Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: How much are PS2s nowadays?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:14 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I really want to get a PS2. Used or new, it doesn't matter. I just want to be able to play DDR and Katamari Damacy (and its sequel). I thought since the PS3 is coming out soon, they'd be cheap right now so it would be a good idea, but how much are they? Could I be able to buy the console and one of the games I want for under $100, for instance (I need to use up gift certificates too)?

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:33 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I found a Playstation 2 new with memory card for $174.98 at gamestop. The redesigned PS2 is cheaper, only $149.99.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:12 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Buying one used would probably be close to $100 itself. I would say that if you got one used, a game, and a memory card (I'd suggest used as well if possible, and if not, then possibly the offbrand memory card that holds 8 memory cards (that is if you're planning on playing quite a few games on it).

The system is about $100 (I think)

Katamari Demacy costs $20.00 (providing that's what you want to start with, it's sequel is $10.00 more)

A normal memory card is about $20.00 (I think), but if you can find the MAX Memory card on sale, it should be around $30.00 or less (I forget as I bought mine for $35.00 and then it went on sale a couple of says later.

$120.00 for the used system and new memory card (though you can get them cheaper used if any shops around you sell them used), and a game can range anywhere from $5.00 to $50.00. I'd say there a plenty of games you can buy for under $20 if you're looking for cheaper games first. Used is also a plus.

So in all, you'll probably be spending at least $130.

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:24 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thanks! I already new the game and memory card prices (except for DDR); I only needed to know about the console. Are there any differences between the two versions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:29 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Nah, one is the normal, basic size, and the other is very, very tiny (at least it is after having the normal sized one for years. :P). Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they both function the same way.

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:56 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

DiscordantNote wrote:
Thanks! I already new the game and memory card prices (except for DDR); I only needed to know about the console. Are there any differences between the two versions?

I know that some games don't work on the slim PS2. You can't also use a network adapter and hard drive.(Unless you can find an external hard drive)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:52 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I think you should wait until the PS3 comes out so no one is buying the PS2 and they will have sales on the PS2 console and games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Messs17 wrote:
I think you should wait until the PS3 comes out so no one is buying the PS2 and they will have sales on the PS2 console and games.

When is that? I hope it's not too far away...I've become addicted to Katamari Damacy even though I've never played the game. (Such irrationalness is common with me.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:50 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Go for the PS2. I bought Katamari Damacy after hundreds of people kept nagging me to buy it-- such as my manager friend at gamestop.

My baby is slim, pretty and fine. I don't know what's this about games not working on the new model, but I do know of the hard drive issues. But then again, I found a hard drive that WILL work with my version right there in Walmart.

KA-TA-MA-RI ~ DA-MA-CY !!
Prince Inchling needs your help!.

... nanaaaaa, na na na na na NA NA, na na na na na na-- bumbumbumbumbumbum~!. *themesong*

Quote:
Image How come in the TCG: Darkest Faerie edition there's a Yellow Gallion, but no such option to paint your Gallion this colour exists?.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:16 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

DiscordantNote wrote:
Messs17 wrote:

When is that? I hope it's not too far away...I've become addicted to Katamari Damacy even though I've never played the game. (Such irrationalness is common with me.)

There isn't a decided date as of yet, but it's s'posed to be sometime in spring. In the mean time though you can amuse yourself with this:
ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Messs17 wrote:
DiscordantNote wrote:
Messs17 wrote:

There isn't a decided date as of yet, but it's s'posed to be sometime in spring. In the mean time though you can amuse yourself with this:
ImageImage

...I want those.

I guess I'll wait a month or two for it, but in the meantime I found instructions on how to make a paper Prince online and made one. It'll keep me amused until then.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]