Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:34 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:14 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Soujiro wrote:
Stepmania is a good tool to use to get rhythm down, especially while enabling assist tick.
The thing about stepmania and DDR home versions is that the timing window is pretty big compared to the DDR Arcade cabs.

You could always tighten the timing with stepmania. :/ Playing on an arcade cab is really much better. FFR doesn't do anything except for maybe reading the notes (which really isn't that hard) and beatmania (...and other music games. xD).

Anyway, yeah. Just practicing. And once you get good enough and can't beat anything else, take a long long break. XD And remember that you don't have to always face the screen with the front of your face. :|

Btw, I think Dance Praise was stepmania. Not sure though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

i second the other comments... stay out of the center, and watch overstepping or not stepping far enough. I usually go through two or three songs before I can get the mat exactly where I want it. And definitely practice!! Start on the easiest songs, and stay on them until you get them down, then move up to the next hardest, etc. It took me lots of practice to get to the medium level songs. I do recommend getting the game pad at home, it's lots of fun, and you won't be self conscious since no one is watching.
I also have a couple of songs I know I can nail everytime, so when I keep messing up on hard songs, I go back to them to make myself feel good :) It's great exercise as well.
Gosh, I love this game!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:15 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

One bad thing is that you don't really know how well you play if you do it at home. I've been playing for four years, so I do have a bit of experience.

Don't buy a metal pad, unless you plan on playing for a long time. They're a pain to clean, the metal is unfinished; you'll get cuts all over your hands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:08 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

YesItIsh wrote:
And once you get good enough and can't beat anything else, take a long long break.

That's when you go play ITG.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:06 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Soujiro wrote:
YesItIsh wrote:
And once you get good enough and can't beat anything else, take a long long break.

That's when you go play ITG.

Yeah, ITG is nuts, and Double Expert is tiring and can get rather confusing. (Darn you Anubis/Zodiac Double EXpert! I always die in the middle) As if single wasn't bad enough. xD
Yeah, if you get tired of DDR give ITG a try, song nice songs and steps to boot!

"How are you?"
The letter from her stopped suddenly..

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2