Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:28 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

The controller looks, yes revolutionary, and upon reading IGN's different models and such about it on another forum, I can honestly say I look forward to using this device.

I forget, it's set up to work like an remote control correct? With an IR sensor in the front to be used to control like a cursor?

If that is the case, that would be idea for a First-Person Action/Adventure RPG such as Elder Scrolls. As you could the joystick attatchment to control the direction of the character walking, the D-Pad to control the view, and the the IR motion in conjunction with a triggering button of some kind to use a weapon or pick up an item.

The IR motion would resemble a hand, or a weapon of whatever kind might be selected, obviously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ioudas Omnis wrote:
I forget, it's set up to work like an remote control correct? With an IR sensor in the front to be used to control like a cursor?

Yep. And yes, it would be awesome for FPS games, especially if it had a trigger button of sorts. I can't wait to play MP3 with the controller, even if it means no more auto lock-on.

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:20 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

According to this image http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/651/651275/img_3073869.html

The "B" button is positioned in a way that makes it like a trigger. Also, in another forum I'm part of, I saw pictures of IGN concepts of a rifle, light-gun, and a Gamecube-esque controller in conjunction with the Revolution's remote-styled controller.

Also, I've yet to actually the article, but http://revolution.ign.com/articles/670/670522p1.html also suggests various uses for the controller. If it's actually worth it, will be later determined.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:28 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: At Planet Veldin, helping out the Galactic Rangers fight the tyrranoids
I agree with this topic, the revolution is going to get wasted by the PS3 and 360! No doubt about that, first of all the revolution is just a money waster, and all the motivation is, you just play those boring games, and you don't get to play those action games which basically PS3 has! :)
The revolution's so small because it fits down the trash! :roflol: and I will be laughing when the revolution comes out, well I think, but anyway PS3 are WAY more reliable as well as 360, than revolution! :roll:

Hey Pat, where are you and general nonsense going? I guess to the festivities of sophisticos!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:53 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Backupatrick wrote:
I agree with this topic, the revolution is going to get wasted by the PS3 and 360! No doubt about that, first of all the revolution is just a money waster, and all the motivation is, you just play those boring games, and you don't get to play those action games which basically PS3 has! :)
The revolution's so small because it fits down the trash! :roflol: and I will be laughing when the revolution comes out, well I think, but anyway PS3 are WAY more reliable as well as 360, than revolution! :roll:

Hey! That's just downright mean! :x

And your examples for exactly why its going to be bad are very pathetic to say the least! o_O

The Revolution has a revolutionary controller which is going to change gaming forever.... and what do you mean all those action games PS3 has? Are you implying the Revolution won't have any action games, cause that's just ridiculous! :roll:

And how are the PS3 and 360 going to be more reliable than Revolution?

Sheesh! If you're going to say you don't like a console, or anything for that matter, you could at least have some substantial reasons for dis-liking it.

/rant

Erm.... now that I've done that... I can't wait for the Revolution! Its going to be sooooo awesome! ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:43 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: At Planet Veldin, helping out the Galactic Rangers fight the tyrranoids
ria wrote:
Backupatrick wrote:

Hey! That's just downright mean! :x

And your examples for exactly why its going to be bad are very pathetic to say the least! o_O

The Revolution has a revolutionary controller which is going to change gaming forever.... and what do you mean all those action games PS3 has? Are you implying the Revolution won't have any action games, cause that's just ridiculous! :roll:

And how are the PS3 and 360 going to be more reliable than Revolution?

Sheesh! If you're going to say you don't like a console, or anything for that matter, you could at least have some substantial reasons for dis-liking it.

/rant

Erm.... now that I've done that... I can't wait for the Revolution! Its going to be sooooo awesome! ^_^

I noticed I was a bit harsh, sorry about that! :D

But it's more reliable because, PS3 and 360 have the games that are like awesome, and nintendo just make those stupid games like mario, and I don't like those 2-d games, the better the graphics, the better the game.

And I don't like the console because, it's just too over-rated, the controller looks so bad, compared to PS3, well it looks like a boomerang but at least the console almost matches the controller.

The revolution has no intense games, and what I mean with that, is games that are so hard and require lots of action, involving weapons, gadgets and items, etc. There's so much games like that on PS3 and 360. And the revolution's going to be so bad! In fact I don't think anyone in my school will be getting one! :roflol:

Now why don't you clarify your reasons about the revolution being good, and see if you can say some reasonable reasons! :)

Hey Pat, where are you and general nonsense going? I guess to the festivities of sophisticos!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:44 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Backupatrick, sure thats your opinion, but really thats kinda incorrect...

you wrote:
"(xbox and ps3 games) that are like awesome" & "nintendo just make those stupid games" & "I don't like those 2-d games"

Thats your opinion, but that wont mean that the revolution will suck? Now i'm sure alot of people have your opinion, but a very large number of pople enjoy mario games, the way in which their games are different and dislike the games that you like?

And surely, not liking a console because its overated is a completely idiotic standpoint? Sure you can be annoyed at the way in which people overate the console, but that isn't a valid reason to dislike the revolution.

And if you dont think the revolution has any intense games, well the revolution doesn't have a release date, its not even finished yet, so how can you expect to know anything about any of the revolution games? The revolution controller is going to be briliant for shootemup games with packs to stick into the remote so it becomes like an actual gun in your hand, imagine playing a 1st person shooter like that? Its like a arcade game, but only cooler.

Jeez, its pretty much certain that atleast metriod will be on the revolution, its a major game in nintendo terms, and how does that not have any action, weapons and items? RPG's are a big craze in japan now, and i have several for my DS which have a very nice anime twist to them, so thats hard and ALOT of gadgets and items.

Revolution has better backwards compatability, and wi-fi! Sure xbox has xbox live but wi-fi connects to the DS, so thats cool.

So really, the games which you do enjoy (I'm guessing shoot-em-up storyline sort of gaames from what you said before) will be on the revolution, played slightly differently of course due to the way the revolution is different, but still generally the same and just as enjyoable. Dont be afraid of change.

And the revolution wil have just as much graphical capability as both the ps3 and xbox.

(I dont even own a gamecube i just wanted to point out thats all complete cow poop)

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:54 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Oh wow, sorry man, but when I see a mindless fanboy post like this, I feel a need to go out of my way and correct it Let's start... here:

Quote:
I agree with this topic, the revolution is going to get wasted by the PS3 and 360!

Most of the topic agree on quite the opposite, therefore this is rubbish.

Quote:
No doubt about that, first of all the revolution is just a money waster, and all the motivation is, you just play those boring games, and you don't get to play those action games which basically PS3 has!

Even preferring the PS3 over the other consoles right now, this is the complete, non-thought-out comment that a fanboy would make. First of all, you don't even know any of the games that are coming out for the Revolution. Secondly, action games aren't necessarily the only genre ever created. I can think of plenty of genres which grab my attention more than "action".

Quote:
The revolution's so small because it fits down the trash!

It's so small because Nintendo has has a recent obsession with constantly making things smaller (anyone can try to deny that, but I don't see why).

Quote:
and I will be laughing when the revolution comes out, well I think, but anyway PS3 are WAY more reliable as well as 360, than revolution!

That's why 5% of the Xbox 360s were defective upon delivery? Somehow I doubt the 360 is "reliable". Nintendo has always been the most "reliable" company, be it the handheld or console market. I don't think anyone has come close.

Quote:
And I don't like the console because, it's just too over-rated, the controller looks so bad, compared to PS3, well it looks like a boomerang but at least the console almost matches the controller.

All of the consoles are over rated. Your point? Do you expect any of the consoles not to be hyped before release?

As for controllers, that's on personal opinion. Personally I don't like any of the controllers that much.

Quote:
The revolution has no intense games, and what I mean with that, is games that are so hard and require lots of action, involving weapons, gadgets and items, etc.

Comment void, absolutely no proof of what you are talking about (as you don't know this).

Quote:
There's so much games like that on PS3 and 360.

You can't know this, there aren't enough titles that are announced for either system.

Quote:
And the revolution's going to be so bad! In fact I don't think anyone in my school will be getting one!

I bet your schoolmates fall into the "I don't want to look kiddy, I want to buy a 360 or PS3 so I can look like a big boy/girl." category. That's practically what is happening with these newer generations.

Quote:
Now why don't you clarify your reasons about the revolution being good, and see if you can say some reasonable reasons!

Give some logical reasons as to why you feel the way you do, then you may gain some credibility.

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:12 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Backupatrick, have you ever even played an N64?
Or a GBA?
Or a DS?
Or even a Gamecube?

Have you heard of games like Super Smash Bros Melee?
Or maybe the entire Legend of Zelda series? (Have you seen the number of cool items those games offer?!)
Or Metroid, Paper Mario or any other game series Nintendo has to offer?

Those series', and the new ones which are sure to come with the creation of the revolution, are one of the many reasons I'm especially rooting for the revolution. (And note here, that I'm not putting down PS3 or 360, in fact, I look forward to buying a PS3 when it becomes available here, I'm a big fan of many games offered by playstation as well).

Can't you just see it now?

Imagine, if you will, the next Super Smash Bros game on revolution, (which is rumoured to be coming out with the revolution). With their new controller players will be able to experience this awesome fighting game like never before. Punches, kicks, and special moves shall all be performed by a quick flick of one's wrist, the characters will move instantly to perform combos and players will be leaping around their living rooms (or at least squirming around on their couches, if their living room isn't that big) fighting in a way that's just not possible with the conventional controller.

Now, imagine the next Zelda game. The brave hero Link will now be able to be controlled in a way not possible before, in fact, any of our favourite heroes will be controlled in new exciting ways. Imagine the possibilities sword fighting has to offer! The evil monsters and fiends who are foolish enough to face our hero in combat shall be taken down with a few well timed swipes by the player. And other items could be used in an even more responsive way. Imagine firing Link's bow! The player would be offered an amazing level of accuracy by simply pointing the controller at their target and presumably pressing the B button (located underneath like a trigger).

And what about FPS games?! Like Metroid! With the num-chuku add-on (in which a second smaller controller is attached to the first) the left hand could be used to move the character around (with the joystick which is its primary feature) and the right hand (with our wonderful original controller) could be used like a gun, the player simply moves their hand towards the target and taps the B button, its just like using a gun IRL.

And what do you mean 2-D games?!! Even the N64 had games in 3-D. Have you done any research into any Nintendo consoles before? :roll:
3-D games have been available on N64, Gamecube and of course they'll be on the revolution. You're acting like all Nintendo has made for the past.. what?... 20 years?... has been Super Mario games like those on the original Nintendo or Super Nintendo.

At first I was also wary of the revolution. I saw the controller and immediately went... what on earth?!

But then a saw a video featuring people demonstrating how the controller would be used (I wish it was still available so you could watch it!) it was simply amazing! One person was playing a Mario game (you could tell by the sound effects) and was making him jump by flicking her wrist upwards. Then there were two older women, using the controller like conductor's batons to conduct music. And much, much more.

Also, (my last point, phew, my hands are tired from all this writing) how can you say the revolution is going to be a money waster?! Have you heard what the price is going to be for the PS3? Like $1000 (note: this is Aus. currency, that's about $500 for all you Americans :P ), the revolution is supposed to be the cheapest console of the three! And it supposed can come either two or four controllers and Super Smash Bros is supposed to be released with the console!

There's more here: http://cube.ign.com/articles/670/670078p1.html

and here: http://media.revolution.ign.com/articles/670/670515/vids_1.html

(Whoa... just found video of what I was looking for! For those who aren't convinced, go watch it!)

(EDIT: Another link, about game possibilities. http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651224p1.html )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:28 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I have to disagree with that "Better graphics/better game" concept, Captain. A game can be wonderful with minimal graphics. Take the old SNES games (by modern comparison).

Games like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI are beautiful, stunning pieces of work.

Aside from that, each of the consoles is generally geared to a certain audience. Just look at the previous Gen.

PS2 offered more general RPGs, the XBox was geared more to the "mature" gamer (with ports of Doom 3, the Halo series, etc.) The Gamecube was for the less-than-mature gamer (although there are too many Mario games out there).

I believe this won't change much. However, the Revolution does have that "You can play all the old games for x dollars", which will benefit all those dandy people who believe that Nintendo can do no wrong.

Out of all of the controllers for the games, the Revolution has the most interesting experience to present, while 360 has a small, rather weak-feeling controller, and the PS3's just looks like batarang or something.

Feel the burn! Feel it! Feel the burn banana time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:54 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Ria, you've got me wondering, how much are all of these add-ons going to cost? I doubt that they would come with the system, and they could easily end up costing as much as a controller or more. I admit, I don't know much about the add-ons, at least if it's going to be a lot of seperate add-ons, or a large package with them all (or if one add-on can be used as multiple add-ons).

It makes ssense to me that they would have you buy a tons of things to make up for the sales price. I doubt they would price the system so low if there wasn't some kind of catch. Then again, I think it's safe to say that Nintendo is basically the accessory giant, so they'll probably make up for the difference by the selling of various accessories.

CLICK IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:12 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Oh of course Nintendo will have billions of add-ons Kugetsu! I mean, they're like the king of add-ons which only can be used for a few games.

Like the damn GBA connectors for the Gamecube, we bought 3 for $20 each only to play LoZ: Four Swords :x

But that doesn't mean you'll need to buy add-ons straight off. I'm sure I'll end up buying four nun-chuku add-ons, and probably a ton of other stuff, but only when I need it for a good game, and only because my whole family (especially my bro and I) are big gamers, and are willing to buy add-ons for worthwhile games.

However the other thing is that we very likely won't be paying to download old games. Considering we have a GBA, N64 and Gamecube already, and have played most worthwhile games available. So downloading old games in large quantities shouldn't be a problem, nor buying Gamecube controllers for playing Gamecube games on the Revolution (we already have 2).

But for the simple gamer, or the gamer with distinct tastes, those add-ons shouldn't be a problem. And that's the general market Nintendo's aiming this console to. To new gamers who want a new experience for a low price. And most of us older games are willing to pay extra to get add-ons for our favourite games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:45 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Hmm... that still takes it's toll on the "cheap price" that Nintendo is trying to convey. Though the add-ons aren't required, it's still a problem if 4 people want to play a game with the same add-on (or two even). That's 4 controllers and the 4 add-ons, and then, as it seems, there are different types of add-ons.

I'll probably just lay off the add-ons as it's going to be difficult enough just to buy the controllers themselves.

I will probably download the games though.

CLICK IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:20 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

This is what i love about PPT.

No tolerance for fanboys XD

You are all brilliant people

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:26 am 
PPT God
PPT God

zorg wrote:
This is what i love about PPT.

No tolerance for fanboys XD

You are all brilliant people

:roll: We have tolerance for fan-people, just not when they bag out other consoles...or anything really... :P

I mean, if we didn't tolerate fan people I'd have left eons ago... :lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next