Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ashlee Simpson -- "I Am Me" -- SNL performance #2?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Last October, in a matter of seconds, Ashlee Simpson went from singer/reality star/actress to national punchline when she was lip-synching to the wrong backing vocals on an episode of "Saturday Night Live." While embarrassing, that gaffe (and subsequent halftime humiliation at the Orange Bowl) did little to slow Simpson's album sales or to detract from her status as a rising entertainer.

Now, with a movie hitting theaters this month and a new album ready for a fall release, Simpson is hoping to make a "Saturday Night Live" return.

"I would love to do it," Simpson tells reporters covering "Undiscovered," her first shot at big screen stardom. "It's not been confirmed, but I'd love to go back and do 'Saturday Night Live.'"

"I Am Me," her second CD, is expected to drop in October (the first single, "Boyfriend," is already stirring up rumors of a feud with Lindsay Lohan), which would open the door for an appearance near the Oct. 23 anniversary of the backing track debacle, which Simpson blamed on vocal chords damaged by acid reflux.

"I would want to perform, but I'd love to act and make fun of myself as well," she laughs.

When prompted by potential motivations, she continues, "It's not necessarily about revenge on the world. It would just be fun for me to do it, just for myself."

Simpson is getting use to having a tiny bit more time just for herself these days. After having cameras watching her every move for multiple MTV reality shows, Ashlee -- like sister Jessica -- is at least temporarily off of the music network's schedule.

"There are no cameras in the Simpson family anymore and we love it," she declares. "It was time for a break from the cameras."

It isn't just Simpson, though, who enjoys her camera-free life. Her professional collaborators have also expressed some relief at her reduced entourage.

"When I went in to make this record, I walked in and [producer] John Shanks was like, 'Yeah! No cameras,'" she laughs. "There's not a camera in your face when you're trying to write a song and it's nice."

The experience on "Undiscovered," in which she doesn't stray too far from type to play an aspiring singer and actress, was a positive one. Although she says she's concentrated on music for the time being, the former "7th Heaven" co-star suggests that her small screen fans shouldn't expect to be seeing much of her (beyond relentless album promotion, of course) for a while.

"I prefer movies," Simpson says. "I think it's nice to go to difference characters and kinda jump around. Maybe one day I'll do a TV show again

I listened to the clip of this song, I didn't think it was that good at first but it's growing on me.

And who isn't Lindsay Lohan feuding with? First Hilary, then Jessica Alba, now Ashlee.

Set by Medli

Last edited by Ammer on Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:25 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Play nice, girls.

Well, 'least we'll have something to make fun of when we go back to classes then, eh?

generally unimpressed. Koku.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:49 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Xil wrote:
Well, 'least we'll have something to make fun of when we go back to classes then, eh?

That would be a shame.. :I And yeah, why does everyone honestly think Lindsay hates everyone? :battar: I don't blame Ashlee for wanting to redeem herself, either. But I think she should just admit her wrong and go on with life. :battar:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:31 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Aww, Lindsay Lohan used to be cute, circa Parent Trap. Such a shame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:32 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Igg wrote:
Aww, Lindsay Lohan used to be cute, circa Parent Trap. Such a shame.

She's still well, let's just say if she wasn't so trampy I would fawn over her more.

Kitten Medli wrote:
And yeah, why does everyone honestly think Lindsay hates everyone?

Because Lindsay has lashed out on Hilary Duff and Jessica Alba. Apparently she's "feuding" with Ashlee about the same situation she did with Hilary Duff -- Over a stupid guy.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I like her new song...from what I heard, it's kind of fun and upbeat. I don't know why everyone makes fun of her, she's certainly not the first to lip synch and won't be the last.

Ammer, I can send you a clip of another song on her album- L.O.V.E. if you are interested. :)

"I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little stitious."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:01 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hil wrote:
I like her new song...from what I heard, it's kind of fun and upbeat. I don't know why everyone makes fun of her, she's certainly not the first to lip synch and won't be the last.

Ammer, I can send you a clip of another song on her album- L.O.V.E. if you are interested. :)

Did you notice that the lyrics on her site for "Boyfriend" are not matching at all? I tried to find the part where the clip was from and I couldn't find it.

And I sent you a PM regarding her other song. Thanks a lot Hil.

Set by Medli

Post subject: hmmm
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:00 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Ammer wrote:
Because Lindsay has lashed out on Hilary Duff and Jessica Alba. Apparently she's "feuding" with Ashlee about the same situation she did with Hilary Duff -- Over a stupid guy.

hmm, i didn't hear about the one with jessica alba..but lindsey just strives for attention i think..like the rest of the teenage girls trying to make it big.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:28 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, well.

I want to hear this.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]