Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daily Dare [Split 5]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:03 am 

I did all of Daily Dare in like... two days. Originally I wasn't even going to worry about it since I was going to be out of the country for a week and a half of it and with my work driving me crazy, but I caved in and did the mix of AAA and Abigail. Just getting a new trophy on my user lookup made it worth it!

I think I ended up putting more effort into Dungeon Dash than in all the other games combined. In retrospect I'm glad they had Dungeon Dash, even as painful as the experience was at the time. It was a neat idea to do, though I still shudder every time I hear the ICM music.

I have to give them props for going with Abigail Gumball Machine rather than a somewhat useless weapon (granted, I put everything in the context of "would this help me win against someone in the battledome for a plot?"). I wasn't a big fan of the Sloth prizes earlier since a lot of those were really mediocre - would have preferred more items that would retain value a little more. It seems like (to me anyway) they might have put more thought into doling out the prizes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:28 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Exactly the same thing for me averly. Only I did them in one day (when I should have been working) and failed maths nightmare because I'm rubbish. :x

http://alienaisha.blogspot.com
lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:40 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

averly wrote:
Originally I wasn't even going to worry about it since I was going to be out of the country for a week and a half of it and with my work driving me crazy, but I caved in and did the mix of AAA and Abigail. Just getting a new trophy on my user lookup made it worth it!
Methinks I'm a bad influence on you. :P But I'm glad you like having the trophy.

I got the same as Dyl posted.

Edit: NM. :oops: I still like the pop-up thing though.

Edit 2: More thoughts:
Siniri, it's quite likely that the AAA Gumball machine will be worth more than the Math Slingshot (currently down around 10k-ish). A *lot* of people have gotten the slingshot, so it's much less in demand, and thus worth more. Like the Ultimate prize, the Megasuperb was still harder to obtain, and will thus be worth more.

I'm actually glad that they did bother to give out prizes (even if they are a bit...unsavory *cough* sign *cough*) to those who at least tried the Roothless challenge. I think this is the first time that they've at least truly acknowledged effort.
Curious though, that it doesn't appear to matter whether or not you beat the challenge with AAA or Abi - unless anyone can confirm that it did?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Post subject: Re: Daily Dare [Split 6] - Prizes!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:01 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Same prizes as matrinka and co. Whoo, another trophy!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Well, I'm happy with what I got, given that a lot of stuff came up during the month of March and it was difficult to juggle the Daily Dare and the Return of Dr. Sloth plot.

I got the silver trophy for beating AAA/Abigail by the end and the Abigail Gumball Machine.

Image Image

As for my Roothless prizes, well, my computer couldn't handle the game, so I ended up with the Roothless Tilt Maze Game and the I Lost to Roothless Sign.

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:07 am 

Pickles wrote:
Curious though, that it doesn't appear to matter whether or not you beat the challenge with AAA or Abi - unless anyone can confirm that it did?

I beat the game with AAA and got the book and the figure and the t-shirt. I'm going to guess (taking into consideration the glitchy release and that they probably cut some corners) that there was no difference. Especially since it wasn't until after DD completed that they went back and changed how the points accrued with Abigail and so on. Besides, you'd think AAA would have a slightly easier time with the game with all the extra practice he got :D ! And with the workout I gave Turmac Roll you'd think he should be able to jog up some lousy hills...
I would have liked to see it be a different set since Abigail did have some advantages over AAA. I could just be bitter that I spent about an extra half hour trying to beat it with AAA after pretty much winning with Abigail, though.
Another thought is that because the game did turn out so full of glitches that it making no difference between the two could be them trying to work with us a little bit more.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:08 am 

May wrote:
Well, I'm happy with what I got, given that a lot of stuff came up during the month of March and it was difficult to juggle the Daily Dare and the Return of Dr. Sloth plot.

I got the silver trophy for beating AAA/Abigail by the end and the Abigail Gumball Machine.

Image Image

As for my Roothless prizes, well, my computer couldn't handle the game, so I ended up with the Roothless Tilt Maze Game and the I Lost to Roothless Sign.

I got the exact same thing as you :P I missed a week and it took like another week just to make it all up

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:17 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I didn't get a prize for megasuperb :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:25 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

As far as I can tell from reading the boards, no one did yet. It's just another glitch and most people agree that it's probably the AAA Gumball Machine.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:26 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I'm kinda wishing i would have gotten a gumball instead of the sling shot..... ah well either way it would get shoved into the sdb lol

ImageImageImageImage
Click the eggs above to view all my dragons & help them grow by clicking them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:30 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Here's a list from the neoboards of all the prizes: http://www.neopets.com/~shippo8888neo

I'm very, VERY hesitant about purchasing an AAA Badge at the moment, as most of the people who have them for sale seem to have completed absolutely no challenges but still have a trophy and got the badge. o_O
Edit: I just realized that those with the Abi badges are the same. I guess it means you must've clicked to challenge at least once, but never beat the score?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Last edited by Pickles on Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:30 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Pfeh, gumball machine. That won't be very popular so I predict it being a slightly valuable HTS. I wish it were books again, or maybe stamps.

Ohhhh well. I like my trophy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:05 am 

I only did AAA 3 times in March, so I got the bottom of the barrel prizes :P Oh well, a trophy is a trophy :D

set by ppt Secret Santa!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:26 am 

I'm really mad about this. These battledome weapons are, compared to recent prizes, absolutely worthless. Even the Roothless book won't be that expensive because everyone had the opportunity to get them, regardless of how many challenges they had beaten. Couldn't they have given us Ultimate prize winners a rare book like they did last year?

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:39 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Also, I'll throw this out...if anyone is selling the Roothless book, I'd be willing to buy. I'm looking on the TP, but would rather buy from a PPTer if possible.

Please help my dragons grow and give a click!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next