Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 4:34 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

For those that use VBA (*High Fives*), there's a text file you can create that will allow clock based events to occur, namely in Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire.

I'll try and fish out the details, but it's really cool if you can get it to work.

Randomness- Werewolf and Other Stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:56 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Browsing the web, playing on random pet sites, talking to my friends, amusing myself...
So what exactly is this VBA...thing? o_O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:57 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Dusket wrote:
Not to promote VBA or anything, but atleast you can still save with it's personal clientside feature. 'Tis a shame, I use it myself now. :roll:

And highly illegal.

*shamelessly uses VBA too*

Not for my Pokemon games anyway, I got the glitch (IE: Internal battery biting it) fixed an age ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:45 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

digitel_anime_fan_20 wrote:
So what exactly is this VBA...thing? o_O

Visual Boy Advance. It's a system of GBA on the computer if I am not mistaken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:49 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

i suddenly feel very good about coming here on a whim. will check out my Pokemon game, and see if there is some way to safe them...or at least trade them to another, as i've given up on it for awhile. i would hate to have them die. :(

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:14 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Setekh wrote:
Dusket wrote:
Not to promote VBA or anything, but atleast you can still save with it's personal clientside feature. 'Tis a shame, I use it myself now. :roll:

And highly illegal.

Well, VBA itself isn't illegal. It's the ROM that's the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:50 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

JellySoup wrote:
Setekh wrote:
Dusket wrote:

And highly illegal.

I don't think the VBA would be much helpful in terms of Pokemon and other trading games. That's part of the appeal with Pokeman: being able to link up with other players and share of your pokemon. is the VBA capable of that, with it being on the computer and all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:26 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Jacob wrote:
JellySoup wrote:
Setekh wrote:
Dusket wrote:

And highly illegal.

I don't think the VBA would be much helpful in terms of Pokemon and other trading games. That's part of the appeal with Pokeman: being able to link up with other players and share of your pokemon. is the VBA capable of that, with it being on the computer and all?

With other VBA clients on the computer or hooked up with LAN, yes, but I think they yse Ad-Hoc for internet.

(Steal the rhythm while you can.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Lovio wrote:
Jacob wrote:
JellySoup wrote:
Setekh wrote:
Dusket wrote:

And highly illegal.

With other VBA clients on the computer or hooked up with LAN, yes, but I think they yse Ad-Hoc for internet.

Wow...the coders sure know what they are doing it seems. i'm glad to see they can do such work. Next would be to make a complete pokedex game save on a computer and transfer it to the gameboy itself. or maybethat has already been done? *shrugs* look forward to see what they will come up with next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:13 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Jacob wrote:
Lovio wrote:
Jacob wrote:
JellySoup wrote:
Setekh wrote:
Dusket wrote:

And highly illegal.

Wow...the coders sure know what they are doing it seems. i'm glad to see they can do such work. Next would be to make a complete pokedex game save on a computer and transfer it to the gameboy itself. or maybethat has already been done? *shrugs* look forward to see what they will come up with next.

You can also but flash cartriges, empty gameboy packets, for about $80 and store 32 games on it. Just download them and port them from your computer to the cartridge via usb. I wonder if it's illegal to do it that way...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:35 am 

Using an emulator is illegal? never heard so much crap in my life. Guess what? Nintendo doesn't sell Pokemon gold or silver anymore, so they don't give a smurf if you emulate a game they aren't selling anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:52 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: In the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
http://www.nintendo.com/corp/faqs/legal.html

Quote:
People Making Nintendo Emulators and Nintendo ROMs are Helping Publishers by Making Old Games Available that are No Longer Being Sold by the Copyright Owner. This Does Not Hurt Anyone and Allows Gamers to Play Old Favorites. What's the Problem?

The problem is that it's illegal. Copyrights and trademarks of games are corporate assets. If these vintage titles are available far and wide, it undermines the value of this intellectual property and adversely affects the right owner. In addition, the assumption that the games involved are vintage or nostalgia games is incorrect. Nintendo is famous for bringing back to life its popular characters for its newer systems, for example, Mario and Donkey Kong have enjoyed their adventures on all Nintendo platforms, going from coin-op machines to our latest hardware platforms. As a copyright owner, and creator of such famous characters, only Nintendo has the right to benefit from such valuable assets.

.. In between the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow //
Running through the field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:18 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Runevalkyrie wrote:
http://www.nintendo.com/corp/faqs/legal.html

Quote:
People Making Nintendo Emulators and Nintendo ROMs are Helping Publishers by Making Old Games Available that are No Longer Being Sold by the Copyright Owner. This Does Not Hurt Anyone and Allows Gamers to Play Old Favorites. What's the Problem?

The problem is that it's illegal. Copyrights and trademarks of games are corporate assets. If these vintage titles are available far and wide, it undermines the value of this intellectual property and adversely affects the right owner. In addition, the assumption that the games involved are vintage or nostalgia games is incorrect. Nintendo is famous for bringing back to life its popular characters for its newer systems, for example, Mario and Donkey Kong have enjoyed their adventures on all Nintendo platforms, going from coin-op machines to our latest hardware platforms. As a copyright owner, and creator of such famous characters, only Nintendo has the right to benefit from such valuable assets.

It is, however, oegal to download it if you bought the game cart.

But back on topic, R/S/E does this too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:00 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Dragonfire wrote:
Does this occur with the red/blue/yellow games, because for me, all three of them still have the save file, and I used the heck out of those games.

My Red version died a couple years ago...

IDB Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:03 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I tried my Blue a few days ago, it still works...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next