Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:44 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

~Will~ wrote:
erm, am i the only one who cannot see anything new in the walkthrough section???? All i can see is the potion making, then it just stops?!?!? Help

I don't think that's been updated yet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:59 pm 

I can't find the asylum. The only thing clickable in Neovia is the old shack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:12 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I clicked the mouse on the picture of Neovia, then tabbed until the shack was targeted, then tab one more time and hit ENTER. This will take you to the Sanitorium.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:14 pm 

What if, that on my Mac, i cannot tab? Does anyone know of the specific location of the link? Any help would be greatly apprieciated.

Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get 8 cats to pull a sled through deep snow in the freezing cold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:34 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

The foggy area encircled by the red circle in the picture below is where you should be clicking. The URL for that link is http://www.neopets.com/halloween/hwp/asylum.phtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:43 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

~Will~ wrote:
What if, that on my Mac, i cannot tab? Does anyone know of the specific location of the link? Any help would be greatly apprieciated.

I suggest reading the Asylum thread as well. That's where most of the info on this stage is located.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:39 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

This step was too easy! I was looking forward to spending all night banging my head against the wall trying to figure out some ridiculously complicated step! :P
But I guess I shouldn't complain about something being too easy after all that potion making.
The Monty Python reference cracked me up! :roflol:
I loved the zomutt too, since I have one, and I collect zomutt pictures. *is a dork*

Jussy wrote:
Maybe.. (Speculation)
The krawk is Mr. Alexander, and was sent to try helping the patients with this miracle cure.. The cure did the trick, so the krawk left after the three days at the asylum.. He then headed to Neovia itself, to sell off this miracle potion, without knowing that it had really bad side effects.. By then, it was too late, and people started turning to mutants and the asylum patients went even more crazy, so the krawk had to escape..

But that doesn't explain why the people in Neovia disappeared to start off with..

But that would be backwards, wouldn't it? The way I understand it, the people of Neovia disappeared after Mr. Krawley gave them the potion, and the spirit of slumber "cured" them. Thus most of the staff of the asylum were gone, so they send for help, then Dr. Alexander showed up.

I'm thinking that after having his fun in Neovia, Mr. Krawley went to the asylum to wreak havoc, giving the inmates his potion.

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:52 pm 

how do I get back to the front page and where do I find the closet thing with the zombies?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:43 am 

Meer wrote:
This step was too easy! I was looking forward to spending all night banging my head against the wall trying to figure out some ridiculously complicated step! :P
But I guess I shouldn't complain about something being too easy after all that potion making.
The Monty Python reference cracked me up! :roflol:
I loved the zomutt too, since I have one, and I collect zomutt pictures. *is a dork*

Jussy wrote:
Maybe.. (Speculation)
The krawk is Mr. Alexander, and was sent to try helping the patients with this miracle cure.. The cure did the trick, so the krawk left after the three days at the asylum.. He then headed to Neovia itself, to sell off this miracle potion, without knowing that it had really bad side effects.. By then, it was too late, and people started turning to mutants and the asylum patients went even more crazy, so the krawk had to escape..

But that doesn't explain why the people in Neovia disappeared to start off with..

But that would be backwards, wouldn't it? The way I understand it, the people of Neovia disappeared after Mr. Krawley gave them the potion, and the spirit of slumber "cured" them. Thus most of the staff of the asylum were gone, so they send for help, then Dr. Alexander showed up.

I'm thinking that after having his fun in Neovia, Mr. Krawley went to the asylum to wreak havoc, giving the inmates his potion.

The people in Neovia turned into twisted forms of their deepest desires after taking the potion. When the Spirit "cured" them, he removed the potion's effects and made them intangible. After he removed the "cure," their twisted forms were amplified, and that's where we are right now.

Whatever happened, Krawley did NOT have the town's best interest in mind when he sold the potion to them. It's still up in the air whether he knew what would happen to them, but judging by his quick disappearance, he probably did.

As for Dr. Alexander, there's no question in my mind he's Krawley. He showed up with the elixir JUST AFTER Neovia had been "cured" by the Spirit. It's entirely possible the missing doctors were among those who had taken the elixir and then been Slumber'd.

Bear in mind the events above happened ten years ago, way before Gilly had stumbled upon Neovia or even graduated elementary school. Whoever this Lucy is has probably died by now, or is in that cell we just unlocked. I'll bet anything the purple flower is still alive, and it's probably the key to curing the elixir's effects, the "sometihng missing" Sophie mentioned. It might even be Krawley's failsafe in case anything goes wrong with the elixir.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:45 am 
PPT God
PPT God

News is up...doesn't look like there's any form of update...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:06 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Did anyone notice that this is kinda of a "mature" plot? I was thinking about the plot last night, wondering if there'd be an update today and then it hit me. This plot features some things I'd say are for adults to think about. We have a docter, experimenting his potion/medicine on patients in a asylum. We have patients in an asylum. We have patients from an asylum locking their caretakers in their cels and leavind them there to die (something tells me Lucy never made it out of her cell).

Don't get me wrong, I love this plot and I like these elements a lot. But I wonder how young children will react to these elements in the plot. I mean, these things can also happen in real life (there must have been past cases of docters experimenting on their patients)
I get the idea that this plot is aimed more at the adult players of neopets and I find that a good thing.

I don't have kids myself, so I wouldn't know how they'd react to something like this, and maybe my writings above are all nonsense, but this kinda bubbled up in my brains last night.
Any opinions on this? Am I talking nonsense or do people feel the same?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:34 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Yes, this plot is much darker than other plots. Of course, it is a Halloween plot. And no kid would have never gotten the Monty Python reference. I think, though, kids that would be somewhat scared by the whole plot are also too young to be able to solve it without some parental help. It's been awhile since I've had young children, though. (Youngest is 12).

BTW I might be stating the obvious (again) but if anyone made it to the end of this little puzzle but didn't get all of the journal pages, like me, you CAN go back and get them. Just click below the cell door to go back through.

Do you have your towel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:45 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Trilian8 wrote:
Yes, this plot is much darker than other plots. Of course, it is a Halloween plot. And no kid would have never gotten the Monty Python reference.

Remind me...what was the Monty Python reference?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:22 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

All quoted below for your convenience:

AySz88 wrote:
Alex wrote:
octochan wrote:
Officer 1BDI wrote:
Re: Anagram solution.

No wonder I missed that. Awesome reference. :roflol:

Huh, and I actually started working on the anagram too. :P What's it referencing?

Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail.

MAYNARD: It reads, ‘Here may be found the last words of Joseph of Arimathea. He who is valiant and pure of spirit may find the Holy Grail in the Castle of uuggggggh’.
ARTHUR: What?
MAYNARD: ‘... the Castle of uuggggggh’.
BEDEVERE: What is that?
MAYNARD: He must have died while carving it.
LAUNCELOT: Oh, come on!
MAYNARD: Well, that’s what it says.
ARTHUR: Look, if he was dying, he wouldn’t bother to carve ‘aaggggh’. He’d just say it!
MAYNARD: Well, that’s what’s carved in the rock!
GALAHAD: Perhaps he was dictating.

And it's possible that the "HELP I'M TRAPPED IN A ___ FACTORY" is a reference to this xkcd comic, http://www.xkcd.com/c10.html :
(but I think this might be yet another reference to something greater)

I'm pretty sure we're supposed to conclude that the krawk is the same potion guy, and all the inhabitants of Neovia disappeared on Halloween due to the Spirit of Slumber's "cure".

~Habitual over-analyzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:55 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Ah of course. I haven't watched Holy Grail in a while - though it's my favourite of the Monty Python movies.

Now I'm just getting impatient for the next part of the plot to happen!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next