For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

By jove

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:21 pm

by jove it worked...I never would have believed it.

I didn't actually see the message, but after less than 5 minutes of refreshing I checked the battledome and he was there as a challenger.

This is almost too coincidental.

Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:58 am

My turn for this to work

Edit: 2 Refreshes, a visit to the cafe and back, and a visit to the Armor Station and back................

NEW BATTLEDOME CHALLENGER!!!

Commander Garoo will be waiting for you in the BATTLEDOME!!!

This Blumaroos mean temper, foul attitude, and utter contempt for other Neopets is just one of the reasons he is a major opponent in the Battledome!

Re: Commander Garoo

Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:04 am

Maybe it will work for me too...

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:27 pm

Well, I found a codestone, but no Garoo... o_O

Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:37 pm

I've been trying for Garoo off and on for 5 YEARS!!! Still no luck ... LOL :cry:

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:36 pm

I don't know if this actually was the reason I got him, but a couple of years ago I was trying to get Garoo as a challenger. After a while of useless refreshing, I changed my language setting to Japanese just so I'd have something different to look at for a while.

I got him two refreshes later. :roll:

So, for those of you still looking for him...maybe try that and see if it works? I really doubt that has anything to do with triggering the event, but who knows.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:18 pm

haha I am soo posting too!!

pleeeease let this work..

k .. whoa.. I am so shocked...

umm post here? cus this works.. seriosuly.. that is creeeeeeeepy!!!
Last edited by Pudding on Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not double-post.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:31 pm

Eh worth a try... goes off n checks now :P

Edit1: Nothing yet, although
You find a Salmon Cream Cheese Dip on the floor!

thats about 5kish ^^

Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:13 am

Sure, I'll try. But I haven't seen very many random events since the space station overhaul. Here's hoping...

ETA: Spooky. Five minutes worth of refreshing later -- PPT really does help!

Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:38 am

Sounds like it works for those who posts here.
I"m gonna give it a shot...
Doesn't work for me... been trying for two days...
Hope this works!

Edit:
It really works!
No kidding!
Thanks!

JasEdit: Do not double post. If you were the last to post and you'd like to add more, please use the "edit" button in the lower right of each of your posts. Thank you very much. :)

Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:10 pm

That slippery Commander Garoo has eluded my grasp for several years now. I've been casually trying to get his RE for 6 months now and after 30 minutes of refreshing today, I'm ready to try anything.

Come on PPT post charm, work your magic please!!

EDIT> OMG! well it took a day, but I did get it finally. I'd say that the magic still works.
Last edited by iamestella on Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:30 pm

I better try it too but seriously this is creepy but then again ppt was meant to help you on neopets so it just doing its job I guess.

Edit: After 10 seconds I got
The loudspeaker booms 'Remember, laughing is prohibited. A smile costs nothing, but will get you a fine.'

Edit 2:after another 10 seconds I got
The loudspeaker booms 'Grundo Leader Garb, please report to the Battle Level.'

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:21 pm

Listen, getting Garoo is driving me nuts! Does anyone have any ideas about how to beat him once I actually do get his challenge (if I ever do?!?!)

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:40 pm

Gonna give it a shot myself. Old thread, but ya never know. Something has got to give. Tired of refreshing!!!

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:46 pm

jonnyrebel00 wrote:Gonna give it a shot myself. Old thread, but ya never know. Something has got to give. Tired of refreshing!!!

Good luck!

The best way to do it, for me, is to refresh for 5-10 minutes at a time and then go do something else. If you spend too much time hitting the F5 key you're gonna go bonkos.
Topic locked