Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:04 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Sily you could be doing what I was doing, which is clicking on an untaken grave but assuming it'd been marked by someone else when you saw the red cross... I did that for ages.

I'm getting quite good at this now, just managed my 7th! (:P it's good for me!)

I may stay late at work tonight to do more... it's kind of fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:21 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

_ei wrote:
Sily you could be doing what I was doing, which is clicking on an untaken grave but assuming it'd been marked by someone else when you saw the red cross... I did that for ages.

Wait a minute.......if I click on one that doesn't have an x but has one once the page loads, how do I know if it is taken then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:33 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Casi wrote:
_ei wrote:

Wait a minute.......if I click on one that doesn't have an x but has one once the page loads, how do I know if it is taken then?

It will say "This grave has already been marked" if it's taken. If not, it will say, "It looks like no one has marked this grave!" or something like that...the wording's not exact, but it's something along those lines.

I didn't realize that a red x didn't necessarily mean the grave had been taken for a while either. Now I don't feel so stupid. :oops: Just pay attention to the text at the bottom, Casi! That red x could be your OWN. :lol: That's what I didn't realize at first: if you click on an unmarked grave, it gets marked as "yours" and a red x appears, but you still need to go look up the name.

Last edited by TiCup on Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:33 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

i can't seem to find an unmarked :| blah! *slow dial up here*

I'm married!!! June 2, 2007! AND!!! We're having a baby! Due April 19, 2008!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:35 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I mean when you click on the grave itself, the screen it takes you to shows a the headstone itself with the text on it.

Underneath the text will either say "Somebody else has marked this grave" or it'll say "nobody seems to have marked this grave, better go and look it up"... or something....

Both images have a red X drawn onto the gravestone so it can be confusing

(nb, the above are paraphrased and not direct quotes)

I'll get some screen shots if I mark any graves later on today...

Am I making more sense now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:35 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

TiCup wrote:
Casi wrote:
_ei wrote:

It will say "This grave has already been marked" if it's taken. If not, it will say, "It looks like no one has marked this grave!" or something like that...the wording's not exact, but it's something along those lines.

I didn't realize that a red x didn't necessarily mean the grave had been taken for a while either. Now I don't feel so stupid. :oops:

the ones that look untaken have all been taken by the time I clicked. I was hoping that you were going to say if it gave a name and date of death it was untaken. I have never given up on a plot, but I may have to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:42 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Casi wrote:
the ones that look untaken have all been taken by the time I clicked. I was hoping that you were going to say if it gave a name and date of death it was untaken. I have never given up on a plot, but I may have to.

A lot of people seem to have given up on marking graves for various reasons (dialup etc), but I don't think if you miss this step you have to quit the plot altogether. I'm sure there will be lots of other things to do after we finally figure out who the spirit of slumber is...a lot of people have been saying this step is a bunch of busy work, just a way to kill time before the next step.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:52 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

What I mostly do now is wait till a really big graveyard comes up (I usually wait for the one where you can walk straight from beginning to end, with the graves being above and below your path)
When one comes up I click like mad to reach the graves farthest away. Most people will try to grab a grave as soon as they see an unmarked one. By clicking even further your chanses of actually getting one are a little bigger. It works for me, I'm always to late with the smaller grave yards due to having to watch where I click to "walk" around the graves. This way I can just go click, click, click untill I'm quite far into the graveyard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:53 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Isnt there a time out if you've already marked a grave? I've tried and tried and tried but all the graves are marked..it's frustrating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:08 pm 

I think is the TNT who is having a big problem is. There are a LOT of marked graves and many graveyards, the process of marking a grave and checking with the books is very easy, providing you actually FIND an unmarked grave, which is extremly hard with a good DSL or Cable connection imagine the challenge with a Dial Up connection. I think the TNT is not "updating" as fast as they should the graveyards, been there for a long time and it takes a lot for them to remove a graveyard and put new ones. Unless by some strange reason people mark the graves and then just wander around and comeback when they feel like it and check out their graves... o_O

The best thing about teamwork is that you always have someone else to blame...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:10 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

What's worked for me so far is I refresh the graveyard list page a bunch, then when new graveyards come up I click the one second from the bottom. Sometimes I'm late; if all the graves in my immediate field of vision have been marked when I enter, I go back out. By the time I click to a place where there are unmarked graves (if there actually are any stil there), those unmarked graves will have been marked! If I happen to find a graveyard with unmarked graves, I click to the nearest group of unmarked graves. If you're quick enough, you can catch them that way. It's worked well for me (I've done thirteen tonight, but I was only trying hard for a period of about two or three hours).

Azzie wrote:
Isnt there a time out if you've already marked a grave? I've tried and tried and tried but all the graves are marked..it's frustrating.

You mean like in the last step where there was a "cool down" period after you dug one up? I don't think so. I was able to do two graves one right after the other at one point...usually, though, by the time I've found an unmarked grave, gone back to the vault, found the name and crossed it off, all the other graves are taken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:15 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

did try that tactic and it worked twice. i'm done thought, i think i have better things to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:20 pm 

Is anyone else getting to the point where they are totally hacked off???
5 hourse of trying and every single graveyard is full. I have been refreshing like mad and not one gravestone have I seen unmarked...

Man I'm mifffed with this whole plot.... It _________ aaahhh!!!

Does anyone have a real solid plan of action that works. I'd be glad to get just one grave.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/ ... /masig.png

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:27 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I finally got one on my account. I went to my daughter's comp to try to get one for her. Her comp is slower and I didn't think she would be able to do it. Twice I clicked on graves and was told I already had one lol. I was trying way too fast I guess. Finally got one for her too. I think I will stop at one on each account. I am quickly losing my sanity lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:28 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Location: in your microwave. no don't press that button TNT nooooooooo!!!!!
abbadonelysium wrote:
Is anyone else getting to the point where they are totally hacked off???
5 hourse of trying and every single graveyard is full. I have been refreshing like mad and not one gravestone have I seen unmarked...

Man I'm mifffed with this whole plot.... It _________ aaahhh!!!

Does anyone have a real solid plan of action that works. I'd be glad to get just one grave.
Same here if I could just get 1 I would be fine :cry:

Image "I would fight for myself and love only myself. If all other people exist to magnify that love, then there is no more splendid world than this one."Gaara of the sand

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next