Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:15 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

rageaholic wrote:
I don't think I can judge anything until I try them first hand.

Not to mention that a console is only as good as the games you can play on it. Specs and fancy do-dads aside, it really just comes down to which one has games better set for what I enjoy.

Well put, Rage.

Of course, I'm always quite behind the times when it comes to consoles. I got an NES well after the SNES had been released. I received an SNES a year before Nintendo 64 came out. I got a PSOne (my then-boyfriend, now-husband's old one) after the PS2 came out. And then my husband and I started living together, so I had a PS2 pretty much around the time a lot of other people did. In other words...I won't be getting any of these for a very, very long time. ^^;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:39 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Ixistant wrote:
The Revolution definately. And not just because I love the new controller or because I'm a fanboy, but because I think it will rock! I mean think about the games! Being able to pummel Diddy Kong into a pulp with a baseball bat in SSBM, and with the controller being able to do it YOURSELF! BLISS!!! And you can't forget Zelda or Mario or Samus. I can't wait to play Metroid with my Remote and Nunchuk.

Man, I never thought I'd say that in my lifetime. :P

Yeah, that's one of the main reason's I'm so hyped about it. I love Super Smash Bros (which is coming out with the console!), Zelda, Mario and lots of other games, and my brother loves the Metroid series, and I'm sure that with this innovative controller there will be plenty of developers who will want to make their unique styles of games. (Its like the DS, which is also original in its functions).

But that's not saying I have anything against the PS3, in fact I'm definitely also looking forward to that (can't wait for the new FF games...). However I chose to ignore it seeing as the title told me to choose between the Revolution and the 360 :P

Anyway, my brother and I are going to buy both the PS3 and Revolution, so I have no reason to chose between them.. tee hee!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:00 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Hmm.. has anything been released about how much the Revolution will cost? If it's not too outrageous, I'll just save up my checks and go buy both when they come out. ._.

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:00 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm getting the Revolution!!!
That controller is excellent, I can play all my GC games, I can play all my fave NES games again :)
Smash Bros was one of my fave games on the GC.

The 360 isn't fully backwards compatible. They said only 10% of Xbox games will work on it.

Also, the price being talked about was $179, which is about £100.

Get your egg at http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:46 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, you should make sure your house/apartment has a good foundation. If not, you may not want to buy the Xflop 350, because it may cause your house/apartment to cave in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:31 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

_B4U_ wrote:
Well, you should make sure your house/apartment has a good foundation. If not, you may not want to buy the Xflop 350, because it may cause your house/apartment to cave in.

As much as I hate the Xbox, the new one isn't all too big from what I've seen and heard.

In fact, the PS3 is probably bigger :P But you didn't hear me say that.

Randomness- Werewolf and Other Stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:51 pm 

Yes, the PS3 Is probably going to be bigger.

From what I've heard the launch titles will go somewhere around this:

Revolution: $200-250 (american, mind you)
Xbox 360: either the $300, or the $400 (only 400 can really do much)
PS3: $450 - 500.

That said, the PS3 is intended not as a gaming system, but as everything you would plug into your TV, rolled into one. It's graphics are also Crazy good, from what I've seen (which isn't much) which is a significant improvement over the PS2 which was horrible in that department.

The 360 still has online going for it, and from what I've heard, Halo 3 will be a launch title, along with a new Fable game, and some sort of Racing game. I believe both the PS3 and Xbox 360 will have resident evil Five within a month of launching as well.

The Revolution though... that controller just PWNZ! Supposedly the games are going to be much more online (yay) and I'll finally be able to play Chrono Trigger again (haven't in six Years, since my SNES broke) The downside of the Revo is, at launch it will be only First-Party games, as nintendo hasn't released enough info to other developers. The upside of that is, we may end up getting some of the better games later on, with more added (like the PS2 version of Resident Evil Four)

I'll be going for Revolution, Hands Down.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:07 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
There's really no solid information about the price of the PS3 on any of the major sites at the moment (that I can find). From what I've read though, $399 seems to be a more likely price for them to start off with (though production cost it more than that amount) and they've even mentioned dropping a few minor things (like the HD, which I find trivial anyway) to make the price much lower than the 360, which I hope they do. That way they can keep the price lower and not lose money. If the PS3 costs around $500, I'm going for the Rev. o'_o

CLICK IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:58 am 
PPT God
PPT God

The other info I found out recently, which may or may not be important, depending on how rivch you are - The Revolution will not work with HDTV.
Not a major problem over here in UK, but I know from when I went to Florida on hols, they seem to be making a big deal out of it over there

Get your egg at http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:18 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'll be going with the reveloution because if the 360 is anything like the Xbox it will suck and just have copies of PC games.

The Lurker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:43 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I think my parents are allowing me to get Revolution. With it I will (FINALLY!) be able to play some GC games that I've always wanted... such as FIRE EMBLEM which came out a few days ago!

And of course, a new Super Smash Brothers, not to mention a cool controller never hurts! I always think that using the controller will get tiring though, if you swing it around or something too much XD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:39 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Tired Feather wrote:
I'll be going with the reveloution because if the 360 is anything like the Xbox it will suck and just have copies of PC games.
If the Rev is anything like the Gamecube it will be chock full of gimmicks (Oh wait.....) and most probably have a poor game library like its predecessor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:32 am 
PPT God
PPT God

01000011 wrote:
Tired Feather wrote:
If the Rev is anything like the Gamecube it will be chock full of gimmicks (Oh wait.....) and most probably have a poor game library like its predecessor.

But the GC was far from innovative. The Revolution is something so innovative it hurts.

And if Developers see how popular this innovation is, they WILL develop games for it if they know what's good for them. Games that actually use the full functionality of the Revo. Otherwise, there won't really be much going for it =/

Randomness- Werewolf and Other Stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:47 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

PS3 pwns em all and everyone knows it. Out of the two i would go with the 360 because Nentendo stinks (not including the legendary nes/snes/N64.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:41 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Meh, I just played the 360 at the mall a week ago, and while the games and graphics are impressive, the controller is far from. It's too small, and it's also uncomfortable. I was able to play a few minutes of Kameo, before I had an ache between my thumb and index finger. I don't remember the controller that well other than that (the button layout seemed a lot better this time around), but I think there was a bump or something on the underside of the controller that just shouldn't be there.

CLICK IT!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next