Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Daily Dare [Split 6] - Prizes!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:22 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Pickles wrote:
The Editorial wrote:
Dear TNT, I'm sure you have received many inquiries about the megasuperb prize for the Daily Dare, so I'm not going to repeat the problem. I understand that everyone makes mistakes, but I feel the best thing to do is to admit to them. If this glitch is not fixable that's fine, but if you could please, please address the concerns of all the megasuperb winners by acknowledging our questions. I, and many others, would feel much better (and less bitter) about the situation. Thank you very much. ~theviolentpeacemaker
We're sorry for the delay with those prizes. According to our project tracker that should have been fixed, though. Have you tried visiting the prize page?

...did it get fixed?

Nope... They must think they fixed it with the badge. *smashes face into desk*

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:17 am 

That was me asking the question in the editorial. I'm shocked it got in!

Apparently, I SHOULD have explained the problem again. *sigh*

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:17 am 
PPT God
PPT God

*head spins off of body, flies all the way around the planet, and comes crashing down through her desk*

OH MY GOD TNT YOU ARE NOT THIS STUPID. RIGHT????

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:15 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

metalmario wrote:
*head spins off of body, flies all the way around the planet, and comes crashing down through her desk*

OH MY GOD TNT YOU ARE NOT THIS STUPID. RIGHT????

Nah... It's wilful ignorance if you ask me....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:10 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Wow, just....wow, really?? REALLY? :o Between this prize snafu and the Dungeon game not working properly for tons of people and cheating them out of the extra prizes (STILL bitter about that :x ), this has got to be the most disappointing, most poorly planned out Daily Dare so far. Seriously, that last Roothless challenge not working ruined the entire rest of it for me.

And that was just a one-time thing, which got an apology relatively quickly (though I wish they'd fixed the stupid game and extended the deadline instead). I can only imagine how let down you guys feel after waiting so long just for an acknowledgment of the problem. How many mails did they get about it? That alone should have tipped someone off that something went wrong and maybe an actual PERSON should check into it.

I hope they have their act together by next March. I'd hate to have one of my favorite Neopets events completely wrecked again.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've got good news! Since Snarkie's been posting over at JellyNeo about KeyQuest (I admit, I've been lurking there off and on to see if there's anything new on KeyQuest), someone addressed the issue with her about the lack of Megasuperb prizes being right:
Optimus J wrote:
(snarkieTNT @ Jul 30 2008, 12:26 PM) * wrote:
The broken cron scripts had nothing to do with Key Quest. Heh. That was a separate issue.

Optimus J, I have no idea what you're talking about with the gumball machine. There is no "installing" items, so your terminology is making it hard to figure out what's wrong. Can you be more specific? I fixed the boots, though.

There is the full entry in the database, with the name, ID, description text fields of the DB table filled, and images uploaded, so it's a completely functional item, as the Abigail Gumball Machine. Only problem is that when the prizes were assigned, the Megasuperb prize wasn't. The page gave us a empty prize slot:
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/Buu1975/neopests/ddnoprize.jpg)

The problem is: TNT got aware of that and assigned a correction of this situation; and a prize was automatically given to the Megasuperb winners;
but the prize lately assigned was wrong. What was given to us was the AAA Daily Dare Badge, that was given to people who didn't finished the Dare:
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/Buu1975/neopests/Dailydarewrong.jpg)

The Alvinroo equivalent of the Abigail Gumball Machine doesn't have a single owner in all site, because none was assigned to the any account.

By the way, thanks for the correction of the Boots' empty field.

snarkieTNT wrote:
Perfect explanation, thanks. I'll forward it to the Daily Dare guys.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:14 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

*cartwheel* Oh please please please let them fix it soon. TBH I don't even really care about "soon", I care about "ever".

I've had my badge up in trades since I got it with "I won Megasuperb and all I got was this lousy badge. TNT please replace with my rightful AAA Gumball Machine." ever since it was assigned, hoping SOMEONE from TNT would see it. Plus my weekly editorial submission. Oh jeeze I hope hope hope they fix it. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:06 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

You mean it might be theoretically possible that they could get this straightened out someday? I sincerely hope so, though I'm not holding my breath for anything soon. Look how long it took for their other "solution".

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:31 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm sorry to bump but I'd just like to raise awareness that this issue still has not been fixed, and it's been nearly 6 months.

I've been sending in Editorial questions semi-regularly and I urge anyone who cares about this to do so too. One time I think they mentioned that they get so many questions they aren't even able to read them all let alone answer, so maybe if a number of us send them each week we might have a better chance of being seen. Even if we're not answered, maybe it will at least be forwarded to someone who will take care of it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:05 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Yeah, old thread. But since it's been almost a year and it's still not fixed...

I don't honestly expect them to do anything, but I've sent in another editorial question explaining it fully and maybe if a few other people do they might look in to it...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:24 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Haha, everytime this gets bumped I get all excited only to be let down.

Happy almost-anniversary megasuperbers, high fives all around! I've given up on editorial questions, Snarkie was apparently made aware but we haven't heard anything in months so I seriously doubt anything will happen. I'll try one more time just because I've got nothing to do on this glorious monday night.

I for one will not be trying for anything past the most basic prize this year, I've got a camping trip for a class (yay geology major!) in March so no computer for me for a few days. That leaves me to try for prizes #2 and #4, and after last year there's no way in hell I'm going for #2 again. I might even let up on that, and not play any sponsor games just to spite them :P

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I agree it's a long shot, but I'll send in a question this week, too. Honestly, I still can't believe they haven't fixed it and can't seem to figure out how. I've tried pushing the envelope in obnoxiousness on the Neoboards, even, hoping to get at least a monitor's attention, but even that didn't work. Not to mention the countless bug reports.

Maybe we should all make galleries with all our prizes from last year and submit for the gallery spotlight? Not that those people would be involved with the prizes. Obviously TNT's too big to care about customer satisfaction now. *sigh*

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5