Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Metal Gear Solid 4
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:28 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The new official trailer is out!!! Check it out here on the official MGS4 site:

http://www.konami.jp/gs/kojima_pro/japa ... s4_04.html

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I prefer the first one, it was the only trailer I've ever laughed during :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:25 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
I tried watching it a while ago, but it's too large for my connection to load so I'm going to have to let it load overnight one of these days. :p

The game's going to be great (though I'm kinda iffy on that little robot that follows him around). :P

Haha, the first trailor was great... I loved how they have Raiden little sparkles. XD

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:29 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm really iffy about Snake being old now. And what's with the Burt Reynolds mustache?! That has GOT to go. I'm stealing a razor from a genome soldier just so I can shave that monstrosity off as soon I boot up the game.

But yeah the first trailer was ab-fab hilarious in a WHA...? kinda way :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:30 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Where can I see this first trailer? Only seen the new one. :o

Anyways, yeah. Snake is way too old to be doing the spy stuff. But I suppose he has no choice in the matter if there is trouble and only HE can stop it. Still...:(

Anyone notice that the metal gear Otacon used was similar to the metal gear in Snatchers? ;)

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:38 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
I've heard that the "old guy" might actually be Big Boss. I haven't really looked up anything on the game yet, but has it been confirmed if it's actually Snake (though I suppose it would be with the inclusion of Otacon...).

CLICK IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:40 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I've got every single MGS (from PSX versions onwards) and I have loved every single one of them - I've no doubt in my mind that Hideo will make a great 4th 'episode' :)

Credit to Ken for the set :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:18 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Hideo has been known to keep big secrets about his games up until the last moments, usually right before release.

So nothing is certain yet ;)

Otherwise though, looking forward to this game heaps :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:19 am 
PPT God
PPT God

It's a given that the old guy in the film is Snake, since he is called that...if i recall right. :o Big Boss dies long ago. And I think Solidus Snake was the only clone of him.

Quote:
Hideo has been known to keep big secrets about his games up until the last moments, usually right before release.

Bingo. That's how he was able to pull off the surprise of playing Raiden in MGS2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:51 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, I just read up on the game in the PSM I got a few weeks ago. I don't know why, but either the Olden Snake scares me or I just don't like his face. x_x He just looks... strange.

CLICK IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:55 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Jacob wrote:
It's a given that the old guy in the film is Snake, since he is called that...if i recall right. :o Big Boss dies long ago. And I think Solidus Snake was the only clone of him.

Quote:

Bingo. That's how he was able to pull off the surprise of playing Raiden in MGS2.

Big Boss died in Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. Solid, Liquid, and Solidus are part of "Les Enfant Terrible" which, I forget a good portion of what that's about. Something about them all being Big Boss's children. Solidus is, in a way of speaking, supposed to be the best of them all. Liquid the next, and Solid Snake the weakest.

I guess I should have spoiler tags or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:07 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ioudas Omnis wrote:
Jacob wrote:

Quote:

Big Boss died in Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. Solid, Liquid, and Solidus are part of "Les Enfant Terrible" which, I forget a good portion of what that's about. Something about them all being Big Boss's children. Solidus is, in a way of speaking, supposed to be the best of them all. Liquid the next, and Solid Snake the weakest.

Actually, wasn't it that Solidus was the perfect clone, Solid was a clone made using BB's best genes, and Liquid was made using the left over genes.

At least that's the way I've seen it.

Personally though, I don't think this game is based too far in the future. Remember that Big Boss was pretty old when the Les Enfants Terrible project took place, and so all the Snakes would have been aging at an alarmingly quick rate. If you look at Otacon, he looks almost exactly as he did in the previous game.

Well, that's just a theory though.

Randomness- Werewolf and Other Stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:18 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

That's what years of smoking will do to you. :P

I thought it was confirmed, but obviously it was in my head because I can't find a source for it. But doesn't his smoking play a part (not everything, since there are other more important factors) in his overall health in this installment. I know he has the sickness which he as to use the injections for (I've already pretty much got the idea of waht that is), but doesn't he also have or is forming lung cancer or something? x_x I could have swore I read it somewhere, but maybe I made it up. I can't seem to find a source anymore...

CLICK IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:05 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Twisted Sanity wrote:
Ioudas Omnis wrote:
Jacob wrote:

Quote:

Actually, wasn't it that Solidus was the perfect clone, Solid was a clone made using BB's best genes, and Liquid was made using the left over genes.

Personally though, I don't think this game is based too far in the future. Remember that Big Boss was pretty old when the Les Enfants Terrible project took place, and so all the Snakes would have been aging at an alarmingly quick rate. If you look at Otacon, he looks almost exactly as he did in the previous game.

Well, that's just a theory though.

I never played MG2. If you recall from the ending of Metal Gear Solid, Revolver Ocelot is talking with someone (I guess The Patriots or something) and makes mention that the weaker of the clones believes himself to be the strongest. Obviously, the only known clone left at this time is Solid. As Liquid fell victim to FoxDie.

The rapid aging could help explain what Snake injects himself with in that trailer.

Last edited by Ioudas Omnis on Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:31 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

*Spoilers inside*
Quote:

I think that is pretty accurate. ;)

Quote:
Well, I just read up on the game in the PSM I got a few weeks ago. I don't know why, but either the Olden Snake scares me or I just don't like his face. x_x He just looks... strange.

Older folk sure are scary. :o Anyways, it's true that Snake is REALLY old to begin with. Be thankful he was able to keep his good looks as long as he did. NOw his body is breaking down, either from old age (he's not a natural born human, remember that too), or from the Foxdie in him. I'm actually surprised he could have lived this long with the virus, since Liquid, his genetic brother, "died" at the end of MGS1 (but lived on as an arm on ocelot).

Quote:
I never played MG2. If you recall from the ending of Metal Gear Solid, Revolver Ocelot is talking with someone (I guess The Patriots or something) and makes mention that the weaker of the clones believes himself to be the strongest. Obviously, the only known clone left at this time is Solid. As Liquid fell victim to FoxDie

wasn't that Solidus Ocelot was speaking to? Am only going by what others have said when I say this though, since i never played it before. :cry:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next