Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:12 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Key Quest [Split 2]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:54 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Key Quest is a new multi-player game on Neopets. Each player's goal is to make his or her way around the board collecting all of the keys and then be the first to unlock the the goal door. Along the way, players will gain power-ups, Neopoints, and the chance to play mini-games. Each player receives a key after finishing the game, which can be turned in for various prizes. For a list of known prizes, click here.

Power-Ups: These are the various power-ups you will see in the game and what they do.

Boots of Flight - Roll two dice instead of one.
Bottle of Quicksand - Makes any player you choose lose their turn for one round.
Catapult - Sends any player you choose back to their home (starting) spot.
Distraction Potion - Swap one key with another player.
Giant Lint Ball - Stops a player from picking up any keys or power-ups for their next turn.
Key Grabber - Steal any key you want from any player you choose.
Loaded Gummy Die - Choose what number your next die roll will be.
Misdirected Compass - Reverses direction for any player you choose, including yourself.
Mortog - Jump to the space in front of your opponent, moving in the same direction as them.
Rainbow Fountain Water - Change any one of your keys into another color of your choice.
Rainbow Sticky Hand - Steal a power-up from any player you choose.
Spare Key - Steals any duplicate keys from any player you choose.
Super Boots of Flight - Roll three dice instead of one.
Super Catapult - Return two players to their home spaces.
Super Key Grabber - Steal any two keys you want from any one player you choose.
Tornado Ring - Randomly changes power-ups for any player you choose, including yourself.
Transporter Helmet - Swap places with any player you choose.
Virtudice - Automatically roll a six.

Mini-Games: These are the various mini-games you will see in the game and how to play them. Players who win mini-games choose which key or power-up they would like to receive as their prize.

Daring Dig - You play a Zomutt (petpet) and using the arrow keys, you must dig through the dirt, collecting gems, on your way to the finish line at the bottom of the screen. Each gem color is worth a different amount. The dirt comes in different shades of brown with each darkening of a shade indicating how many digs it takes to get through - lightest shade = 1 dig, middle shade = 2 digs, darkest shade = 3 digs.
Faellie Labyrinth - You play a Faellie (petpet) and must move through the maze, making your way to the treasure chest in the middle. You can use the arrow keys on your keyboard or your mouse to move your Faellie through the maze. Make sure you hit the colored switches to open gates and click on the wooden doors to break them down.
Nova Matcher - Match any two novas of the same color and background by clicking on them. The player with the most matches wins.
Petpet Snare - In this game, you will have to use your mouse to draw a "loop" around the various petpets. The petpet you need to draw your loop around will be indicated at the top of the game board. You can draw a loop around more than one petpet, but the petpets must be of the same species. If your loop touches a different petpet, your loop is invalid. Also, if one of your opponents makes a successful loop while you're in the middle of your loop, you must start your loop over. The person snaring the most petpets wins.
Spyder Scare - First, look in the bottom left corner to see what color your username is. The color of your username corresponds to the eye color of your Spyder. Your goal is to grab as many items from the bottom of the screen as possible. You can move your mouse side to side to make your Spyder move across the screen. Your Spyder's eyes will constantly scan the screen as well. When your Spyder's eyes are facing the direction of an item you would like to grab, click your mouse to make your Spyder drop and grab the item. The player with the most items wins.

Screenshots of the game can be found here.
Previous thread can be found here.

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Post subject: Re: Key Quest [Split 2]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:59 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Quote:
If you played a five key game, you need one of each color key to get 1st place. If you play a three key game, you need three different keys to get 1st place (I believe - someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that as I don't actually play anything but five key games).

A 3-key game will only have keys in 3 colors. The keys in colors not available will be replaced by keys in available colors(e.g. a red-yellow-blue game would replace the green and white key squares with red, yellow, or blue key squares.) I've only played one 2-key game, but that's how it worked IIRC.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:39 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
Key Quest is now Spoo-key! From now through November 3rd, you can earn double keys each time you play and redeem them for spoo-key prizes.

You receive 1 spooky prize mixed in with your other prizes.

So far these are the Spooky items I have got:

Haunted Woods Reader
Haunted Mynci
Korbat Halloween
One Scary Night
Scary Sloth Stories
Spooky Buzz Tales
Spooky Food Ideas
Spooky Kau Story
Spooky Korbat Stories
Spooky Skeith Adventures
Spooky Stories

Halloween Aisha Stamp

Spooky Nimmo Stained Glass Window

Scary Snowbunny Plushie

Chocolate Covered Peanuts
Chocolate Korbat Ice Lolly
Haunted Brucicle
Haunted Woods Chocolate Milk Glass
Ichor Ghost Toast
Pumpkin Cookies
Spooky Doughnut
Spooky Gooplecream
Spooky Lime Pudding
Spooky Raspberry Pie
Spooky Shake

Last edited by Daze on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Glitch notice:
Unfortunately, it looks like sometimes when redeeming keys (at least with Gold keys), where sometimes, you get the wrong prizes. It seems like some Gold keys are being read as Silver or Bronze keys. IE, I've redeemed Gold keys and received only 3 prizes (including prizes that you normally get from silver keys - like Lime Swirly Neggs, or Master Vex Stamps), or sometimes even only 2 prizes.

I'm still redeeming keys, as 38 or 37 items per day is better than none.

Hopefully once the Spoo-key event is over, this will right itself.

On a side note, prices for all the prizes have taken another dip - probably because a lot more people are playing for the doubled keys and thus more are in circulation. I'm almost getting to the point where I'm going to stop selling neggs for the NPs, as a regular negg is now under 2k, and a super icy or lemon swirly is nearly down to 7k...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:43 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I haven't been able to play since the game was taken out of beta. I get the blue screen with the white circle. It completes the drawing of the circle once and that's it. I never get any further. I've tried different browsers and different times of the day. I am not a happy camper!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:42 am 

Ania205 wrote:
I haven't been able to play since the game was taken out of beta. I get the blue screen with the white circle. It completes the drawing of the circle once and that's it. I never get any further. I've tried different browsers and different times of the day. I am not a happy camper!

It appears you're trying to get in when the game is "full" :( Maybe try playing at a time when fewer users are logged on?

I love the deflation in negg prices! Now I will start using neggs to bring up my pet's stats at a decent price :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:32 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Sigh whenever I play this now Quick game is grayed out I wonder why.

Bring KISS to my Hometown

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

StuMan wrote:
Sigh whenever I play this now Quick game is grayed out I wonder why.
Hm. Are you still able to create a game or join a game from one of the rooms?
Maybe the second you loaded there weren't any games with spots available? (not likely, but it is possible)
Siouxper wrote:
I love the deflation in negg prices! Now I will start using neggs to bring up my pet's stats at a decent price :D
I think I'm about to be with you on this one. I won't be training a *lot* with neggs, as my pet's stats are still pretty low, but my husband might do a lot more with it.
Apparently codestone prices are plummeting *again* too. Main Codestones were over 6k a week ago, and are now close to 5k. Some of them, like the Orn Codestones, are down close to 3k. I think the last time I remember codestones being this low was around the Mystery Island plot....and that was in what, 2003? :o

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:12 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

The lowest I remember codies is 4k! Wow, this is great!

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Katherine wrote:
The lowest I remember codies is 4k! Wow, this is great!

Heh. Some of us old fogies remember them being down in the 1k or less range. I have chat conversations from me and machinedreams where we discussed selling them for less than 1k. :o If only we had known then how much they'd be worth...

Back on topic:
Neopets News October 29 wrote:
Key Quest is running more smoothly than ever! We've been working on a few major bugs, so questing should be easier than before. It's not 100% yet, but we're getting there. If you have any questions about the game's functionality, please check the Updated FAQs.

In spoilers, here's all the FAQs (minus "What is Key Quest" and the "Key Quest Collector's Case"):
» Can I earn Neopoints while playing Key Quest?
Yes, you can! Certain tiles on the Key Quest game board will award you Neopoints.

» Can I play Key Quest with my Neofriends from other parts of the world?
Yes, you can, but only if you are viewing the Neopets site in the same language. If you and your Neofriends are viewing the site in different languages, you will not be able to play Key Quest together, because the chat system in the game can only function in one language at a time.

If you would like to play together, though, you must be sure to set your viewing language to that of the other players before launching the game.

» Can I still play Key Quest if my computer doesn't meet the recommended system requirements?
Yes, it's still possible to play even if your computer doesn't have the recommended specs. Please be aware, however, that the game's performance will not be at its best on slower computers, and your game may quit unexpectedly.

» How do I invite others to play Key Quest?
To invite a friend, you must first create a game board. Once you have done so, you may invite one or more friends on your Neofriends list. The players who are online are in bold; the players who are offline are grayed out. If the friends are already in Key Quest, whether playing or in a Waiting Area, they will receive an in-game message inviting them to join. If they are logged in to Neopets but are not playing the game, they will receive a Neomail message to join.

To accept an invitation, you click the accept button, and you'll go directly to the waiting area of the game board. If you decline, a message will go to the inviter letting him or her know that you will not be joining. The player may then send a new invitation to another friend.

» How do I redeem my prizes?
To redeem your Key Quest prizes, click on the "Unlock Your Prize" button on the final screen that appears after the game has ended. You will then be taken to the prize redemption page, where you can use the keys you won in the game to unlock doors and collect prizes. Different types of keys unlock different doors, each of which has a unique level prize.

After collecting your prize, you can return to the Vault to use more keys if you wish, or you can go back to the Key Quest hub page to play again!

» How do I start chatting with other players?
You'll be able to chat with other players when you enter the Key Quest lobby, which is where you can join an existing game or create a new game. In the Key Quest lobby, there will be a chat screen that you can use to chat with other players if you choose.

» How do I use my favourite token while playing Key Quest?
A player can choose the token he wants to play with from the eight tokens he has marked as favourites. The tokens are shown in a scroll bar on the screen. To select your token, go to your Collector's Case and choose the one you'd like to use.

» How is the game scored?
The goal of the game is to reach the Quest Door with all the required keys. Once a player has accomplished this, the rest of the players are ranked according to the number of keys they currently possess.

» How is turn order determined? What if there's a tie?
The order of turns is determined at the start of the game by each player rolling a six-sided die. The player who rolls the highest number will go first, then the player with the next highest number, etc. In the event of a tie, the tied players roll again. The tie breaker is just between the two players involved, so, for instance, if at the start:

• Player 1 rolls a 6
• Player 2 rolls a 5
• Player 3 rolls a 5
• Player 4 rolls a 1

Player 1 goes first. Players 2 and 3 roll again. If on the second try player 2 rolls a 6 and player 3 rolls a 3, player 2 takes second place. He is not tied for first place with Player 1. Player 1 already won that spot on the first roll.

» I got booted from the game for some unknown reason. Do I get to keep the Neopoints I earned?
Neopoints are awarded to your account upon completing a game. If you quit a game early, any Neopoints you've earned during that game will be forfeited.

» What are the recommended system requirements for playing Key Quest?
For the best performance while playing Key Quest, we recommend:

PC:
Windows XP or Vista
1.5 GHz or higher processor
2 GB RAM
256 MB Video Card
Internet Explorer 6.0 or above
Firefox 2.0 or above

Mac:
Mac OS X 10.4.11 or higher
Intel Core Duo 2 GHz or higher processor
2 GB RAM
Firefox 2.0 or above

» What's the difference between my Neofriends and my Key Quest buddies?
There's no difference between Neofriends and Key Quest buddies! However, since there is a limit on the number of Key Quest buddies you can have, only your VIP Neofriends will appear while playing Key Quest.

» Why aren't all of the power-ups available in my game?
For games involving fewer than four players, a smaller set of power-ups is used. While a three-player game has most of the same power-ups as a four-player game, a two-player game will have fewer. For instance, two-player games will not use the "lose a turn" power-up because it unfairly benefits one player over another without adding any strategy.

» Why can't I get the gold key in a two-key quest?
Only five-key games will give a gold key as a reward at the end. A shorter game will not offer the full reward of the five-key game. The rewards for the games are as follows:
• 5 key game: gold key
• 4 key game: silver key
• 3 key game: bronze key
• 2 key game: lead key

» Why can't I type in my own chat messages?
At the moment, all players in Key Quest can only use the safe chat option, which requires you to select your messages from a dropdown menu.

» Why do other players keep quitting in the middle of a game? Are they cheating?
While there will always be those who try to ruin it for others by cheating, sometimes players quit Key Quest games because of computer issues. If their computer doesn't meet the recommended system requirements, they could be disconnected from the game in mid-play.

» Why does the Waiting Area only let me talk to the other users there?
This is because the other users in the Waiting Area are the ones with whom you'll be playing Key Quest. Hopefully, this will help users focus their chat on the upcoming game with the other players.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:29 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

A quote from Snarkie on a board about stockpiling keys:
Quote:
This may backfire on me but I'll tell you anyway.

We're playing with the prize balancing scripts. Long story short, the hope is that we can raise the max keys you can redeem in a day, but we have to do some live testing first. So if you earn more than 10 keys a day, please keep redeeming instead of stockpiling! The more keys redeemed, the more info we get and easier it is to get the balancing right.

Another quote from Snarkie:
Quote:
There won't be a "no mini-game" option. KQ is about the mini-games.

Even though we trialed a no mini-game option in Beta, it seems that it wont be a choice now.

and another:

Quote:
It's not a glitch. Please don't report it.

This is in response to the keys giving out the wrong prizes. Snarkie referred us back to her first statement, which means that the "not a glitch" is actually a test which is not working correctly (sounds like a glitch to me;albeit a created one) :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:16 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Man, I've decided I officially suck at KeyQuest. I have yet to win one 5 key game. It always starts out good, and every time I've tried, I've been the first to get all keys - but the horrible people on the other side always seem to have some of the Rainbow water stuff to rid me of my precious keys.
Man, no fair. ~:>

EDIT: Now I've said it, I've won my first game! I got 3 codestones. That's an amazing prize! Keyquest = new favourite.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:50 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

TNT have reworked the vault a little. I don't really like the new look.

Snarkie posted about them reworking the prize scripts, well I hope they rework them some more, as I redeemed 4 keys and didn't get a negg or a codestone (I know it is random, but I have always done really well in both before).

CLARIFICATION ABOUT TIMING OUT ON PURPOSE:

Snarkie:

Quote:
There is no option to skip your turn in normal play, so you're taking advantage of the timer. While yes, it's clever, it's technically cheating. We're hoping to fix it soon.

Rule of thumb: if you have to question it, it's cheating.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:43 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Pickles wrote:
Glitch notice:
Unfortunately, it looks like sometimes when redeeming keys (at least with Gold keys), where sometimes, you get the wrong prizes. It seems like some Gold keys are being read as Silver or Bronze keys. IE, I've redeemed Gold keys and received only 3 prizes (including prizes that you normally get from silver keys - like Lime Swirly Neggs, or Master Vex Stamps), or sometimes even only 2 prizes.

I've finally gotten this glitch today. Three of my gold keys were read incorrectly. The message box that pops up that says whatever about inserting your key into the vault door actually said bronze and silver instead of gold :o Boy is that annoying :x

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:18 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

October wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Glitch notice:

I've finally gotten this glitch today. Three of my gold keys were read incorrectly. The message box that pops up that says whatever about inserting your key into the vault door actually said bronze and silver instead of gold :o Boy is that annoying :x

I've now had it happen to two silver keys, too - it gave me bronzes. So, apparently it is no longer only affecting gold keys. :(

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next