Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Pokemon Battle Royale--Lock Please (Signups)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:04 am 

Pokemon Battle Royale!!

Concept

The idea of this game is simple: Be one of the last few Trainers standing in a humongous Pokemon battle. You'll be sorted onto a team, and you'll have to figure out what Pokemon your opponents have, and what attacks they are planning to use to win the battle. Believe me, it's more complicated than it seems, but not insanely complicated.

Turns

This game runs on a turn system, with each turn ending at 8:00 NST. Before the end of the turn, you need to send me a PM with whatever attack you choose, and its target. Note that your target is the PLAYER, but the attack will hit his/her first Pokemon. So, if I had a Charmander and Ash wanted to use Water Gun on me with his Squirtle, he would send a PM saying "use Squirtle's water gun on Theonlysaneone."

In this PM, you can also do other things, like use items or ask questions. Items will be discussed later.

Attacks and Attack Order

When I get an attack PM, it goes on a list. This list is the order of attacks, which sort of functions as a speed stat. It's not too important to get on top of this list, but it can help, especially if you think your pokemon might faint before it can attack. Also, some effects change based on when you attack. Some attacks will also automatically go at the beginning of the turn, or cause your opponent to go at the end of his next turn.

Damage

I'm sure you guys can figure this one out. When you're hit with an attack, you will take damage based on the power of the attack. So a 30 power Normal attack would do 30 damage to practically anyone. There is no same type attack bonus in this game.

However, weaknesses and resistances DO apply, exactly as they do in the game. So, in the previous example, Ash used Water Gun on my Charmander. Water Gun does 20 damage, but Charmander, a Fire Pokemon, is weak against it, so the damage doubles to 40. If it had been a Dratini instead, resistant to water, it would have halved the damage to 10. If an attack does not affect another Pokemon, it does nothing to it, regardless of modifiers.

After weaknesses and resistances are applied, there are certain modifiers that you can use to increase or decrease the power of attacks. They might be items, attacks, or stat conditions. You'll just have to wait and see all of them, but if you have one, you'll know it, and it will be well explained how to use it.

One of these modifiers is the Critical Hit. Every attack you use has a 20% chance of landing a Critical Hit, which doubles the damage done.

By the way, all damage is rounded UP to the nearest 10, at the very end (after modifiers and everything).

Abilities

These are innate powers that every Pokemon has that affect the way it battles. You don't need to worry about these unless they say you do; they'll take effect on their own. If an ability tells you to do something, just do it in the same PM you use to attack.

Also, it may be to your advantage to keep these abilities secret. They can definitely turn the tide of battle later.

Switching

After your first turn, the Pokemon you attacked with is stuck out there in battle. If you want to bring it back in, for whatever reason, you must switch instead of attacking. You'll lose that turn, and the new Pokemon will be the target of all attakcs directed against you.

Switching automatically takes effect at the very beginning of the turn.

Health

When you take damage, your HP drops by that amount. Such a novel idea. If your HP hits 0, your Pokemon faints. It stops growing levels, it cannot be switched into battle, and you must use another Pokemon to fight. If you lose a Pokemon in a turn, you are immune to the rest of the attacks targetted against you. If a Legendary Pokemon is fainted (yes there will be some given out), it cannot be revived and disappears forever. However, other Pokemon can be revived using items.

Status Conditions

There are several status conditions that can affect you in the game. Here are a few of them:

Poison: causes you to lose 1/10 of your total HP every turn (rounded up). DOES affect you while not in battle.
Burn: same as Poison, but does NOT affect you while not in battle. Causes your attacks to do 10 less damage.
Paralysis: causes you to be unable to attack 50% of the time.
Asleep: causes you to be unable to attack until you wake up. You DO attack when you wake up, so continue to send attack PMs while you have this. You can also be switched.

You will discover more, so if you have a question about how one works, just ask.

Items

Items can be gotten several ways. You can win them as prizes in contests, buy them from the Store, or just find them randomly. Items are used at the beginning of the turn, but are included in your attack PM. You can only use one item per turn.

Money

To buy items from the Store, you need money. Everyone will start with $1000, and gain $200 per day. When you defeat someone's Pokemon, you'll get money from them equal to that Pokemon's level x100. That only applies if you land the finishing strike. If you land the finishing strike against their LAST Pokemon, you get all of their money, and they are permanently eliminated from the game.

To buy something from the Store, post in the THREAD. You will buy it immediately. Items go on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once enough items are bought, the Shop will restock with better items.

Levels

The last part of this guide. Every turn, all of your unfainted Pokemon will gain a level. In addition, any Pokemon who land a finishing strike against another Pokemon will gain another level. Once you reach certain levels, you will gain moves or evolve. When you evolve, all of your moves are replaced with stronger versions, you gain more HP, you are fully healed, and you lose any status conditions. Needless to say, that's a good goal to strive for. It might take a while, though.

The rest of the game will be explained as you go along. Good luck, and be active on the thread too!

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Last edited by theonlysaneone on Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:48 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:59 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Sounds fun to me :D
I don't think I get the rules very well though....

ImageImage[/url]Image
neopets→hikaru_shineImage
Flyff (Mia)→HikaruKi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:51 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Sign me up! As long as it's not overly horrificly complicated 0:)

ImageImage

Boom-shaka-laka! Rawr come and join us in the Randomness
Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:59 pm 

Anoohilator wrote:
Sign me up! As long as it's not overly horrificly complicated 0:)

It won't be. There's actually not a lot to it for individual players. If you've ever played a Pokemon game before (especially the card game) then it'll come easily to you.

Also, I'll make the rules a lot more clear later, so don't worry about that :)

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:11 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Whoo! i'm in for any pokemon game. prepare to observe my insane netbattle skills!

Losers are those who do not try

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:41 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
I'll sign up. :)

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:34 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Do EV spreads, natures and held items come into account? :P

Sign me up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:24 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
theonlysaneone wrote:
The hardest part of this game will be figuring out what Pokemon your opponents have in the first place. You see, you will be attacking players, not individual Pokemon. However, there are many ways to find out what Pokemon they have...

So we call out attacks without mentioning what our Pokemon are?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:33 pm 

CWisgood wrote:
Do EV spreads, natures and held items come into account? :P

Sign me up.

LOL, no. That would be way too complicated. I will have leveling up, and learning new moves, as well as evolution. And there will be items and small contests. And gym leader battles.

Also, most of the actual attacking will be through PM. Most of the time, when you're attacked, you'll know what pokemon hit you and with what attack, but not who the owner is. It'll play out similarly to a team-based WW game, where everyone will send in their attacks and other stuff to me, and I'll post what happens on the thread. Then the thread will be used for discussion, theory, bragging, etc.

The game will probably start out with weak attacks and not much killing, and ifnish up with a legendary/super strong pokemon battle.

Here's a sneak preview of the teams I'm planning to put together (if I can get enough people <_<):

Team Aqua (leader, 2 grunts)
Team Magma (leader, 2 grunts)
Jessie/James
Hometown Heroes (Brendan, May, Wally)
Route Trainers
Steven (o_0)

The game will start when I get enough people (16-18), if that ever happens.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:10 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I'm willing to give anything a go. :) Sign me up.

Click the wonderful signature. You know you want to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:03 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Quoth the Murkrow: 'Count me in!'

ImageImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:38 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Pixa wrote:
I'm willing to give anything a go. :) Sign me up.

*keeps that in mind*

ImageImage

Boom-shaka-laka! Rawr come and join us in the Randomness
Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:36 am 

That's 8 people, then :( Unfortunately, I'll need 18-20 people for this to work the way I envisioned it. If enough people express interest, then I'll do it, but if not...

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:03 am 
PPT God
PPT God

What the heck, I never play these things, but I'll sign up!

Mind you, I'll be busy from the 16th - 28th of October (prep for exams, then yearly exams), but I'll try to be active! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:08 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Hmmm.

*signs up*

Hehehe.

(Steal the rhythm while you can.)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next