Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 5:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: I know
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ellentelayna wrote:
And I am just finding out that some things are considered spamming on THIS board since I am new and everything but,please I am just trying to say my opinions,NOT offend anyone,learn from you guys,NOT trying to break the rules or change them.But,I feel that sometimes whenever someone says something you don't like or have different views on you have to jump on them and try to correct them when they don't know something or they have different views.So lol as I am saying I am just trying to say MY opinions and that is all, :D

The reason everyone is 'jumping' on you and correcting you is that ALL new members MUST read the rules before posting, so situations like this don't happen. If you read the rules, you'd know that double posting isn't allowed and we wouldn't have gotten into all of this fuss. Besides, even if this didn't hapen they're still handy to know since it'll prevent you from breaking other, more serious rules.

Most forums I've been to prohibit double posting, so I kinda got used to it after awhile.

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject: I read the rules
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:35 pm 

I DID read the rules but I guess not very carefully lol .I am sorry :oops:

:)

Post subject: Re: I read the rules
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ellentelayna wrote:
I DID read the rules but I guess not very carefully lol .I am sorry :oops:

:)

It's okay, it took me awhile to remember a few of them myself.

Anyway, let's get back on topic. There was less whining about this than I expected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:32 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I can't really have spammed, considering how long I've not been here. =P

Altuogh I do support the idea. On the old forum this was a big problem when I joined, but the Mods did something like this, and (insert poof here) we never had that problem again. (At least until Neopets took down GC.)

P.S. Fun Fact: Many people think spam is an acronym of the words "Stupid or Pointless Advertising Messages" (Or something like it). Actually, it came from the spam skit by Monty Python's Flying Circus. In the sketch, a restaurant serves all its food with lots of spam, and the waitress repeats the word several times in describing how much spam is in the items. When she does this, a group of Vikings (don't ask) in the corner start a song:

"Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, lovely spam! Wonderful spam!"

Until told to shut up.

(But I have no problem with our definition)

I'm just popping in and out. Maybe I'll be back again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, Monty Python was referring to the (somewhat disgusting) canned meat product there. How people began to interpret pointless/annoying posts as 'spam' from that skit I'm not sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:18 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

DiscordantNote wrote:
Yeah, Monty Python was referring to the (somewhat disgusting) canned meat product there. How people began to interpret pointless/annoying posts as 'spam' from that skit I'm not sure.

I don't know where the term of spam came from but it is what it is considered today, I doubt it derived from the monty python episode...who knows how internet lingo gets started up anyway...and discordantnote you must be crazy not to like spam, it is the most delicious meat ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Articfox wrote:
DiscordantNote wrote:

I don't know where the term of spam came from but it is what it is considered today, I doubt it derived from the monty python episode...who knows how internet lingo gets started up anyway...and discordantnote you must be crazy not to like spam, it is the most delicious meat ever.

I think it tastes alright, but how it looks is what's somewhat disgusting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

A little off topic, but I too love the taste of spam :D

Post subject: Spam
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:03 pm 

Yes it is a little off topic I guess....anyways <3 spam.(the food kind lol).It was interesting to learn where the word spam cam from so thanks Link!:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

On the last day of term, the form tutor was checking that the lockers were empty, and in one of them, was a year old tin of spam and an open bottle of soy sauce :P

Any way, I don't really think Spam is necessary to be deleted, all it does is up your post count, and who cares about that o_O Let the spammers care about their psot count, thinking it earns them self respect, when everybody knows they're spammers, and just treats them worse :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Matt wrote:
Any way, I don't really think Spam is necessary to be deleted, all it does is up your post count, and who cares about that o_O Let the spammers care about their psot count, thinking it earns them self respect, when everybody knows they're spammers, and just treats them worse :P

I think the spam should be deleted to save time and space on the forums. I don't know about you guys but I don't want to fish through spam in order to get to the posts and topics that really matter. Besides, spammers don't need a high post count for them to be labled as spammers, and sometimes people who post quality posts get the higher post counts. Chromefox and her old post count are a good example.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:30 pm 

Matt wrote:
On the last day of term, the form tutor was checking that the lockers were empty, and in one of them, was a year old tin of spam and an open bottle of soy sauce :P

lol!Thats funny
:roflol:

DiscordantNote
wrote:

I think the spam should be deleted to save time and space on the forums. I don't know about you guys but I don't want to fish through spam in order to get to the posts and topics that really matter. Besides, spammers don't need a high post count for them to be labled as spammers, and sometimes people who post quality posts get the higher post counts. Chromefox and her old post count are a good example.

I must agree.I mean, if you are talking to someone you don't want to search through a bunch of junk and spam.It would be hard to talk so I think spam should be deleted when seen. If you really want a high post count delete the posted message's that are not needed right after you finish posting.That way,the boards will be clean,spam-less and people can have high post counts without spamming:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:47 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ellentelayna wrote:
If you really want a high post count delete the posted message's that are not needed right after you finish posting.That way,the boards will be clean,spam-less and people can have high post counts without spamming:)

That would work, but when a post is deleted, it's deleted from your post count as well.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:03 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think it's a bigger achievement to have a high post count and be able to say proudly, "Every one of those were quality posts!" instead of having to look at it and hear people mutter that a good deal of it wasn't as good as they could have been. Other people are proud of you too, that it is possible to do that.

*shrugs* Just my thoughts on the topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Chanel wrote:
A little off topic, but I too love the taste of spam :D

Spam it's what's for dinner, just don't bite off more them you can chew.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next