Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 4:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Star Ocean
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:42 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: New Jersey. The state we love to hate and hate to love.
Does anyone here have Star Ocean 3: Till the End of Time? If so, is it worth buying for about $45? I have and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the second one. (Mmmm...Ashton Anchors) but what's the third one like? Does it still have customization of skills?

I'm hoping to get more info so I don't waste a good 45 bucks. O.o;;

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:43 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Overall I would say that it is worth the purchase if you liked the second one. As someone who loved Star Ocean 2 I also enjoyed Star Ocean 3. It was not as good as the second one though it was still entertaining.

It lacks many things that the second one had. Skill customization is pretty much gone and private actions have been minimized. No longer are there two main characters to choose from and there is much less variability in the party you create. The ending was also disappointing as you now only pair up the main character and someone; the minor characters are no longer paired.

Like the second one there are also very few CGIs. This is kind of disappointing in comparision to games like Final Fantasy nowadays. However, the normal graphics are excellent and on par with the recent FF games.

What it does have. Many different forms of item creation. An enjoyable battle system. Good character concepts backed up by decent voice acting. And most importantly, what I found to be a very intruguing story (though I imagine some would be very disappointed by it).

Also, at two DVD discs, you will be playing for quite some time which makes the $45 dollar purchase last quite awhile.

It's certainly a good game though I doubt I will play it as many times as I did 2. I'm glad that I have it, though, if you are not a huge RPG fan you may want to wait.

Shukrun habeebti :) these are gorgeous Star.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:08 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: New Jersey. The state we love to hate and hate to love.
Thanks a bunch. I'm kind of upset that there's less private actions, as those were some of my favorite parts. I looked into the stragety guide one time, and there's on character I really want to look into, just because he looks quite pretty. <3

Too bad you can't pair up secondary characters though. In the second one that was so fun! I would have one save of Ashton and Rena, Rena and Dias, Rena and Claude, Leon and Precis, Precis and Claude...that was some of the funniest things to do. Eh, I'll still get it though. Christmas is coming up. ;)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]