Shollia wrote:

why in the world would you go to see an R-rated movie if sexual scenes make you uncomfortable? there's a reason for those ratings, you know.

Don't get snippy with me.
I could really care less about sex/sexual things in movies.. but in THAT movie I didn't particularly care for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:58 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Shollia wrote:
Shollia wrote:

I could really care less about sex/sexual things in movies.. but in THAT movie I didn't particularly care for it.

I found it rather unnecessary in that film, but never mind. *shrug*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I remember watching this movie. I thought it was fun!

I bet that floor would give you a bad back! lol

Captain Insano wrote: I'd like to change my name to Bno2 please, as he is my hero.
Shoyru_Lover wrote: i want to change my gender

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

HBB's 2nd Favorite Movie Seal of Approval.

They show it on Comedy Central every so often, so if you haven't seen it, you definately should, unless puppets kissing makes you nervous and fidgety.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:11 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: the petpet puddle, searching for pet matches. my gorgeous set is by _jaye_.
Shollia wrote:
Shollia wrote:

i wasn't being snippy, but you certainly are in your reply.

Sapphire Faerie wrote:
They actually poke a bit of fun at him in the movie, the characters know he's an actor, but they can't think of anything he's been in.

i never noticed john malkovich in anything until i saw that movie, then i saw him everywhere! he is, surprisingly, a really good actor. his eyes kind of freak me out, though. they're kind of crossed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:08 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Awesome movie, I loved it. ^_^ Reminds me of The Truman Show. :)

Faith is often the boast of the man who is too lazy to investigate. ~ F.M. Knowles

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next