Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Guild Wars
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:59 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I just bought Guild Wars. I tried it out yesterday and it seems pretty good. I have a radeon 9550 and 700 something of memory and a pretty good internet connection. I was having lag though, and I had to go into low detail. I was wondering if anyone else had Guild Wars out there. I'd love to be able to do something about the lag. I don't know what else to do. I really can't party with anyone if I am going to lag out, I won't be good on any team if I freeze up.

Right now I am a Warrior and my second profession is ranger. I am just trying it out. I might make another account to play with. I love my pet cat on there. But I don't know how to tell when he is hurt. I have a spell I can use to heal him, so I have been randomly healing him!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Guild Wars players: in about one hour the next Mad King Halloween event will occur in Lion's Arch. Don't miss it! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:08 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Chanel wrote:
Guild Wars players: in about one hour the next Mad King Halloween event will occur in Lion's Arch. Don't miss it! :D

The Mad king was terrible.

And as for the issue of Lag what server are you on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:10 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Well I tinkered around a bit with my computer and how it handles things so now it runs performance better than visual. I have to play in low detail most of the time, but it isn't terrible. It still looks pretty good to me. I guess if I played in super high detail all the time then it would probably look like crud, but I am used to low detail now, so it looks ok. I have a router which is my problem, sometimes I get net error 7 poping up and the only fix for that is to bypass the router, which I can't do because I don't have a phone line or a modem.

I do have some questions about the game. Because I lag, I don't think I will be a very good party member. Yesterday I was able to play for many hours uninteruppted and I finally got to the searing part. But I don't know, today I might lag.

Do I have to party? Are Henchmen going to get me through this game or will I have to eventually just HAVE to have a party?

I want to join a guild but I am not sure if I will be a good guild member. Do I have to do that?

I am a ranger/mesmer on one account and a warrior ranger on another account. I went into the searing part too early on my Warrior ranger account so I might delete it, because I didn't really spend a lot of time in presearing days and I missed a lot.

Where can I get an expert salvage kit?

Also, I love my cat, but what other pets can I get? I saw someone with a strider. I think I found a place where there were some moss spiders. They were in green and didn't attack me, so I figure a person could get a pet spider. I also saw a warthog that was in green and didn't attack, so I figure a person could get one of those. I like the cat the best though.

What else can I do with a cat? I know I can name it something. And it helps me fight. But I feel like I might be missing out of some commands or something. It just all happens automatically, but I was wondering what else I could do with the cat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:48 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

smudgeoffudge wrote:
Well I tinkered around a bit with my computer and how it handles things so now it runs performance better than visual. I have to play in low detail most of the time, but it isn't terrible. It still looks pretty good to me. I guess if I played in super high detail all the time then it would probably look like crud, but I am used to low detail now, so it looks ok. I have a router which is my problem, sometimes I get net error 7 poping up and the only fix for that is to bypass the router, which I can't do because I don't have a phone line or a modem.

I do have some questions about the game. Because I lag, I don't think I will be a very good party member. Yesterday I was able to play for many hours uninteruppted and I finally got to the searing part. But I don't know, today I might lag.

Do I have to party? Are Henchmen going to get me through this game or will I have to eventually just HAVE to have a party?

I want to join a guild but I am not sure if I will be a good guild member. Do I have to do that?

I am a ranger/mesmer on one account and a warrior ranger on another account. I went into the searing part too early on my Warrior ranger account so I might delete it, because I didn't really spend a lot of time in presearing days and I missed a lot.

Where can I get an expert salvage kit?

Also, I love my cat, but what other pets can I get? I saw someone with a strider. I think I found a place where there were some moss spiders. They were in green and didn't attack me, so I figure a person could get a pet spider. I also saw a warthog that was in green and didn't attack, so I figure a person could get one of those. I like the cat the best though.

What else can I do with a cat? I know I can name it something. And it helps me fight. But I feel like I might be missing out of some commands or something. It just all happens automatically, but I was wondering what else I could do with the cat.

Unfortunetly you will at some point have to resign yourself to the fact that you're going to have to join a party, it's only necessary in a couple of missions where you need to split up for what ever reason.

As for a guild it depends what you want to do, if you enjoy PvE then its not necessary to join a guild, if however you want to take part in the PvP section of the game it's near enough necessary for you to join a guild, it becomes alot easier to find a group for the Team areana's, Tomb of primeval kings, and of course Guild v Guild battles. For PvE it's also helpful to be in a guild, that way if you need some help on a mission or quest or anything else you can grab some people from your guild to help you.

The earliest I believe you can get an expert salvage kit is in Lions Arch. If you don't know already you MUST use an expert salvage kit to salvage a rune or a weapon modifier from Armour/Weapons.

Pet's are not my forte, although I play a Ranger/Mesmer pet's have not been a good thing for me. There are alot of pets you can get including ;
Strider, Stalker, Lynx, Warthog, Bear, Wolf and a Spider. You can only get a spider from the Fissure of woe I believe, although it may be from the Underworld. You cannot charm a moss spider.

Pets can be buffed with your beast master attribute and you can get many skills to increase the damage output of your pet. You have to understand however as you buff up your beast mastery that your own damage will suffer, as will your energy management and your efficency with such things as traps, preperations etc. You have to make a decision, not perhaps this early what type of Ranger you wish to be. With a mesmer secondary you could split your attribute points between your Ranger skills and Mesmer skills, and you would basically be an interuption/energy drain ranger. The types of ranger you can actually be are many but here are a few ; High damage ranger, Spiker, Interuption/Energy drain, Beast master.

As for the lag, again what Server do you play on i.e. Europe, American, Korea, and what country are you actually in. Secondly what specs does your computer have and finally what is your internet connection download and upload speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:43 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Ive been wanting this game for ages but i always wondered after you buy the accual CD do you need to pay any monthly fees at all? or is it completly free other than the disk? Im getting it if there arent charges...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:20 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Breene wrote:
Ive been wanting this game for ages but i always wondered after you buy the accual CD do you need to pay any monthly fees at all? or is it completly free other than the disk? Im getting it if there arent charges...

That is correct, this game has no monthly fees whatsoever. That was pretty much why I bought it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:08 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Chanel wrote:
Breene wrote:

That is correct, this game has no monthly fees whatsoever. That was pretty much why I bought it :)

Well... technically if you plan to buy the expansion packs you are kinda paying a monthly fee. Anet have said they plan to release and expansion pack every 6 months. Even if its something like £30 thats £5 a month, quite cheap considering but you're still paying for new content, just like on WoW etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:18 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Pyro Parrot wrote:
Chanel wrote:
Breene wrote:

Well... technically if you plan to buy the expansion packs you are kinda paying a monthly fee. Anet have said they plan to release and expansion pack every 6 months. Even if its something like £30 thats £5 a month, quite cheap considering but you're still paying for new content, just like on WoW etc.

But it's still better than games that have monthly fees AND new expansion packs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:23 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Internet and creditcard = no for my parents.... so expansion packs are fine =) Im buying this soon...probably this weekend since were going to buy a new mouse anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:42 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Chanel wrote:
Pyro Parrot wrote:
Chanel wrote:
Breene wrote:

But it's still better than games that have monthly fees AND new expansion packs

I don't disagree with you there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:00 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

bought it and im intalling it as i type =]

Cant wait to try it....its going to lag horrably though because im on a crap computer with 256 ram and an old gforce.... any reccomended servers that have very little lag? or other ways to decrease it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:20 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Great game. Big game for the most part.

Stay in the PreSear for awhile, collect Dyes. You'll want them later. Black Dyes are the best ones.

Anyways. I love this game. I'm the leader of a guild known as Dragon Eye Knights [DEK] and in-game name is Neriandal Freit. Been playing for a while, havea few expensive items, etc.

Always being updated with small things, bugs are being fixed all the time, etc. It's never a long delay like somethings. And it's all free (Anet said they WOULD keep it free reguardless)

Spells are my thing ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:15 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Wow this is an amazing game....I intalled it and have been wandering around trying to figure it out. I made my second advancement and i am now a necromancer-elementalist. Its pretty cool because i can rain these fireballs on my enemys and then bring em back to life as little critters to help me fight :P Im surprised there isnt much lag...only when switching towns i experiance it. Other than that it runs very smooth. I just bought a new mouse today and it helps it even more :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:44 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I have a few pictures of my Ranger, I've completed the game with him so he's used for pvp now.

A shot of me in my 15k Scale armour
http://www.imagehosting.us/index.php?action=show&ident=512618

An action shot of me in my 15k druids armour
http://www.imagehosting.us/index.php?action=show&ident=512622

A final action shot
http://www.imagehosting.us/index.php?action=show&ident=512635

That was quite a long time ago, since then I've added to the bows. Aswell as a Stormbow I now have a Shadow bow and an Eternal bow.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next