Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Greatest game story ever!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:45 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

got mine down to three (along with a brief synopsis on the stroy)

C&C tiberian dawn, a meteor crashes near the tiber river (hence tiberians name) and quickly begins to leach the life out of the world spreading quickly.
only arctic and desert regions remain safe, the brotherhood rises up and steals a ION cannon, before blowing up somthing or another, then the GDI rally and crush the brotherhood, kane dissapears..

C&C tiberian sun, kane reappears and unites the fractured brotherhood, and attacks the GDI using ALIEN technology (the scrin, the race who sent the tiberian to earth in the first place!)
predictably the plan goes belly up, the scrin cruiser is taken and the tacidus, a device that holds the cure to tiberian poisening, is taken by the mutants, and ultimately by the GDI, meanwhile, CABAL (computer assited, bioloicly augmented lifeform) rises up with his cyborg armys and attacks humanity.
but is beaten, in the ending sequance for firestorm, we see cabal (all flickery to reveal that his face is that of kane) and about a dozen kane clones, saying that he needs to reacces his tactics for the "return"

tiberian twilight, was registered shortly before EA took over westwood, i doubt we'll ever see it now, and if we do itll rpobably suck, seeing as almost all of westwoods designers quit after the take over

Freespace 2.
"the numberless shivan fleet, swept throught the outer systems, all seemed lost until a few brave pilots destroyed the shivan super destroyer "lucifer" and in the process destroyed earths jump node.
once again the shivans looked unto humanity, and wondered; what has happened to our scout force?"
the "numberless" hoardes of the first game are nothing compared to the new fleet that has, and is, jumpig through the knossos gate, slowly the terran vesudan alliance drives them back and enters the gate to seal it from the other side...but something is amiss, a MASSIVE fleet is arrayed on the other side, and the scout force, even within shivan vessels, barely escapes, they return with the bad news.
a fleet of more than 50 Sathanas (the name of my first neopet, minus an E oddly enough) class juggernauts is headed through the gate, soon enough the alliances defences crumble as the juggernaughts head towards the capella system, where they surround the star?!
a frce intercepts them, and fights for survival, to seal the jump node and trap them, but alas, the collossus, the greatest vessel ever made by man, is lost in the fighting, and the sathanas' have begun firing on the sun
:roll: within minutes the star goes nova, and you have three minutes to decide, flee the system and hope you can outrun the shockwave, or ensure that the reffugees escape, and sacrafice yourself, the choice is yours.
then we see the Best. Cutscene. Ever!
me? i ALMOST did both, saving the refugess and nearly escaped, 300 meters to the node.
still i got snazzay medal for saving mankind and the vesudans...

Last edited by Asthaloth on Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:16 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Slick, we got a topic for this just down the page. Try looking next time to see if common subjects are already there, hm?

Himura the Battousai

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:28 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

kamus wearheise heneenoo.
now im through with that, i -meant- to put game story.
and dont call me slick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:19 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Well, there's like this story, but you can't know it yet, because it comes from the future, but it's soo awesome, you have to trust me on this.

Present stuff though, I'd have to say, I can just never get enough of Phantasy Star IV. I wouldn't be able to explain it all here though, because the best parts are really just humongous spoilers if I told them.

Oh yeah, and I like Final Fantasy VI and IV. The world got destroyed in VI, and the game was only half over! Now that was cool, and unexpected. Unless you read the Nintendo Power basic walkthrough before hand like me (excuse me, I didn't have an SNES at the time, so I didn't expect to ever play it). Final Fantasy IV destroyed the whole Link-is-good-Ganon-is-evil. The main hero was like, so evil in the beginning, and the next villian wasn't really all bad either.

Image Gotta Love Rage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:37 pm 

If you are referring to game stories (aka the plot), then I would have to say either the first Max Payne or Metal Gear Solid, though a bit hard to understand at times.

Other Mentionable ones:

Splinter Cell
Dead to Rights
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:26 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
As many games with good stories that there are, its difficult to think of the one with the best story.

Final Fantasy Tactics - The story is hard to grasp (well, that's what they say), but overall, it probably has the best story of any other game I've played, even if it is a tactical/strategy RPG. I can really give a synopsis because just about anything is a spoiler...

Oh, I could probably think of some more, but I'm short on time. I'll have to add some more when I return on Sunday.

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:42 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I'm going to try and look outside of the FF series. Hmmm...this is a tough one. Nope, FF owns stories. My personal favorties are FFX and FFVIII. If FFVIII had updated graphics and voices, it would be Sa-WEET!!

Himura the Battousai

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:32 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Pfft, dillusional fools.

Tetris had the best plot ever. *SPOILERS*

-

-

-

What about when the L-block admitted his secret affair with the square block to the S block??

Ok, I'll admit that the inverse L block was a contrived villian is ever I saw one, but he was't that huge a character in the big picture. Line block was a stunning hero.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:54 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Oh wow Setekh, you like Freespace 2? I love that game. The cutscene rules. ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:15 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

My favourtie game storylines are KH and FFVIII :D .

vortex |myspace |dART

Image<-- By Silja

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:01 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Best game story ever has to be Xenogears....
Now.. I can't really remember it since I haven't played that game in forever.. btu I do remember that I was extremely impressed with the whole story/plot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:28 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I like PSO I. A spaceship called Pioneer 1 arrives at a habitable planet like Earth called Ragol and sets up shop. The ship is carrying lots of scientists and hunters and famous people, and they all build a place to live called the Central Dome. About 7 years later another ship called Pioneer 2 arrives at Ragol. It is carrying the main wave of Refugees from Earth and another planet. They open a comms channel with the Central Dome, then an explosion shakes all of Ragol. Pioneer 2 loses contact with the Central Dome so they send hunters down to find something out. They battle through many areas and fight Dragons, Water Worms, Mad Computers and eventually they find out that Ruins beneath the planet aren't ruins, but a spaceship holding a creature called Dark Falz, and it was Falz that caused the explosion when he was released by the Central Dome army by mistake. The hunters beat Falz and thats that.

ImageImage
Set - Sunnie
Blinkie - Chass
Left.
ALL HAIL XENU!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:19 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

i_love_starburst wrote:

*indulges in a bit o necromancy, or threadnomancy as it is known*

indeed i do, best. game. ever!

and for the sake of i want to, im gonna post the admirals last speach (providing youre killed by the supernova, otherwise its a differant cutscene)

Quote:
To the pilots and crew of the 70th blue lions GTD acquitane, it is my sad duty to report that your sqaudren leader never reached the Vega system.
According to observers, Alpha 1 remained behind so that others might reach the Vega node, the pilot made this decision even after being advised of the impending catastrophe.
because of this sacrafice, and the sacrafice of thousands of others, we halted the shivan advance, we sealed the off Capella and our people are safe, maybe forever.
noone can fathom how or why the shivans destroyed the Capella star, we lost a place many of us called home, we lost entire sqaudrens, we lost the Collosus and most of our fleet.
we lost so many friends that we celebrate our victory with grief and mourning.
From our oddessy into hell we return with a gift, the ancient technology to build a portal between Delta serpentis and Sol.
To restore our link to planet earth.
To return home after so many years.
this is admiral Petrov*, signing off

*= think its admiral petrov, my computer wont play the cutscenes properly and it gets rather fuzzy about there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:27 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Setekh wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:

*indulges in a bit o necromancy, or threadnomancy as it is known*

indeed i do, best. game. ever!

and for the sake of i want to, im gonna post the admirals last speach (providing youre killed by the supernova, otherwise its a differant cutscene)

Quote:
To the pilots and crew of the 70th blue lions GTD acquitane, it is my sad duty to report that your sqaudren leader never reached the Vega system.
According to observers, Alpha 1 remained behind so that others might reach the Vega node, the pilot made this decision even after being advised of the impending catastrophe.
because of this sacrafice, and the sacrafice of thousands of others, we halted the shivan advance, we sealed the off Capella and our people are safe, maybe forever.
noone can fathom how or why the shivans destroyed the Capella star, we lost a place many of us called home, we lost entire sqaudrens, we lost the Collosus and most of our fleet.
we lost so many friends that we celebrate our victory with grief and mourning.
From our oddessy into hell we return with a gift, the ancient technology to build a portal between Delta serpentis and Sol.
To restore our link to planet earth.
To return home after so many years.
this is admiral Petrov*, signing off

*= think its admiral petrov, my computer wont play the cutscenes properly and it gets rather fuzzy about there.

Wonderful. :D *mega grin*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:35 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

FF6 has the best story of console games. Ever. Can't really give out much of the plot if you haven't played it, because all of that would be a spoiler! And if you haven't never played FF6, and only FF7 to 10... I hate you. Not really... But FF6 is the
greatest FF in my opinion.

FF7 comes in as a close 2nd. Great story... But I hated FF8. Dont ask.

I also like the stories in the Might and Magic series. Those have nice stories...
Except that they get a bit weird after six. I mean, seven has spaceships? Oh wow. Eight had some kinda robot stuff too. Nine had a good story but it changed some things a bit too much... They removed my favourite spell. :cry:

And if I have to say the best plot of any PC-Game... Baldurs Gate series. The darn best story ever.

:D

Set by myself. Yes, it has pixel errors. Yes, I am a newbie at Photoshop.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]