Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Revolution Speculation
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:37 am 
PPT God
PPT God

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/sh ... d=24347289

A very good post on Gamespot forums regarding the Revolution. Just speculation, but anyone even half interested in the Revo MUST read this speculation.

So.... any speculation on the Revo by PPTers? Comments about this Gamespotter's speculation?

Randomness- Werewolf and Other Stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:30 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I thought the reason why virtual reality went down the tube was because the visors were too bulky and stuff. I don't think Nintendo would do a visor, because that would require blocking off 2 of of your 5 senses, and wth the old visors the people were confined in a circular area. I don't think the Revolution will come with a couple of fence pieces. :P

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:07 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
lol, if Nintendo uses a visor, they are going to fail, horribly. I know it's just speculation, but I hope Nintendo's not stupid enough to try something like that, it would be a deathwish, even with all of their fanboys. There are many that wouldn't touch the Revolution with a 10-foot stick if a visor was required (not to mention it wouldn't be in any way a comfortable gaming experience).

The other stuff wasn't half as interesting though. :P

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: In the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
Kugetsu wrote:
lol, if Nintendo uses a visor, they are going to fail, horribly.

If? They already failed with VR visors with the Virutal Boy :P

.. In between the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow //
Running through the field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:30 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Some of the links stated the possibility of the Visor as being an addon, so that if it failed, the Revolution itself wouldn't.

Then, with today's modern technology, a visor could be no bigger than a slightly large pair of glasses.

And then of course.... there's the flap :P

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b51/K ... heFlap.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Interesting. I might not mind the visor idea as long as it wouldn't be required all the time. Using it for the next Metroid Prime would be more than awesome.

I don't see how the projector bit will work. True, you don't need a screen, but you still need a large, blank surface to project stuff on. Not every house has one that you can use without clearing a lot of stuff from it, and even then I think it has to be a light color to work well. Neat concept though.

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:28 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Runevalkyrie wrote:
Kugetsu wrote:

I meant the Revolution. :P

In other news...

OMGTHEFLAP. D:

CLICK IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: In the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
Kugetsu wrote:
Runevalkyrie wrote:
Kugetsu wrote:

I meant the Revolution. :P

I know I know, just joking around :P

.. In between the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow //
Running through the field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:32 pm 

*pops in*

There is no visor. It's just a 'mote, you see. Eh, I'll explain later.

I bet there's a lot you guys don't know (however, I might just be bluffin' considering I come from a major gaming community). Oh, but if you do, just tell me. I don't want to be a know-it-all or nothin'.

First of all, this is what the thing looks like. Yes, it's been confirmed. Numerous times. http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/651/651275/hands-on-the-revolution-controller-20050915054852879-000.jpg

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/651/651301/revolution-controller-at-a-glance-20050915061358181-000.jpg This is the controller. Now, before you say anything about it, many behind the scenes people say it's comfy, and don't knock it until you try it. :P

I'll also share with you my most recent bit of news: Revolution development kits are cheaper than even a PSP's development kits. http://www.joystiq.com/2006/02/22/revolution-sdks-cheaper-than-psp-ones-say-devs-final-dev-kits/

This shall definitely pave the way for all sorts of developers to make games. It might also bring in cruddy games as well, but we shall focus on the happy-happy-joy-joy sunshine stuff instead of the stuff that might make this thing fail.

Here are some more confirmed facts from interviews and articles:

- The controllers are obviously wireless.
- DVDs will be able to be played.
- The flap of doom you speak of is where the Gamecube controllers plug into in case you want to play a Gamecube game. Speaking of which:
- This thing has 20 years of backwards compatibility. You will be able to download NES, SNES and N64 titles and play Gamecube and Revolution titles.
- The Nintendo DS will be able to connect.
- The Revolution will be released around the world in the same quarter (14 weeks). It's been confirmed that it comes out in either Japan or the US before November 2006. Hopefully it's the US. Those Japs! :P
- This thing could cost as low as 99 bucks but as high as 300. Won't be in the XBox 360 price range, that's for sure.
- Many developers that did not support the Revolution now do, and it's been hinted at that many are already in development of games.

Finally...

This year's E3 is a big one, for that's when Ninty's revealing all there is to know about the Revolution (which isn't it's official name, btw). So remember, all this stuff is confirmed, but there's still more to be.

Set by WIS. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:09 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yeah, most of that stuff has been out since last year. :P

(except for that article about the development kits, but that sort of ties in with the price part.)

I heard the price was supposed to be either $150 or $200, though the validity is unknown. I'm hoping that's the range, though the $99 sounds great.

CLICK IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:41 am 
PPT God
PPT God

When the controller was first released, I was about to puke because it looked like the worst possible controller for anything but a TV. Then later on I saw an article where it could be used as a weapon (a gun in FPSes or a sword, etc.), then I got excited.

The Revolution is gonna kick butt. :P

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:43 am 

Dragonfire wrote:
When the controller was first released, I was about to puke because it looked like the worst possible controller for anything but a TV. Then later on I saw an article where it could be used as a weapon (a gun in FPSes or a sword, etc.), then I got excited.

The Revolution is gonna kick butt. :P

'Nother good thing - it doesn't require big, tiring hand movements! No, just a flick of the wrist works.

Whee. =D

Set by WIS. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:38 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I'm more interested in the add-ons, like the "nunchuk" style. It seems Nintendo really found a whole new way to customize the controller. As long as the batteries are rechargable, I'm cool.

Zelda: Twilight Princess has been delayed...big freakin' deal you say. Nintendo says it isn't coming out before April. So could Zelda be released at the time of the revolution? It seems logical to me.

Himura the Battousai

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:07 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Do you have confirmation that the flap is for gamecube controllers? Because it would probably make more fiscal sense if Nintendo sold a Gamecube controller 'shell' addon (which could connect to the controller via the little port at the bottom of it).

One thing I've learned from forums is that info without a source is nothing more than sheer speculation (such as my first post :P)

That majority of people know about the controller, console design and backwards compatability, don't worry about that :P

The other hting you have to remember is that Reggie mentioned a third big secret about the Revolution. He said it'd be so big that it'll blow the hype out of the water. Then there was the 'Nintendo ON' fanvideo. The video itself isn't anything revealing. What's interesting is that Reggie complemented the video last E3, but then claimed not to have seen it a few weeks back.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]