Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:51 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I don't see why anyone could possibly feel one system is the all-time greatest. Everyone knows that a high-end PC will destroy all things.

Although nothing beats the feel of a controller in the your hand.

Feel the burn! Feel it! Feel the burn banana time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:23 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: At Planet Veldin, helping out the Galactic Rangers fight the tyrranoids
Kugetsu wrote:
Oh wow, sorry man, but when I see a mindless fanboy post like this, I feel a need to go out of my way and correct it Let's start... here:

Quote:
I agree with this topic, the revolution is going to get wasted by the PS3 and 360!

Most of the topic agree on quite the opposite, therefore this is rubbish.

Quote:
No doubt about that, first of all the revolution is just a money waster, and all the motivation is, you just play those boring games, and you don't get to play those action games which basically PS3 has!

Even preferring the PS3 over the other consoles right now, this is the complete, non-thought-out comment that a fanboy would make. First of all, you don't even know any of the games that are coming out for the Revolution. Scondly, action games aren't necessarily the only genre ever created. I can think of plenty of genres which grab my attention more than "action".

Quote:
The revolution's so small because it fits down the trash!

It's so small because Nintendo has has a recent obsession with constantly making things smaller (anyone can try to deny that, but I don't see why).

Quote:
and I will be laughing when the revolution comes out, well I think, but anyway PS3 are WAY more reliable as well as 360, than revolution!

That's why 5% of the Xbox 360s were defective upon delivery? Somehow I doubt the 360 is "reliable". Nintendo has always been the most "reliable" company, be it the handheld or console market. I don't think anyone has come close.

Quote:
And I don't like the console because, it's just too over-rated, the controller looks so bad, compared to PS3, well it looks like a boomerang but at least the console almost matches the controller.

All of the consoles are over rated. Your point? Do you expect any of the consoles not to be hyped before release?

As for controllers, that's on personal opinion. Personally I don't like any of the controllers that much.

Quote:
The revolution has no intense games, and what I mean with that, is games that are so hard and require lots of action, involving weapons, gadgets and items, etc.

Comment void, absolutely no proof of what you are talking about (as you don't know this).

Quote:
There's so much games like that on PS3 and 360.

You can't know this, there aren't enough titles that are announced for either system.

Quote:
And the revolution's going to be so bad! In fact I don't think anyone in my school will be getting one!

I bet your schoolmates fall into the "I don't want to look kiddy, I want to buy a 360 or PS3 so I can look like a big boy/girl." category. That's practically what is happening with these newer generations.

Quote:
Now why don't you clarify your reasons about the revolution being good, and see if you can say some reasonable reasons!

Give some logical reasons as to why you feel the way you do, then you may gain some credibility.

Actually, you basically Incorrected my post!

First of all, just because everyone else doesn't agree with the topic, it doesn't mean my posts are rubbish, how are they rubbish, do they fit in the trash can? :roflol:

And EVERYONE in my class said they don't like the revolution, because they don't like those games on nintendo! SHEESH! :x

Oh and how the heck do you have proof about my classmates liking the 360 and PS3, so they can be a big boy/girl? they just want it because they like it much better!

And I actually predict what games will be on PS3, obviously some would know that, besides why would I post that in the first place?

Actually not all consoles are over-rated here's my theory, 360 and PS3 are more popular in our whole school (and basically the country) and nobody really likes nintendo, because they're just boring games. I know that there's games like mario and zelda, I played them on a DS or something, and it was so boring!

I was only joking about the revolution fitting down the trash, have you ever heard of a "joke"?

Then you go on and on and on about what games are going to come on revolution. How do you know?

There's my theory, and thanks for the negativeness, at least SOME people are a bit more considerable!

Hey Pat, where are you and general nonsense going? I guess to the festivities of sophisticos!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:31 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Yeah. Outside of the updated RE games, Nintendo just has the milking franchises to keep it steady. They've lost a lot of luster, especially with the movement of Final Fantasy and Metal Gear to better consoles.

Like I said, the Revolution really only has the fanboy aspect of it going for it. While I'm sure that good games can can come to it. The only reason I even want it is to play the "Old-School" games on it. And that controller looks like it could be a lot of fun to eventually figure out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:16 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Backupatrick wrote:
And EVERYONE in my class said they don't like the revolution, because they don't like those games on nintendo! SHEESH! :x

Your classmates are such conformists :roll: .

Like they actually spent the time playing like... Super Smash Brothers Melee or something, which is a very very very good game.

Quote:
Actually not all consoles are over-rated here's my theory, 360 and PS3 are more popular in our whole school (and basically the country) and nobody really likes nintendo, because they're just boring games. I know that there's games like mario and zelda, I played them on a DS or something, and it was so boring!

And I've played games by Sony on PS2 which I found boring. Your point?

Quote:
I was only joking about the revolution fitting down the trash, have you ever heard of a "joke"?

Your "joke" wasn't funny.

I'm sooo going to get the Revo when it comes out... they better make a new Fire Emblem on it too :P.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:28 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: At Planet Veldin, helping out the Galactic Rangers fight the tyrranoids
Divine wrote:
Backupatrick wrote:

Your classmates are such conformists :roll: .

Like they actually spent the time playing like... Super Smash Brothers Melee or something, which is a very very very good game.

Quote:

And I've played games by Sony on PS2 which I found boring. Your point?

Quote:

Your "joke" wasn't funny.

I'm sooo going to get the Revo when it comes out... they better make a new Fire Emblem on it too :P.

My point, is it's boring!

And did I say my "joke" was supposed to be funny?

I've played games for nintendo, which were boring. Your point?

I want to play that Super Smash Melee Bros thing, it looks quite good, even for the revolution!

Hey Pat, where are you and general nonsense going? I guess to the festivities of sophisticos!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:43 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Backupatrick wrote:

Then you go on and on and on about what games are going to come on revolution. How do you know?

Firstly, if Nintendo is so unpopular in your whole country then why it is such a successful company? :roll:

And the reason we know some of the games coming out on the Revolution is because 1) they've been announced and 2) Nintendo also has a number of recurring series just like other consoles (eg. Kirby, Zelda, Mario, Super Smash Bros, Metroid...)

And I also wanted to say that I find it extremely insulting that I write an incredibly detailed post about the Revolution with my reasons for thinking its good (even including a video example of how the controller works) which you then completely ignore and then go on to provide a rather childish rebuttle against other peoples' replies. You asked me to state logical reasonable reasons for liking the Revolution, and then you not only ignore it but provide a completely exaggerated biased response with no real reasons for the Revolution being a bad console apart from your own dislike of it and Nintendo as a whole.

If you'd actually taken the time to play any decent Nintendo game without being prejudiced before even picking up the controller than you probably would be singing a different tune. And if you then, after playing the game, gave me legitamit (sp?) reasons for disliking it (the game, the console or whatever) than I'd definitely not be wasting all this time trying to defend my opinions and the opinions of others against your exaggerated claims.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:29 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

ria wrote:
Backupatrick, have you ever even played an N64?
Or a GBA?
Or a DS?
Or even a Gamecube?

Have you heard of games like Super Smash Bros Melee?
Or maybe the entire Legend of Zelda series? (Have you seen the number of cool items those games offer?!)
Or Metroid, Paper Mario or any other game series Nintendo has to offer?

Those series', and the new ones which are sure to come with the creation of the revolution, are one of the many reasons I'm especially rooting for the revolution. (And note here, that I'm not putting down PS3 or 360, in fact, I look forward to buying a PS3 when it becomes available here, I'm a big fan of many games offered by playstation as well).

Can't you just see it now?

Imagine, if you will, the next Super Smash Bros game on revolution, (which is rumoured to be coming out with the revolution). With their new controller players will be able to experience this awesome fighting game like never before. Punches, kicks, and special moves shall all be performed by a quick flick of one's wrist, the characters will move instantly to perform combos and players will be leaping around their living rooms (or at least squirming around on their couches, if their living room isn't that big) fighting in a way that's just not possible with the conventional controller.

Now, imagine the next Zelda game. The brave hero Link will now be able to be controlled in a way not possible before, in fact, any of our favourite heroes will be controlled in new exciting ways. Imagine the possibilities sword fighting has to offer! The evil monsters and fiends who are foolish enough to face our hero in combat shall be taken down with a few well timed swipes by the player. And other items could be used in an even more responsive way. Imagine firing Link's bow! The player would be offered an amazing level of accuracy by simply pointing the controller at their target and presumably pressing the B button (located underneath like a trigger).

And what about FPS games?! Like Metroid! With the num-chuku add-on (in which a second smaller controller is attached to the first) the left hand could be used to move the character around (with the joystick which is its primary feature) and the right hand (with our wonderful original controller) could be used like a gun, the player simply moves their hand towards the target and taps the B button, its just like using a gun IRL.

And what do you mean 2-D games?!! Even the N64 had games in 3-D. Have you done any research into any Nintendo consoles before? :roll:
3-D games have been available on N64, Gamecube and of course they'll be on the revolution. You're acting like all Nintendo has made for the past.. what?... 20 years?... has been Super Mario games like those on the original Nintendo or Super Nintendo.

At first I was also wary of the revolution. I saw the controller and immediately went... what on earth?!

But then a saw a video featuring people demonstrating how the controller would be used (I wish it was still available so you could watch it!) it was simply amazing! One person was playing a Mario game (you could tell by the sound effects) and was making him jump by flicking her wrist upwards. Then there were two older women, using the controller like conductor's batons to conduct music. And much, much more.

Also, (my last point, phew, my hands are tired from all this writing) how can you say the revolution is going to be a money waster?! Have you heard what the price is going to be for the PS3? Like $1000 (note: this is Aus. currency, that's about $500 for all you Americans :P ), the revolution is supposed to be the cheapest console of the three! And it supposed can come either two or four controllers and Super Smash Bros is supposed to be released with the console!

There's more here: http://cube.ign.com/articles/670/670078p1.html

and here: http://media.revolution.ign.com/articles/670/670515/vids_1.html

(Whoa... just found video of what I was looking for! For those who aren't convinced, go watch it!)

(EDIT: Another link, about game possibilities. http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651224p1.html )

I will take a look at those articles, and the spelling was legitimate! :roll:

But anyway, some games on the revolution, or gamecube, e.g Super Smash Melee Bros. look quite good.

I'm sorry for being such a fanboy, and realise that the nintendo does have some good things, the games aren't boring, they look good.

And also, 360 and PS3 are only good in my opinion, because I've had a PS1 and PS2, so that doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to get PS3, but because I haven't played a lot of nintendo, I'm going to get the PS3 after the price drops.

Maybe my class hasn't heard of the revolution? XD :roflol: I told them what it was and stuff, but anyway, some of them like nintendo, but only partially, the more liked the 360 and PS3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:26 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I feel much better about it now that you've apologised Backupatrick, and like I said before, I have nothing against you for being a fan of the PS3 and 360, I'm looking forward to both those consoles immensly myself. I was just offended by your attitute towards Nintendo.

I got an N64 back in like 1995 and grew up playing LoZ: OoT, DK64, Worms Armaggedon and a bunch of others, it wasn't until around 2000 I got a PS2 and became hooked on FF, KH and SSX games, so I guess I was just feeling a little annoyed that you couldn't recognise that Nintendo has some awesome games series and that the Revolution was really an original console.

No hard feelings eh? :hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:27 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
zorg wrote:
This is what i love about PPT.

No tolerance for fanboys XD

You are all brilliant people

I have tolerance for fanboys, it's just posts like those that I feel the need to reply to. I'm making it a personal goal to have an intelligent conversation with one and come out of it feeling like I actually accomplished something.

Quote:
First of all, just because everyone else doesn't agree with the topic, it doesn't mean my posts are rubbish, how are they rubbish, do they fit in the trash can? :roflol:

I didn't say the post was rubbish, I said that point was (and it was, as you can't agree with the majority of the thread if they disagree with you. This wasn't an attack on your post, it was a logical statement.)

Quote:

But your whole class isn't here to speak for themselves, and I can't take a person's word if they're representing such a large group (though I have no clue how large your class is).

Quote:
Oh and how the heck do you have proof about my classmates liking the 360 and PS3, so they can be a big boy/girl? they just want it because they like it much better!

I didn't say I have "proof"? I made an assumption based on the way that you showed your "allegiance" to the other systems. You made it seem like every single person in your class automatically thought the same way that you do, but in case you missed it, that was a joke (well more like a sarcastic remark, but whatever.)

Quote:
And I actually predict what games will be on PS3, obviously some would know that, besides why would I post that in the first place?

Predicting and knowing are two much different things. I could predict that "Zombies Ate My Neighbors" was going to be released on the Next-Gen systems, but we know that's not going to happen. All we have to go on are launch games (and the occassional ""Big Project"). You claimed to like so many of the PS3 games (regardless of actual experience with it), that's what this is replying to.

Quote:

No, all consoles are overrated before release, they have to be. Most others are also overrated after release as well (as long as there are millions of fanboys flocking around, it will be overrated). Consoles that aren't overrated fail miserably.

What country do you live in? I've never heard of a country that shuns Nintendo by default.

Quote:

Of course, this quote was actually replying to one (although a factual joke).

Quote:

I never mentioned a single Revolution game, not even once. :lol: The "rest" of it was making light of the other comments you made (360 reliability and that hodgepodge). Not once was a game (of any sort) mentioned.

Quote:
There's my theory, and thanks for the negativeness, at least SOME people are a bit more considerable!

If you can deal the criticism, you should be able to take it as well. If you make a rather rude (or inconsiderable, as it was) post, you can't expect people to post like happy little hippies (though all hippies can feel free to reply if they want to). People are going to reply in kind.

It's not like I'm "OMG EYE H8 U NUB!", because I'm not. I don't just start hating (or disliking) people for trivial reasons such as... anything on the internet. But I did find that post rather rude (not to me specifically, but to some of the other people that widely support the Revolution). It would seem that this dilemma has already been wrapped up though so...

Ioudas Omnis wrote:
I don't see why anyone could possibly feel one system is the all-time greatest. Everyone knows that a high-end PC will destroy all things.

Why wouldn't a person have a favourite system? Personally I've always preferred the Sega Genesis. That doesn't mean that I think all of the others are obsolete, but I do think it had the most to offer at the time of release (and many years after). I've never really been big on PC gaming, I've never gotten into it, at all.. Of course, that's probably due to the fact that I don't enjoy playing with random people that I don't know (I'd have a higer chance of playing if I actually know the person behind the other computer, in some way or another).

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:39 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Kugetsu wrote:
zorg wrote:
This is what i love about PPT.

No tolerance for fanboys XD

You are all brilliant people

I have tolerance for fanboys, it's just posts like those that I feel the need to reply to. I'm making it a personal goal to have an intelligent conversation with one and come out of it feeling like I actually accomplished something.

Quote:

I didn't say the post was rubbish, I said that point was (and it was, as you can't agree with the majority of the thread if they disagree with you. This wasn't an attack on your post, it was a logical statement.)

Quote:

But your whole class isn't here to speak for themselves, and I can't take a person's word if they're representing such a large group (though I have no clue how large your class is).

Quote:

I didn't say I have "proof"? I made an assumption based on the way that you showed your "allegiance" to the other systems. You made it seem like every single person in your class automatically thought the same way that you do, but in case you missed it, that was a joke (well more like a sarcastic remark, but whatever.)

Quote:

Predicting and knowing are two much different things. I could predict that "Zombies Ate My Neighbors" was going to be released on the Next-Gen systems, but we know that's not going to happen. All we have to go on are launch games (and the occassional ""Big Project"). You claimed to like so many of the PS3 games (regardless of actual experience with it), that's what this is replying to.

Quote:

No, all consoles are overrated before release, they have to be. Most others are also overrated after release as well (as long as there are millions of fanboys flocking around, it will be overrated). Consoles that aren't overrated fail miserably.

What country do you live in? I've never heard of a country that shuns Nintendo by default.

Quote:

Of course, this quote was actually replying to one (although a factual joke).

Quote:

I never mentioned a single Revolution game, not even once. :lol: The "rest" of it was making light of the other comments you made (360 reliability and that hodgepodge). Not once was a game (of any sort) mentioned.

Quote:

If you can deal the criticism, you should be able to take it as well. If you make a rather rude (or inconsiderable, as it was) post, you can't expect people to post like happy little hippies (though all hippies can feel free to reply if they want to). People are going to reply in kind.

It's not like I'm "OMG EYE H8 U NUB!", because I'm not. I don't just start hating (or disliking) people for trivial reasons such as... anything on the internet. But I did find that post rather rude (not to me specifically, but to some of the other people that widely support the Revolution). It would seem that this dilemma has already been wrapped up though so...

Ioudas Omnis wrote:

Why wouldn't a person have a favourite system? Personally I've always preferred the Sega Genesis. That doesn't mean that I think all of the others are obsolete, but I do think it had the most to offer at the time of release (and many years after). I've never really been big on PC gaming, I've never gotten into it, at all.. Of course, that's probably due to the fact that I don't enjoy playing with random people that I don't know (I'd have a higer chance of playing if I actually know the person behind the other computer, in some way or another).

Hey, Kugetsu, I already apoligized about the revolution!

As I mentioned before, it does have some good games, and the revolution looks okay, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to get it, just to say sorry about the inconsiderate post by me! :D

And I guess 360 and PS3 will be good, not the BEST, but good, revolution's quite good, but doesn't deserve a tick in my ticklist thingy! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:31 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Kugetsu wrote:
Ioudas Omnis wrote:

You misunderstand, Captain. I have a favorite console (I'm rather fond of my PS2) however, I'm well aware that the XBox is a better machine on some levels. I don't feel that the PS2 is the end-all-be-all of the video game consoles. That's my point. People can have a favorite console all they want. My point was more directed to fanboys who tend to have irrational loyalties to specific consoles regardless of the content.

I, also, haven't really been in PC gaming (I don't wanna pay monthly fees, and my computer isn't quite powerful enough to support...most games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:42 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Bah! Zombies Ate My Neighbors is going to be the greatest game on any of the systems to come! Pbthhh!

Backupatrick, just because you don't like Nintendo doesn't mean they won't be the best. The majority of people, quite frankly, prefer graphics to gameplay! No matter how awesome the Revo turns out to be, the large majority of people will prefer HDTV games. Since cinematics is more important to most gamers now, this argument is moot.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3