Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: SSBB 3: Melancholy of SSBB [How to play on each update]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:07 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Knux pokes Roy for -3 damage

I need a new sig. >_>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:31 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Zelda slaps Roy for -3 damage.

Post subject: SSBB 3: Melancholy of SSBB [How to play on each update]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:11 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Round 4

SSBB = Super Smash Brothers Brawl
To all of those interested in joining, there are no sign ups. You can just start playing right off the bat. If you need additional help, I am here most of the time and more than willing to try to help as much as possible.

- Their caption says it best pic from a special time in every young boys life.... wait. Wrong talk.

Story as of now:
Team Sephiroth is back to looking for new members. They have cornered Kratos.
Yoshi: Yoshi? [Trans: Will you be ready for Reunion?]
Kratos: Say what?
Yoshi: Yoshi. [Trans: I’m a Jenova’s Witness, traveling these parts and spreading the word of Sephiroth.]
Kratos: So what? I thought he was just your boss.
Yoshi: Yoshi. [Trans: The great Sephiroth is many things. He is a healer and uniter. He is also a pain-giver and destroyer. And if you are very bad, he is a divider. That is how we got two Chupa-thingies.]
Kratos: Sounds like a sick sucker. Freshman! Get over and hear about this guy!
Samanosuke: Walks over. You do know we kicked Sephiroth’s butt in the war last time, right?
Yoshi: Yoshi. [Trans: The great Sephiroth is very forgiving. He will cleanse your sins with the pure bliss of Thundaja.]
Kratos: Ha-ha! Just like daddy.
Samanosuke: Yeah. Real forgiving.
Yoshi: Yoshi? [Trans: So, are you ready for Reunion?]
Kratos and Samanosuke look at Yoshi, then each other, then back to Yoshi. They get big grins.
---------------------------
Samanosuke and Kratos are calmly walking away from a dumpster. The dumpster is jumping around and screaming ‘Yoshi’.
Kratos: Great work, freshman. That must have reminded you of high school.
Samanosuke: Yeah. Stuffing jerks like you into lockers for beating up weaker students.
Kratos: I bet you got a lot of swirlies...
Samanosuke: Are you even listening to me?
Katt has stopped eating Pit but is still licking him clean of ketchup. Snake is still down.
Pit: You can get off of me so I can shower.
Leon: Cats are very clean animals. It is an honor to get cleaned by one.
Katt: Very tasty.
Pit: Please get off of me.
Sam looks down at Katt and Pit as he carries a box into the room.
Sam: Man. It has been months since I last had... never mind.
Meta Knight: I did not need to know about that. What do you have there?
Sam: Something guaranteed to cheer him up. Face paints and silly string.
Meta Knight: How is that supposed to cheer Snake up?
Sam: Ah! Watch and see. Katt, fire in the hole!
Katt looks up and dives out of the way as Sam coats pit in silly string. Pit gets up and tries yelling but gets a mouthful of silly string for his trouble.
Leon: Isn’t that toxic?
Sam: Does it matter?
Leon: I guess not.
Sam tosses away the empty can of silly string and gets out some paints. He starts decorating Pit while Leon holds the littler guy down.
Katt: Do me next!
All is going well for Sephiroth. His team is out recruiting. His allies are all working hard at their tasks. Things seem fine. Then a light starts flashing on his command console.
Sephiroth: What the heck? Simmons! What is this!
Johnson: Looks like a perimeter alarm. Someone may be trying to gain entry to the lair.
Sephiroth: Hmm. Take Carmen, Wily’s newest robot, and a Dark Trooper to investigate.
Johnson: Yes sir. Good thing I had the Warthogs rebuilt.
Sephiroth: Very. Bring out the mechs!
Carmen drives up in a Warthog. She is closely followed by a Dark Trooper and a small robot with scissors on its head.
Ridley: What the heck is that thing!
Wily: I borrowed one of my rivals models and refit him for our purposes.
Ridley: It better not try running, or it will hurt himself.
Wily: He is a very specialized design.
Ridley: For what? Cutting grade schooler’s construction paper?
Cutman scowls and hurls his blade at Ridley. Ridley squawks and flies away. The attack follows, but then returns to Cutman.
Sephiroth: Impressive. But I prefer Thundaja, Ridley squawks and drops from the ceiling smoking and twitching, myself.

0500/1700 Rule: Regardless of when the last update occurred, you may make actions after 5AM/PM your time zone. There is no need to wait for an update to make an action, but it is recommended. Any actions that break this rule will not count as a legal action and will be promptly (eventually) pointed out. If you miss one of the posting periods, you will not get an extra move. I will allow posts +5 minutes in so you don’t have to rush your action.

Preferred Attack format:[Character A] attacks [Character B] for -X damage’ [Do not forget the underline, red, and bold.]
Example attack: ‘ Sonic attacks Link for -3 damage
Example split attack: ‘ Chrono attacks a goomba for -1 damage and Ryu for -2 damage
Example weapon use: ‘ Zelda uses a Warp Star to deal -3 damage to Mr Game & Watch and Mewtwo.’
Code:
[u][Character A][/u] attacks [color=red][Character B][/color] for [b]-3 damage[/b]

Code:
[u][Character A][/u] attacks [color=red][NPC][/color] for [b]-(X) damage[/b] and [color=red][Character B][/color] for [b]-(3-X) damage[/b]

Simple Attack format:[Character A] attacks [Character B] for -X damage’ [Do not forget the bold.]
Example attack: ‘ Sonic attacks Link for-3 damage
Example split attack: ‘ Chrono attacks a goomba for -1 and Ryu for -2
Example weapon use: ‘ Zelda uses a Warp Star to deal -3 damage to Mr Game & Watch and Mewtwo
Code:
[b][Character A] attacks [Character B] for -3 Damage[/b]

Code:
[b][Character A] attacks [NPC] for -(X) damage and [Character B] for -(3-X) damage[/b]

Preferred Heal format:[Character] heals for +2 HP [Do not forget the green and bold.]
Example heal: ‘ Kirby heals for +2 HP
Code:
[color=green][Character][/color] heals for [b]+2 HP[/b]

Simple Heal format:[Character] heals for +2 HP [Do not forget the bold.]
Code:
[b][Character] heals for +2 HP[/b]

Specials follow the same format where appropriate.

Specials and weapons should be used before regular attacks can be used.

Special users can defeat one 1 or 2 HP NPC of their choice in addition to their special use (meaning without targeting the NPC with the special).

Final Smashes (FS): FS actions are powerful, character-specific moves with special effects. They can only be activated two ways and usually involve the character being removed from the game (see below) for a short time. The FS use counter does not reset until all characters have used their FS. To activate: either use a Smash Emblem or buy it with some points. Characters that still have an available FS are marked with the Yen symbol (¥)

Removed from the Game (RFG): Unlike in Magic: The Gathering, this is not a permanent effect. Characters removed from the game cannot attack or heal but cannot be targeted. They return to play after a set amount of rounds. At least three characters will remain in play at all times.

Titles: Titles basically serve no purpose except for bragging rights. You do get a minor point boost or some other bonus effect for earning them though. Some titles will be earned via the war, but most are available during regular gameplay. Some titles are even multiple use so they can be had by many players. A list of all earned titles will be kept throughout the game. At no time will it be revealed how you earned a title so it will be a better challenge to get them. Some will carry over to the next game(s), but most are once per game.

Example Titles:
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter; Metroid Prime Hunter; One-Winged Angel; Jedi Outcast

Special Character - Gogo: Due to Gogo’s unique nature, I will post his information every round. If there are any questions, PM me, and I will willingly help.
Gogo cannot attack or heal. He is active every round. He has only one special which he uses every round.
Special: Mime: *Gogo copies the last action done (the post above this use). *Gogo’s user may choose new targets. *If a special was used, Gogo receives -3 damage in addition to the special’s effects. *Cannot mime FS-es or actions in the GM’s posts. *Cannot be the first action of the round. *If Gogo is not used, he automatically heals for +1 HP each round, but he starts with 30 HP at the beginning of the game. *He counts as male for gender related contests.

Starting/Maximum HP = 50

Factions: (** = Active Ability)
Castlevania: +40 - Vampire Slayer - Characters can automatically defeat two NPCs with 1, 2, or 3 HP or defeat one 4 or 5 HP NPC in addition any other actions this round
Deep Space 9ers: +60 - Reflective Shields - All attacks directed at the members are reflected back to the attackers. Members can still attack
Dream Land: +20 - Skill Copy - Members may use any special belonging to any [Faction] member. (Check character guide or with the GM for specials)
Hyrule: +80 points - Magic Sack - Members may use any weapon unlimited times (weapon changes user after each use unless user can do unlimited attacks) (Check item guide or with the GM for items)
Independent: +0 - None (duh, they have no team)
Kongo Jungle: +20 - Monkey Friends - When a member is attacked, the attacker receives a -1 damage counterattack for every -2 damage dealt to member (counterattack is rounded down)
Mushroom Kingdom: +40 - Mega Mushroom - All members deal double damage for the rest of the round, but cannot use weapons. Negative side effects are doubled for members
Mythology: +60
Pokémon: +60 - Pokeball - A random, unused Pokeball is activated. Members are immune to the effects
Sephiroth: +50 - Summon Sephiroth - Either: a Guard Armor or Dark Trooper appear; or Sephiroth appears for the round and deals up to -20 damage distributed among the remaining characters.
Sonic: +60 - Hyper Sonic Speed - Members cannot be attacked for the rest of the round. Members may still attack.
Square Enix: +190 points - Job Change - Members may use any Dressphere that is currently not being used (Check Dressphere guide or with the GM for Dresspheres). Counts as a weapon action
Versus: +100 - Versus: Adrenaline Rush - Members may make unlimited actions. Special users may use their special twice (any given player may only use the special once)

Characters
Gogo-----------------------------33
Bracket A - Mon & Tues
Chun-li---------------------------50
Kasumi---------------------------50 ¥
Kazama Jin----------------------50 ¥
Liu Kang------------------------50 ¥
Ryu (SF)-------------------------50
Siegfried Schtauffen------------50 ¥
Sol Badguy----------------------50 ¥
Terry Bogard-------------------50 ¥
Tohno Shiki---------------------50 ¥
Yuki Akira----------------------50 ¥
Alucard--------------------------50 ¥
Jonathan and Charlotte--------50 ¥
Simon Belmont-----------------50 ¥
Soma Cruz----------------------50 ¥
Mario----------------------------49 ¥
Luigi-----------------------------50
Princess Peach------------------50
King Koopa---------------------50 ¥
Fox McCloud-------------------50 ¥
Kyle Katarn---------------------50 ¥
Master Chief--------------------45 ¥
Samus Aran---------------------50
X---------------------------------50 ¥
Zero------------------------------50 ¥
Kirby-----------------------------46 ¥
Ness------------------------------50
Saber-----------------------------50 ¥
Hayabusa Ryu------------------50
Kratos Aurion-------------------47 ¥
Kratos---------------------------50 ¥
Samanosuke---------------------50 ¥ (Wed to Fran)
Prince----------------------------50 ¥
Diddy Kong---------------------50
Donkey Kong-------------------49
Captain Falcon------------------50
Deoxys---------------------------50 ¥
Falco Lombardi-----------------50
Marth----------------------------49 ¥
Yoshi----------------------------37
Ice Climbers---------------------50
Joanna Dark---------------------50 ¥
Kite------------------------------50 ¥
Bracket B - Thur & Fri
Mr Game & Watch-------------50
Takamachi Nanoha-------------50 ¥
Wario----------------------------44
Sonic-----------------------------50 ¥
Shadow--------------------------50 ¥
Silver-----------------------------50 ¥
Knuckles-------------------------49 ¥
Tails------------------------------50 ¥
Blaze-----------------------------50 ¥
Black Mage---------------------50 ¥
Edge-----------------------------50 ¥
Tina Branford-------------------50 ¥
Aerith Gainsborough-----------50 ¥ (RFG x2)
Cloud Strife---------------------50 ¥
Squall Leonhart-----------------50 ¥
Beatrix---------------------------50
Auron----------------------------50 ¥
Yuna-----------------------------50 ¥
Rikku----------------------------50 ¥ (No attack or heal)
Paine-----------------------------50 ¥
Fran------------------------------42 (Wed to Samanosuke)
Ramza Beoulve-----------------50 ¥
Fel Fong Wong-----------------50 ¥
Chrono---------------------------50 ¥
Sora------------------------------50 ¥
Roxas----------------------------36 (RFG x4)
Geno-----------------------------50 ¥
Ganondorf-----------------------50 ¥
Jeran and Lisha-----------------50 ¥
Link------------------------------50 ¥
Sheik-----------------------------50
Roy-------------------------------44 ¥
Ryu (BoF)-----------------------47 ¥
Young Link---------------------50
Zelda-----------------------------35 ¥
Pikachu--------------------------46 ¥
Purin-----------------------------50
Nyasu (TR)---------------------50 ¥
Mewtwo-------------------------50
Pichu-----------------------------50
Plusle and Minun---------------50 ¥

NPC Stats
Goomba x5 -------------------- 1 HP

Your beloved referees - Reno of the Turks and Lieutenant Alexander Munro of Starfleet!

Eliminations (Victim, Character, Player, Round):
?? - ?? - ?? - Round ??

NPC Kills (NPC, # defeated, # sent):
Goomba - 0 - 5
Octorok - 0 - 0
Slime - 0 - 0
Koopa Troopa - 0 - 0
Spiny - 0 - 0
Deku Scrub - 0 - 0
Hammer Bros - 0 - 0
Kremling - 0 - 0
Heartless - 0 - 0
Paratroopa - 0 - 0
Redead - 0 - 0
Cactuar - 0 - 0
Like-Like - 0 - 0
Red Bubble - 0 - 0
Blue Bubble - 0 - 0
Bomb - 0 - 0
Boo - 0 - 0
Shyguy - 0 - 0
Wiggler - 0 - 0
Dodongo - 0 - 0
Lakitu - 0 - 0
Stalfos - 0 - 0
Moblin - 0 - 0
Zu - 0 - 0
Tonberry - 0 - 0
Iron Knuckle - 0 - 0
Metroid - 0 - 0
Malboro - 0 - 0
Thwomp - X - 0
Floor Master - X - 0

Points: Max = (USS Enterprise + Hugo’s Flight #) - (This year + Σ Lost’s #s) + (# of Ronin + (Manaphy - Leafia)) + Ge ± First Child’s Eva (A, J, M, V) T
Blk Mage - 281
Stinkyllama - 56
Christopher - 500 (max) (A - 0, J - 0, M - 1, V - 0) T = 4 (Free Pokeball) (See Round 0)
Noo - 313
Ryan - 205
Roxas_x - 375 (A - 0, J - 0, M - 0, V - 0) T = 0
Okamoto - 500 (max) (A - 0, J - 0, M - 0, V - 0) T = 1 (Free attack x2)
Typhoon - 150 (A - 1, J - 1, M - 0, V - 0) T = 2
MJ - 3
Puppy Lover - 32 (A - 0, J - 0, M - 0, V - 0) T = 0
Uncle Xyzzy - 253 (A - 0, J - 0, M - 0, V - 0) T = 0
L-Neko - 1
GM Choice - 90

Past Winners:
SSBM 1 - Samus of DS9ers
SSBM 2: Revenge of the Melee - Mewtwo of Team Pokémon
SSBM 3: All-Stars Unite - Roy of Team Hyrule
SSBB 1: The Brawl Begins - Rikku of Square Enix
SSBB 2: Shadows of the Brawl - Aerith of Square Enix
SSBB 3: Melancholy of SSBB - ????
SSBB 4: 100 - ????

Point Redemption

Number of FS-es Left to Use: 65

Pokémon List:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32

Summon Materia Effects:
Found here

Djinni System Information
Found here!

Character Profiles:
Found here. Enjoy!

Game Notes:
Changes made in SSBB 1 here. Enjoy!
Changes made in SSBB 2 here. Enjoy!
Changes made in SSBB 3 here. Enjoy!
Previous HRB Rules. Not valid for use. Will repost.
Request Info! - Down for now
How to Gogo - Enjoy!

Game Site:
Overall, found here.
Preview movies at the bottom of the first column.

Round 4 Announcements:
1: Brackets will sooner than expected.
2: I hope you liked the commercial parodies. They are really fun to write. If you have suggestions, feel free to PM me. I will be doing more of the ‘who’s greatest’ discussions since they are pretty fun to write. Drools over the idea of more Mac vs PC commercials.
3: Read me! Or at least the ones written by your beloved GM
4: Rule refresher - Brackets: There are too many characters. To make things easier, I divide the characters into different groups to reduce the strain on all of us. This time I just randomly arranged the Factions and then divided the Independents. Nothing fancy.
5: New Character - Roxas: Just some punk copy of Sora. Ignore him... Okay. There is more to him than just that. A powerful fighter, despite being a Nobody, Roxas can handle most foes with his twin Keyblades. Now, he teams up with his other self in the fight against the Heartless in the SSBB Arena.
6: New Character - Kratos Aurion: The best Angel in Derris-Kharlan and father of the legendary hero Lloyd. (Oi, the dad has the cooler name then the hero!) Though his loyalties remained a mystery until the end, he did what he thought was best and helped bring peace to the world. Did Saber to right adding him to her team?
7: New Character - Kazama Jin: A top-tier fighter and current ruler of the Mishima Zaibatsu. He fought his way to the top with iron determination. Despite attempts to control his devil gene and his battle against the Mishima Zaibatsu, Jin has given in and conquered his former enemy. Can he really be trusted on Team Versus?
8: Those with an opinion on when the war shall be held may contact me. I am estimating somewhere on the order of 1.5-2 months from the start of August. For what I have in store, the earlier we start, the more time would be spent on the event. The later we start, the more war exclusive characters that would be available. Double-edged sword. Play with it nicely.
9: In the gruesome business that this is, I must inform of the point reclamation services that I will soon provide. Those on the chopping block are indicated by lack of Djinni and title data by their names. I’ll say they have until Wed 25/07 at 12 PM PST to inform me of their intention to play. If you do not intend to join in, there is no need to contact me.
10: Stages come every Wednesday in the PST. Last time we did them all once. I hope to get some repeats besides GS this game.
11: NPCs are back! Fun.

This Round's Weapons:
1 Cloaking Device: After use, Character cannot be damaged for the round, but only deals -1 damage. Cannot be Thrown

This Round's Dresspheres (Square Enix only!):
1 Mime - Mime: After use, Sphere user takes no action for the rest of the round, but copies the last move that was made before the start of the next round. Cannot mime FS users.

This Round's Specials:
1) Wario: Wario Waft: -2 damage to two characters. Targets cannot attack or heal for the rest of the round. Cannot target special users.
2) Kratos A: Grave Blade: -10 damage to one character. Target cannot attack or heal for the rest of the round. Can target special users. Kratos A cannot attack or heal for the next two next rounds
3) Samanosuke: Tenso: -3 damage to two characters
4) Roy: Blazer: -4 damage to one character
FS: None

This Round's Stage:
Corneria: Arwing backup! -4 damage to three characters who took no action this round

This Round's Mini-game:
None

This Round's NPCs:
5 Goomba: 1/0 HP. +1 point when defeated. Deals -1 damage to one character each at the end of the round. They only appear for one round.

This Round's Faction Ability:
None

Quick but important poll!
If you want to be polled (no need to enter), please post what time zone you are in, based on GMT. I am in PST which is GMT -8. This way I can keep track of double posts better. Thank you!

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:17 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Get Iron

Kratos Aurion uses Grave Blade on Yoshi for -10 damage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:45 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Roy blazes Yoshi for -4 damage

Goomba splodes.

Last edited by Christopher on Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:14 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Get: Iron - Kazuma Jin's description

Light didn't post the where.

Teams appear to be...

Typhoon, Roxas

VS

Skynetmain, Light, Christopher

Samanosuke gets tense and thwacks Roy and Sonic for -3 damage.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:59 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

King Koopa attacks Yoshi for -3 damage

and Awwwwh.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:17 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yoshi cloaks himself with a device.

*thwack Sky for bad Roxas description*

I need a new sig. >_>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:18 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I notice GM choice has no Djinni info.

Are they playing? :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Roxas_X wrote:
Yoshi cloaks himself with a device.

*thwack Sky for bad Roxas description*

User changed to (doesn't really matter since I see how the game is going) due to Yoshi being unable to make actions after Kratos blasted him. I did put the cloak out there in hopes that someone would get it on Yoshi early enough.

Thank you for the thwack. I knew I was going to post something very horrible about Roxas and would not do him justice.

Uncle Xyzzy wrote:
I notice GM choice has no Djinni info.

Are they playing? :D

It would be improper of me to claim Djinni for my own since I know where they are hidden. It is the same reason I do not pick any other Pokemon except Lucky when no one makes an entry. It would just be unfair to the players in the house held all of the cards instead of just most of them.

Lastly, Ty, I help out whichever side I wish as long as it is fun. More fun means less dead worlds populated with giants of light smashing everything. Now stand aside. I have to make Saber more moe then she already is. Runs off wearing his 'Brigade Leader' armband.

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Post subject: SSBB 3: Melancholy of SSBB [How to play on each update]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:30 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Round 5

SSBB = Super Smash Brothers Brawl
To all of those interested in joining, there are no sign ups. You can just start playing right off the bat. If you need additional help, I am here most of the time and more than willing to try to help as much as possible.

- After DK, Yoshi moved to his next victim... pic from magic. Okay? Magic!

Story as of now:
The Goombas chomp Terry, Cloud, Link, and Zero for -1 damage each. Fox and Falco wave to their friends as Krystal, Peppy, and Slippy blast Diddy, Fei, and Ness for -3 damage each. Marth is standing back watching the others try recruiting everyone. Deoxys is hovering nearby.
Marth: Why the heck do they do that?
Deoxys: ~Do what?~
Marth: Try to pressure the others into joining us. Just why?
Deoxys: ~They must believe it helps somehow.~
Marth: But Sephiroth came to us. We didn’t recruit the others.
Yoshi: Yoshi! [Trans: Reunion!]
Marth: Plus, I don’t think the others are all there, if you follow me.
Deoxys: Watches Captain Falcon and Falco chase Shiki as they try recruiting him. ~I do not think the only ones Sephiroth can recruit are the ones who’s mental faculties are not to par, just that, with few exceptions, those are all who joined.~
Yoshi jumps on DK’s back and starts doing weird things while yelling about ‘Reunion’. Wario tries sneaking past, but Yoshi leaps after him.
Marth: Come on. Let’s go stop him before he gets sued for harassment like Reno is.
The face paints have failed... on Snake. Katt, however, loves her new red and blue paint job and is crawling across the ceiling by her claws. Montblanc comes out of his office.
Montblanc: What the kupo are you doing!
Katt: I am Spiderman!
Montblanc: Kupo...
Sam: Painted like a ‘have a nice day’ smile. Whispering. I think she saved Mary Jane a little too much already.
Montblanc: Kupo?
Sam nods towards a bag of catnip on the table. Pit comes out of the bathroom washing his face.
Pit: There. Got it all of the damn paint off.
Pit sits down, not noticing the mural of Meta Knight whooping Kirby on his back.
Montblanc: Have all you done these past few days is draw on each other, kupo?
Meta Knight: It was all an effort to cheer Snake up.
Montblanc: Snake is down! We need him at his best! He is out best, kupo-ing draw! Get him back to par or else.
Montblanc scurries back to his office.
Leon: Painted like Gene Simmons. What is he talking about?
Meta Knight: I didn’t sign anything!
Sam: Well, we still should get Snake feeling better. Any ideas?
Colonel Johnson, Carmen, and Cutman are zooming along in their Warthog. The Dark Trooper is jogging behind them. Colonel Johnson is at the mounted gun.
Carmen: Is Sephiroth always like this?
Johnson: Nah. He is usually much meaner.
Cutman: And Ridley?
Johnson: Nah. He is usually that dumb... or dumber.
Cutman: So you are the only one competent person under Sephiroth?
Johnson: Well, actually...
The Warthog starts spinning out of control. It eventually crashes into the wall at a T-junction. The Dark Trooper has stopped back where the skid started.
Cutman: What was that?
Carmen: I didn’t see anything.
Johnson: This is further out than the alert. This has to be...
Energy blasts starts raining in on the group
Johnson: A trap! Carmen, get us out of here! I’ll cover us.
Carmen: The vehicle won’t start!
Johnson: Then take cover and get this thing repaired.
Colonel Johnson starts returning fire.

0500/1700 Rule: Regardless of when the last update occurred, you may make actions after 5AM/PM your time zone. There is no need to wait for an update to make an action, but it is recommended. Any actions that break this rule will not count as a legal action and will be promptly (eventually) pointed out. If you miss one of the posting periods, you will not get an extra move. I will allow posts +5 minutes in so you don’t have to rush your action.

Preferred Attack format:[Character A] attacks [Character B] for -X damage’ [Do not forget the underline, red, and bold.]
Example attack: ‘ Sonic attacks Link for -3 damage
Example split attack: ‘ Chrono attacks a goomba for -1 damage and Ryu for -2 damage
Example weapon use: ‘ Zelda uses a Warp Star to deal -3 damage to Mr Game & Watch and Mewtwo.’
Code:
[u][Character A][/u] attacks [color=red][Character B][/color] for [b]-3 damage[/b]

Code:
[u][Character A][/u] attacks [color=red][NPC][/color] for [b]-(X) damage[/b] and [color=red][Character B][/color] for [b]-(3-X) damage[/b]

Simple Attack format:[Character A] attacks [Character B] for -X damage’ [Do not forget the bold.]
Example attack: ‘ Sonic attacks Link for-3 damage
Example split attack: ‘ Chrono attacks a goomba for -1 and Ryu for -2
Example weapon use: ‘ Zelda uses a Warp Star to deal -3 damage to Mr Game & Watch and Mewtwo
Code:
[b][Character A] attacks [Character B] for -3 Damage[/b]

Code:
[b][Character A] attacks [NPC] for -(X) damage and [Character B] for -(3-X) damage[/b]

Preferred Heal format:[Character] heals for +2 HP [Do not forget the green and bold.]
Code:
[color=green][Character][/color] heals for [b]+2 HP[/b]

Simple Heal format:[Character] heals for +2 HP [Do not forget the bold.]
Code:
[b][Character] heals for +2 HP[/b]

Specials follow the same format where appropriate.

Specials and weapons should be used before regular attacks can be used.

Special users can defeat one 1 or 2 HP NPC of their choice in addition to their special use (meaning without targeting the NPC with the special).

Final Smashes (FS): FS actions are powerful, character-specific moves with special effects. They can only be activated two ways and usually involve the character being removed from the game (see below) for a short time. The FS use counter does not reset until all characters have used their FS. To activate: either use a Smash Emblem or buy it with some points. Characters that still have an available FS are marked with the Yen symbol (¥)

Removed from the Game (RFG): Unlike in Magic: The Gathering, this is not a permanent effect. Characters removed from the game cannot attack or heal but cannot be targeted. They return to play after a set amount of rounds. At least three characters will remain in play at all times.

Titles: Titles basically serve no purpose except for bragging rights. You do get a minor point boost or some other bonus effect for earning them though. Some titles will be earned via the war, but most are available during regular gameplay. Some titles are even multiple use so they can be had by many players. A list of all earned titles will be kept throughout the game. At no time will it be revealed how you earned a title so it will be a better challenge to get them. Some will carry over to the next game(s), but most are once per game.

Example Titles:
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter; Metroid Prime Hunter; One-Winged Angel; Jedi Outcast

Special Character - Gogo: Due to Gogo’s unique nature, I will post his information every round. If there are any questions, PM me, and I will willingly help.
Gogo cannot attack or heal. He is active every round. He has only one special which he uses every round.
Special: Mime: *Gogo copies the last action done (the post above this use). *Gogo’s user may choose new targets. *If a special was used, Gogo receives -3 damage in addition to the special’s effects. *Cannot mime FS-es or actions in the GM’s posts. *Cannot be the first action of the round. *If Gogo is not used, he automatically heals for +1 HP each round, but he starts with 30 HP at the beginning of the game. *He counts as male for gender related contests.

Starting/Maximum HP = 50

Factions: (** = Active Ability)
Castlevania: +40 - Vampire Slayer - Characters can automatically defeat two NPCs with 1, 2, or 3 HP or defeat one 4 or 5 HP NPC in addition any other actions this round
Deep Space 9ers: +60 - Reflective Shields - All attacks directed at the members are reflected back to the attackers. Members can still attack
Dream Land: +20 - Skill Copy - Members may use any special belonging to any [Faction] member. (Check character guide or with the GM for specials)
Hyrule: +80 points - Magic Sack - Members may use any weapon unlimited times (weapon changes user after each use unless user can do unlimited attacks) (Check item guide or with the GM for items)
Independent: +0 - None (duh, they have no team)
Kongo Jungle: +20 - Monkey Friends - When a member is attacked, the attacker receives a -1 damage counterattack for every -2 damage dealt to member (counterattack is rounded down)
Mushroom Kingdom: +40 - Mega Mushroom - All members deal double damage for the rest of the round, but cannot use weapons. Negative side effects are doubled for members
Mythology: +60
Pokémon: +60 - Pokeball - A random, unused Pokeball is activated. Members are immune to the effects
Sephiroth: +50 - Summon Sephiroth - Either: a Guard Armor or Dark Trooper appear; or Sephiroth appears for the round and deals up to -20 damage distributed among the remaining characters.
Sonic: +60 - Hyper Sonic Speed - Members cannot be attacked for the rest of the round. Members may still attack.
Square Enix: +190 points - Job Change - Members may use any Dressphere that is currently not being used (Check Dressphere guide or with the GM for Dresspheres). Counts as a weapon action
Versus: +100 - Versus: Adrenaline Rush - Members may make unlimited actions. Special users may use their special twice (any given player may only use the special once)

Characters
Gogo-----------------------------34
Bracket A - Mon & Tues
Chun-li---------------------------50
Kasumi---------------------------50 ¥
Kazama Jin----------------------50 ¥
Liu Kang------------------------50 ¥
Ryu (SF)-------------------------50
Siegfried Schtauffen------------50 ¥
Sol Badguy----------------------50 ¥
Terry Bogard-------------------49 ¥
Tohno Shiki---------------------50 ¥
Yuki Akira----------------------50 ¥
Alucard--------------------------50 ¥
Jonathan and Charlotte--------50 ¥
Simon Belmont-----------------50 ¥
Soma Cruz----------------------50 ¥
Mario----------------------------49 ¥
Luigi-----------------------------50
Princess Peach------------------50
King Koopa---------------------50 ¥
Fox McCloud-------------------50 ¥
Kyle Katarn---------------------50 ¥
Master Chief--------------------45 ¥
Samus Aran---------------------50
X---------------------------------50 ¥
Zero------------------------------49 ¥
Kirby-----------------------------46 ¥
Ness------------------------------47
Saber-----------------------------50 ¥
Hayabusa Ryu------------------50
Kratos Aurion-------------------47 ¥ (No attack or heal x2)
Kratos---------------------------50 ¥
Samanosuke---------------------50 ¥ (Wed to Fran)
Prince----------------------------50 ¥
Diddy Kong---------------------47
Donkey Kong-------------------49
Captain Falcon------------------50
Deoxys---------------------------50 ¥
Falco Lombardi-----------------50
Marth----------------------------49 ¥
Yoshi----------------------------20
Ice Climbers---------------------50
Joanna Dark---------------------50 ¥
Kite------------------------------50 ¥
Bracket B - Thur & Fri
Mr Game & Watch-------------50
Takamachi Nanoha-------------50 ¥
Wario----------------------------45
Sonic-----------------------------48 ¥
Shadow--------------------------50 ¥
Silver-----------------------------50 ¥
Knuckles-------------------------50 ¥
Tails------------------------------50 ¥
Blaze-----------------------------50 ¥
Black Mage---------------------50 ¥
Edge-----------------------------50 ¥
Tina Branford-------------------50 ¥
Aerith Gainsborough-----------50 ¥ (RFG)
Cloud Strife---------------------50 ¥
Squall Leonhart-----------------50 ¥
Beatrix---------------------------50
Auron----------------------------50 ¥
Yuna-----------------------------50 ¥
Rikku----------------------------50 ¥
Paine-----------------------------50 ¥
Fran------------------------------43 (Wed to Samanosuke)
Ramza Beoulve-----------------50 ¥
Fel Fong Wong-----------------48 ¥
Chrono---------------------------50 ¥
Sora------------------------------50 ¥
Roxas----------------------------36 (RFG x3)
Geno-----------------------------50 ¥
Ganondorf-----------------------50 ¥
Jeran and Lisha-----------------50 ¥
Link------------------------------50 ¥
Sheik-----------------------------50
Roy-------------------------------42 ¥
Ryu (BoF)-----------------------48 ¥
Young Link---------------------50
Zelda-----------------------------36 ¥
Pikachu--------------------------47 ¥
Purin-----------------------------50
Nyasu (TR)---------------------50 ¥
Mewtwo-------------------------50
Pichu-----------------------------50
Plusle and Minun---------------50 ¥

NPC Stats
Slime x5 ------------------------ 1 HP

Your beloved referees - Reno of the Turks and Lieutenant Alexander Munro of Starfleet!

Eliminations (Victim, Character, Player, Round):
?? - ?? - ?? - Round ??

NPC Kills (NPC, # defeated, # sent):
Goomba - 1 - 5
Octorok - 0 - 0
Slime - 0 - 5
Koopa Troopa - 0 - 0
Spiny - 0 - 0
Deku Scrub - 0 - 0
Hammer Bros - 0 - 0
Kremling - 0 - 0
Heartless - 0 - 0
Paratroopa - 0 - 0
Redead - 0 - 0
Cactuar - 0 - 0
Like-Like - 0 - 0
Red Bubble - 0 - 0
Blue Bubble - 0 - 0
Bomb - 0 - 0
Boo - 0 - 0
Shyguy - 0 - 0
Wiggler - 0 - 0
Dodongo - 0 - 0
Lakitu - 0 - 0
Stalfos - 0 - 0
Moblin - 0 - 0
Zu - 0 - 0
Tonberry - 0 - 0
Iron Knuckle - 0 - 0
Metroid - 0 - 0
Malboro - 0 - 0
Thwomp - X - 0
Floor Master - X - 0

Points: Max = (USS Enterprise + Hugo’s Flight #) - (This year + Σ Lost’s #s) + (# of Ronin + (Manaphy - Leafia)) + Ge ± First Child’s Eva (A, J, M, V) T
Christopher - 500 (max) (A - 0, J - 0, M - 1, V - 0) T = 4 (Free Pokeball) (See Round 0)
Roxas_x - 375 (A - 0, J - 0, M - 0, V - 0) T = 0
Okamoto - 500 (max) (A - 0, J - 0, M - 0, V - 0) T = 1 (Free attack x2)
Typhoon - 150 (A - 1, J - 1, M - 0, V - 1) T = 2
Puppy Lover - 32 (A - 0, J - 0, M - 0, V - 0) T = 0
Uncle Xyzzy - 253 (A - 0, J - 0, M - 0, V - 0) T = 0
Light - 0 (A - 0, J - 0, M - 0, V - 0) T = 0
GM Choice - 890

Past Winners:
SSBM 1 - Samus of DS9ers
SSBM 2: Revenge of the Melee - Mewtwo of Team Pokémon
SSBM 3: All-Stars Unite - Roy of Team Hyrule
SSBB 1: The Brawl Begins - Rikku of Square Enix
SSBB 2: Shadows of the Brawl - Aerith of Square Enix
SSBB 3: Melancholy of SSBB - ????
SSBB 4: 100 - ????

Point Redemption

Number of FS-es Left to Use: 65

Pokémon List:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32

Summon Materia Effects:
Found here

Djinni System Information
Found here!

Character Profiles:
Found here. Enjoy!

Game Notes:
Changes made in SSBB 1 here. Enjoy!
Changes made in SSBB 2 here. Enjoy!
Changes made in SSBB 3 here. Enjoy!
Previous HRB Rules. Not valid for use. Will repost.
Request Info! - Down for now
How to Gogo - Enjoy!

Game Site:
Overall, found here.
Preview movies at the bottom of the first column.

Round 4 Announcements:
1: Brackets will sooner than expected.
2: I hope you liked the commercial parodies. They are really fun to write. If you have suggestions, feel free to PM me. I will be doing more of the ‘who’s greatest’ discussions since they are pretty fun to write. Drools over the idea of more Mac vs PC commercials.
3: Read me! Or at least the ones written by your beloved GM
4: Rule refresher - Brackets (Part II): Okay. More to Brackets. Active Characters are in red and are the only ones that can be used and targeted. Inactive Characters are in white and cannot be used or targeted. Don’t worry. I will point out and change bad targets.
5: New Character - Kratos: He struck down Ares to become the God of War. He wore hotdogs to become the God of Fashion Disasters. Now he wishes to become SSBB Champion. He trained hard by bashing skulls in the war, selling butter, and lugging entertainment systems across the clubhouse. He doesn’t mind being on Saber’s team, just as long as he gets to bash skulls.
6: New Character - Samanosuke: A legendary demon hunter from Japan. He was doing Leon Kennedy’s job long before Raccoon City was even founded. Despite history not recognizing his efforts, Samanosuke has been there done that about with history’s greatest shoguns and even traveled to France a little. He now plays the moral standard for Team Mythology, looking out only for the team.
7: New Character - Ryu (BoF): This is Ryu, not Ryu or Ryu. One of the last of the Dragon Clan at the time, Ryu rallied a band of warriors, including the legendary Bleu, and brought down the evil Zorg and Empress Tyr. Sure, a nice, easy life with Nina was to be had afterward, but the GM was able to pull him out of retirement and send him to the ring. He should be able to handle himself fine.
8: Those with an opinion on when the war shall be held may contact me. I am estimating somewhere on the order of 1.5-2 months from the start of August. For what I have in store, the earlier we start, the more time would be spent on the event. The later we start, the more war exclusive characters that would be available. Double-edged sword. Play with it nicely.
9: This is my best attempt at a Warcraft weapon. It does stuff involving zombies, and I figure what are better zombies than Inactive Characters. Have fun.
10: I like how everyone has been so nice to Gogo and not killed him with specials yet, but that is what he is there for! I have seen some great Mime opportunities pass you by without a peep! Use him!
11: Wow. I have a lot of points. I’ll start spending them next round. Or sooner... Since it would have been unfair of me to use a weapon, I got the Offering for Typhoon to help give Yoshi a fighting chance.
12: Speaking of Typhoon, since he got it more correct, the Djinni went to him.
13: And speaking of Djinni...
You didn’t think it would be that easy did you? Eddy

This Round's Weapons:
1 Staff of Kel'Thuzard: Inactive characters only. -1 damage to two characters. Targets are Inactive until the next switch.
(Typhoon only) 1 Offering: Special users only. May use special twice with different targets. Negative effects to the character are doubled. User gets -2 damage in addition to Special effects. (Like most other weapons, only one use per round).

This Round's Dresspheres (Square Enix only!):
None

This Round's Specials:
1) Kratos: Poseidon's Rage: -3 damage to two characters
2) Yoshi: Egg Throw: -4 damage to one character
3) None
4) None
FS: None

This Round's Stage:
None

This Round's Mini-game:
None

This Round's NPCs:
5 Slime: 1/0 HP. +1 point when defeated. Deals -1 damage to one character each at the end of the round. They only appear for one round.

This Round's Faction Ability:
None

Quick but important poll!
If you want to be polled (no need to enter), please post what time zone you are in, based on GMT. I am in PST which is GMT -8. This way I can keep track of double posts better. Thank you!

http://www.ugoplayer.com/music/eggsong_ ... v=1#bottom

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:41 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Get Eddy - found in Spoiler box

Dexoys blasts Yoshi for -3 damage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:17 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Kudos to Light for finding Eddy. In all likelihood, I wouldn't have.

Yoshi eats the Offering and throws eggs at Roy and Sonic for -4 damage.

Egg on your faces, boys.

Oh, and thank you for the Offering, Sky. :) Not that I wouldn't have preferred a Heart Container or Maxim Tomato, of course. ^^;

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:27 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Typhoon wrote:
Oh, and thank you for the Offering, Sky. :) Not that I wouldn't have preferred a Heart Container or Maxim Tomato, of course. ^^;

I had to keep my point spending legal. I don't want to break all of the rules... at least not in the first week :P Plus, Yoshi deserves a fighting chance! Blaze of glory and all of that!

Yoshi: Yoshi! [Trans: I will not go quietly into that good night!]

PS: Had to change the targets to King Koopa and Simon (unless you say otherwise) since Roy and Sonic are Inactive. Sorry.

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:19 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Rawr! Kratos smush! Yoshi and Sol take -3 damage

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next