Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:25 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

ugh, i get the impression this activity is like restocking, only with no obvious profit. I managed to get eight in the last half hour or so, though!

So, now we have not only disturbed the rest of countless dead neopians and mixed their remains together in large piles, be we're also defacing their tombstones and messing up the caretaker's records. All in the name of Hallowe'en vandalism! :D

Oh, everyone thinks I'm crazy, just 'cause I try to warn people about the face-sucking aliens headed for Earth. Yeah, laugh now, have your face sucked off later. When the aliens come, I'll be the only one left with a face, and I'll be using that face to laugh at all of you, even though I'll be sad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:49 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

FINALLY. I got one! :o After trying all danged night!

Now that I've figured out the whole process, I think I'll be able to do it again. Maybe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:54 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

By the way, if you're not already using the coordinate system to teleport to the rear of the graveyard, look at the end of the URL while you're in a graveyard.

From there, try to determine how many columns/rows you would have to jump to make it to the back. Also make note of where the entrance coordinates are located. And when you do this, make sure you are in direct, unobstucted line of sight from where you want to go, or else it won't work.

I assume this is why people can mark graves so fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:57 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

forcesinbalance wrote:
Something caught my eye in one of the books and amused me.

Evidently "Will Whedon" is a pink Lenny who died on the 3rd of Sleeping in Year 8. It's not quite a match, but now I have a picture of an annoying pink Lenny in a Starfleet Ensign's uniform.

(Yeah, obviously the names are random. It's 2:00 AM here, and I'm punchy. :) )

That name reminded me of the same thing. It was close enough to wonder if they did it on purpose, and then every name I looked at started to seem suspiciously familiar. Then I realized I was being stupid, and the names werent familiar at all.

By the way, I keep looking at these graves, and theyre beginning to resemble washing machines or toilets all lined up.
Its gotten weird to look at. Maybe I should stop my fruitless attempts at marking one for tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:00 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

You could be right. I mean, we do have spooky toilets in the game, plus, what else would explain the sheer amount of "doughnuts" and "sludgies" we found in there?

Oh wait, I'm probably not helping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:07 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

weirdguy wrote:
By the way, if you're not already using the coordinate system to teleport to the rear of the graveyard, look at the end of the URL while you're in a graveyard.

To save me trawling through the boards, how do we do this again?
Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:14 am 

by the way, do we actually get anything out of this step, ive done around 10 in my own graveyard and its getting a bit boring.

Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get 8 cats to pull a sled through deep snow in the freezing cold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:20 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Katdragon wrote:
weirdguy wrote:

To save me trawling through the boards, how do we do this again?
Thanks!

I would not, if I were you. It's cheating. I'm not sure if the programmers know people are doing it yet, but they will by the morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:28 am 

there is also a way to have a whole graveyard to yourself, if you feel that it is not cheating, by looking through your history on your computer(if you have it) to a very old graveyard, one that we did in the grave digging. Then Copy the name of that graveyard in the url.
Then go back to a currently active graveyard, and make your own url by replacing the name of the graveyard. Voila! Your own graveyard!

It has worked countless times for me

Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get 8 cats to pull a sled through deep snow in the freezing cold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:32 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

That is so very cheating, and you're going to get yourself frozen if you keep that up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:38 am 

Well if its the only way for people with a slow internet connection, then i dont think its cheating.
The people who are getting the graves the normal way will have an UNFAIR advantage because they have fast internet connections. That would make THEM cheaters and if doing it my way is cheating then we are both cheaters and it makes no difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:43 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Well, I have a fast internet connexion and a fast computer, but I too can't mark any graves.

I managed to mark about 13 graves yesterday before many people noticed a new plot part had come out and before it got so hard.

I think I'll just skip this part now though. I need to study for my upcomming tests and this takes too much time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:45 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

~Will~ wrote:
Well if its the only way for people with a slow internet connection, then i dont think its cheating.
The people who are getting the graves the normal way will have an UNFAIR advantage because they have fast internet connections. That would make THEM cheaters and if doing it my way is cheating then we are both cheaters and it makes no difference.

Erm, TNT are the ones making it 'easier' for people with faster Internet connections to get to the unmarked graves faster, whereas you are giving yourself the unfair advantage. If someone with a fast Internet connection changed the URL to get into an un-opened graveyard would you consider that cheating?

Thanks to my SS :)
Sparkle, Sparkle :>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:46 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:

Hee! That argument is ridiculous. TNT has always, always frowned on manipulating URLs and doing anything that gets you an advantage over other users (and making your own empty graveyard definitely falls in that category). We'll just wait and see what happens when the programmers get back to the office in the morning, hm?

Will, if you're so positive you're not cheating... what's your neo username?

Last edited by Cranberry on Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:46 am 

It seems every graveyard I go in is done is there any way to find out if new ones will come up. or non cheating breaking the rules way to find graveyards that arnt done?cause I coulda swore we dug up alot more than whats being shown.

I have all my premium invites to give out so pm me to find out more!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next