Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Big problems loading PPT?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
I'm wondering if anyone has had big problems loading PPT over the past 24 hours (and it's continuing...possibly worse this morning for me). At times, PPT is fine and running as usual. Other times, it takes 15 minutes to load a page, and then it might not even load. I've gotten a lot of blank pages or Firefox error messages
Quote:
Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at http://www.pinkpt.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I know that the problem is not on my end as every other website I'm on is loading just as normal (Neo is on fire today).

Anyone else having problems?

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'd bet pie it's the new plot. Attracting too many people. Get used to it, it'll keep happening off and on for a little while- that's how it was with the last plot if I remember correctly.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:41 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I JUST came here to post this! And then... the page wouldnt load xD

I thought it was just me! I just told a freind about the forums and how active and awesome they were, then they dont eve load so I look like a fool :oops:

It may be the plot attracting people... I think it is.

*fetile position* mommy make it go away *sucks thumb; rocks*

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:51 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Hey, if you think this is bad, you should have seen this place during the Mystery Island plot!

ImageImage
Set - Sunnie
Blinkie - Chass
Left.
ALL HAIL XENU!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, I got logged out just now when I'm never usually logged out. I don't know if that would count as a problem.

"I am a sly cat, I am a summer wind, I am birds in flight, I am the sun, I am the sea, I am me!"

Neo account: ginger23456

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I thought that the problems were most likely due to the number of new members that have registered in the past couple of days. What's funny is that I don't remember it being like this at all during the LDP, and that was by far a much bigger and more involved plot. So far, this afternoon has been much better than this morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:12 am 
Administrator
Administrator

New members aren't really a problem (they're only a couple of kilobytes at worst). It's the pageviews we may be having trouble with. Because phpbb does not cache it's generated html (whether it should or not is questionable -- different permissions, everything becomes out-of-date relatively fast), it needs to query the database quite a lot during the peak hours. This becomes quite a bottleneck as the server struggles to get CPU and memory to work though all of the simultanious requests.

Will you stop with the honour stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hunter Lupe wrote:
New members aren't really a problem (they're only a couple of kilobytes at worst). It's the pageviews we may be having trouble with. Because phpbb does not cache it's generated html (whether it should or not is questionable -- different permissions, everything becomes out-of-date relatively fast), it needs to query the database quite a lot during the peak hours. This becomes quite a bottleneck as the server struggles to get CPU and memory to work though all of the simultanious requests.

Yeah, I haven't a clue what you just said. :>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

matterbug wrote:
Hunter Lupe wrote:

Yeah, I haven't a clue what you just said. :>

I have a basic understanding of what Hunter said. He just decided to make himself look uber-smart by using tons of computer jargon :P

He certainly does a great job taking care of these forums!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:04 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Heck, I thought that made sense. Could draw an analogy, I suppose:
Pretend that I wanted you to remember a small amount of information (for example, SQRT(49) = 7). Repeat this for some more roots just so that you have some more data to work with. You could write the roots down somewhere and only retrieve them when needed. As long as only a small number of people ask you to find roots for them in a short period of time, you're fine (just go back and look them up in your notebook). However, if a lot of people start asking you for the roots at the same time, you won't be able to respond as fast :)
(If you could remember the roots using your brain, rather than always looking them up on the piece of paper, you'd be caching this information.)

Will you stop with the honour stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mmm... that made more sense.

I suppose it doesn't even matter if I understand- as long as you do. Thanks for the work you do. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:42 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm not experiencing any problems with it. oO Haven't even been logged out any, except for my browser decides to shut off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:31 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Browsing the web, playing on random pet sites, talking to my friends, amusing myself...
For me, PPT no longer even LOADS on firefox, nothing comes up...X_x I have to use IE, and it loads reaaaallly slowly on IE.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]