Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:11 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Wolven Spirits wrote:
2. Any by David Gemmell

YAY. You're the only person other then those I've told about that know about David Gemmell. You are now my favorite person.

Anyways:
1. Anything by David Gemmell
2. Jacques "Redwall" series
After that can't think of anything.

Post subject: Re: Top fantasy books?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:31 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Alisquid wrote:
I really can't belive so many people love Tortal that much... their good, but not the best. I mean, Alana and Daine were really bad Mary Sues, and while I like them, most certainly not the best..

Two words: Numair Salmalin. <3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:42 am 

Alisquid wrote:
Dark wrote:
3. A Song of Fire and Ice by George R.R. Martin

Someone who finaly shares my obbesion other than my mother!

Haha, my mom wouldn't even think about reading my fantasy books. She's more of a mystery and crime person herself. Unfortunately, that means I'm the only person in my house putting out money to increase my fantasy collection.

But A Song of Fire and Ice is really one of the best out there. I can't wait at all for the new one to come out.

Another GREAT series that I just finished is Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn by Tad Williams. I was recommended this book by some people on a book forum that I hang out at, and I wasn't dissapointed at all. This is easily on my honorable mentions list, if not the top 5.

Just another darkshadow...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:01 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Riddikulus wrote:
Alisquid wrote:
I really can't belive so many people love Tortal that much... their good, but not the best. I mean, Alana and Daine were really bad Mary Sues, and while I like them, most certainly not the best..

well, yes, Numair. :D

but, also, I first read most of these books when I was in...*thinks* fourth grade. I think I plowed through all the ones she had within a year. major nostalgia. there are actually some of the books that I don't read nearly as often, because I don't like them all that much, but there are some that I've reread sooo many times....my current favorites are the Trickster ones, I like them much more because they're different than her other ones.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:24 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Location: PinkPT. Except when I'm not on PinkPT. No, wait. I'm confused.
Dark wrote:

Haha, my mom wouldn't even think about reading my fantasy books. She's more of a mystery and crime person herself. Unfortunately, that means I'm the only person in my house putting out money to increase my fantasy collection.

But A Song of Fire and Ice is really one of the best out there. I can't wait at all for the new one to come out.

My moms gotten about three chapters from it, all samples, one was at a reading of his new book.

Speaking of my mother she got me hooked on fantsy, A Song of Ice and Fire, and anime(I was raised on fims like "Kiki's Delivary Service"). My mom loves the books so much, she wouldn't let her copies( Signed first editions!) out of the house, so she bought me my own hardcovers of all three.

Riddikulus wrote:

*Puts up an Anti-Numair sign*
I dislike him considarbly. Besides, he's way to old for Daine. I was very disturbed when I found out they'd be hooked up after a good friend told me.

Lovely set by the equally lovely Silja!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:49 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I like Numair, though I did find it a bit squirm-inducing with him and Daine and...yeah. Daine's pregnant and has his child in the Trickster books :roll: Cool idea - shapeshifter child that keeps making Daine change shape, hehe - but, I still think it's...meh. Daine, fifteen-ish-in-the-first book. Numair....way older.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:57 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Eidolon wrote:
I like Numair, though I did find it a bit squirm-inducing with him and Daine and...yeah. Daine's pregnant and has his child in the Trickster books :roll: Cool idea - shapeshifter child that keeps making Daine change shape, hehe - but, I still think it's...meh. Daine, fifteen-ish-in-the-first book. Numair....way older.

Ew..

Oh well. He still strikes me as just.. t3h_smecks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:29 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Location: PinkPT. Except when I'm not on PinkPT. No, wait. I'm confused.
Eidolon wrote:

She lies and says she's 15. She's 12 or 13, and Numair is in his 30s...

As for Daine's kid, I like it better after its born. The scolding it gets from Daine's mother is priceless.

Lovely set by the equally lovely Silja!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:29 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Alisquid wrote:
Eidolon wrote:

She lies and says she's 15. She's 12 or 13, and Numair is in his 30s...

As for Daine's kid, I like it better after its born. The scolding it gets from Daine's mother is priceless.

^^ ...yup that was so hilarious...haha...the constantly changing child... :D

Ooh. It's pretty. :D See all the pretty presents? They can be yours if you vote for me. Yet, none of you know me. T_T How sad. There's no way to get the pretty presents then. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:40 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

OK. I only have three fantasy series that I've read if you can call HHGTTG fantasy.

1- The Dark Tower by Stephen King (it is incredible, took him over 20 years to write it. It is flat out epic. and a surprise ending :-) I can't believe no one has posted it.)

2- The Lord of the Rings by Tolkien

3- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:57 pm 

RolandOfTheEld wrote:
1- The Dark Tower by Stephen King (it is incredible, took him over 20 years to write it. It is flat out epic. and a surprise ending :-) I can't believe no one has posted it.)

I've been meaning to read that for a long time now. I've heard so many great things about it, but my TBR pile just keeps getting bigger so I haven't had a chance.

Just another darkshadow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:37 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

RolandOfTheEld wrote:

Read my location, the quote attached to my signature image ( no, not the binary one), and regard the image itself.

We in the know like to keep the masterpieces to ourselves ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:35 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

hmm.
1.DragonWorld by Micheal Preiss (illustated by the guy who did the animated lotr movies-and you can tell. very good read that no one has ever heard of.)
2.Artemis Fowl series (just gotta love that weird irishman!)
3.The Chronicles of Prydain (disney killed Black Cauldron!!!!!!!! :cry: )
4.Heir Apperant (it's mostly medievil fantasy with a little modern sci-fi)
5.Redwall (only read the first one)

Well, that's it, i guess. it's hard to just choose five.

Also, not on my top five, but certainly in the top ten is D.J. MacHale's Pendragon series. Bobby Pendragon is my lover <3

Set by Scholastic, winner of my set contest!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Eh, Stephen King gets so tired.

I've recently got very sick of the fantasy genre, reading the same thing over and over...v.predictable.

That said, I did read Terry Pratchett's first novel, The Carpet People (modified version, however) the other day and it's rather pleasant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:20 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Igg wrote:
I've recently got very sick of the fantasy genre, reading the same thing over and over...v.predictable.

Ditto, prefer thrillers personally. However Terry Prachett brings so much humour to the genre that I can't help liking his books. <3 the Discworld Series.

It's coming...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next