Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 5:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Evangelion or Gundam...?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:47 pm 

Location: In the happy place of your mind!!! Mwuahahaha! -cough-
If you were forced to watch the entire series of either Eva or Gundam in one sitting,which would you choose and why...?

I'd never want to watch anything in one sitting, or even 2 episodes in a sitting for that matter, (I have the attention span of a gnat) but if I had to choose I'd definitly pick Eva...mostly because it's just a bit more intresting and has a deeper plot. Also -random thought- who is your favorite character in which ever you like, or do you hate both shows, or like both so then post both?

Ok I'm done with my little survay thingy.
:) :hug:

"I wanted to at least remember your gentle words,remember the 1,000 nights that dissapeared in a single night..."

-From the song Senya Ichiya

Post subject: Re: Evangelion or Gundam...?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:35 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Twilight_Aura wrote:
I'd never want to watch anything in one sitting, or even 2 episodes in a sitting for that matter:

So you've never done a 26 episode series marathon :O ?

Gundam Seed for me is better than Evangelion, evangelion is cool, cerbral, and insane, but I still like Gundam Seed better. Gundam Seed also has a second season which is already amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:53 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Which Gundam? There are so many, you could be sitting there for quite some time. ;)

I think I'd pick Gundam, as I have sat there and watched many Gundam in a row. There are so many different Gundam seasons, you'd have quite a variety to pick from. ;)

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:32 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Gundam hands down. the grreat debate would be which Gundam to watch. For me, it'd be a split tie with Wing and Seed. Lets see what they have to offer:

Wing: Four hot guys and one who wears pink...who happens to be a test tube baby...
Seed: I guess Athrun qualifies as hot, but not to me...One hot guy, and a very feminine one who has a very masculine voice!
Winner: Wing- come on! it has Duo gosh darn it!

Wing: Five awesome Gundams, and lots of flashing exploding action!
Seed: Previously Five awesome Gundams, and lots of flashing corrupting space exploding action!
Winner: I pick Seed, Space explosions are better than ones on Earth, their more flashy...

Wing: Five guys with cracked up pasts, and...one girl that shows up more than the other females...
Seed: Two guys that also have cracked pasts, and THREE girls that show up almost ALL the time! One even Dies!!!
Winner: Seed, I love it when a particular girl dies...she had it coming...

Wing: Nothing to really shoot at with a nerf or marshmallow gun...
Seed: One freak green birdie(a.k.a. Birdy) and...*lets see, one...two... three... * I think seven annoying ball thingies, that NEED to be shot with a nerf gun, then vaporized in the microwave...
Winner: Seed...I love shooting the Harus...

Okay, the only thing that has me hooked on phonics, I mean Wing is Duo, and maybe Heero's amazing survival skills...
Seed is the WINNER!!!!
Does Evan have anything of the above?maybe, I wouldn't know, ive never seen Evan, but i plan to, but i still think i'd prefer Seed, Kira has so many mental brekdowns its funny...

Fighting the darkness,
One flashlight at a time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:13 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

As much as I loved Eva, I don't think I could watch the whole series (and for me that includes the movie The End of Evangelion) in one sitting. It's just not a very relaxing marathon, y'know? ^^'

So I'd probably pick Gundam, but that brings up the question of which Gundam series? Unfortunately I haven't watched Gundam Seed yet (don't kill me Chris^^), so I'd pick Gundam 8th MS Team as my first choice for a marathon, and then Gundam Wing (including Endless Waltz. Just because Wing Zero Custom is soooo purdy :3)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:44 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Evangelion. Much better than Gundam.
But still... all in a sitting? Pretty long...

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:55 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Gundam. Because I love Gundam. Gundam Wing, Gundam Seed, G Gundam, 08th MS Team... I think there's another one I've seen too, but I can't recall the name.

If I had to pick one of them for a marathon, it'd have to be Gundam Wing, as well as Endless Waltz. I adore the characters, and it's the anime that actually got me interested in other anime. I've also been RPing GundamW for 3 years.

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Any of the Gundam series, hands down. Gundam Wing was really the series that got me into anime, and since then, most of the Gundam series I've seen have been among my favorite anime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:46 pm 

Eva, no contest. That might just have something to do with the fact that I was obsessed with Gundam at one point in time and have seen way too friggin' much of it.

Many thanks to Silja for the set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I would have to say Evangelion. I've watched that series straight through more then I have any other series. :)

I agree that you really can't watch the movie over and over. But it's still my favorite series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:25 pm 

I have to say Eva. I've seen the series at least 6 times...

And each time I watch it I learn or see something new in the anime. ^^

Visit my Deviantant Gallery at http://-sailornezumi-.deviantart.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:54 am 

Definitely Gundam...better music, better characters, and better action.

*jams out to White Reflection*

IDB Administrator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:43 am 

I don't think I could choose... I really enjoyed Gundum Seed from what I've seen so far (never saw Gundum Wing... please don't hurt me ><) and I've seen a few epis of Eva....

They're both such good anime's, but, Eva is really depressing and I don't think I could sit through the whole serise without going crazy or becoming seriously depressed afterwards, and then in Seed I don't think I could stand to sit there and watch all those cheerful girls bounce around with the rare occasion of Athrun/Kira in scenes together. I think it might start to bore me after several hours of the same thing.....

So I really can't choose... Er.. Can I pick both?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:57 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Hmm... tough choice here O.o

I do like both. However, I prefer happier endings. :D

Gundam has more happier endings than EVA. EVA seems to be talking about end of the world... :(

Gundam's story is easier to catch than EVA. 8)

Seriously until now i dunno wat's EVA? Robot? Monster? It gives me the creeps whenever i see the EVA. Msterious "thing"... The story is too complicated. :o

To be frank... Gundam Seed's story is much better than Gundam Wing's. Gundam Seed's story is possible to happen in the future in our real world... Cloning the best human being... :roll:

I believe every gundam series has moral behind it. :lol:

If u ask me whose models are nicer, it's definitely Gundam's one! :lol:
See my signature? Has my gundam model on it. :D

^KoSmOs^ aka NatureGloria aka KoLACAT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:54 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: New Jersey. The state we love to hate and hate to love.
Gundam Seed, definetley. Even my theater teacher is into it. :P
All in one sitting? Eh, just get me some popcorn, a can of Pepsi and a few friends and I can do it. Marathons are better with snacks and friends. :>

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next