Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Items and Galleries
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:59 am 

Okay I have two big questions about Neopets.

1. Is it possible to collect one of every item in Neopets?

and

2. Could you make a gallery big enough to hold one of every item?

This doesn't include the items that say (no trade) like the Starter Paint Brushes. I plan to make side accounts just so I can count them.

And if I can't have a gallery that's big enough, how do I send the NP from one account to another so I can upgrade the gallery in that account?

So actually I have three questions. XD

Post subject: Re: Items and Galleries
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:39 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
airysquared wrote:
Okay I have two big questions about Neopets.

1. Is it possible to collect one of every item in Neopets?

I'd say it's theoretically possible, but highly unlikely. There are a lot of retired and super expensive items that are nearly impossible to buy (e.g. There's only one mug I don't have because it's currently about 20 million NP to buy it.)
airysquared wrote:
2. Could you make a gallery big enough to hold one of every item?

This doesn't include the items that say (no trade) like the Starter Paint Brushes. I plan to make side accounts just so I can count them.

Again, I'd say it's theoretically possible, but highly unlikely. It starts getting a little spendy to expand your gallery after a while.

airysquared wrote:
And if I can't have a gallery that's big enough, how do I send the NP from one account to another so I can upgrade the gallery in that account?

So actually I have three questions. XD

Carefully... Very carefully. You don't want to start violating Neopets rules and wind up with all of your accounts frozen...

Good luck with your collecting.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:46 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

My guess is no, it's not possible to collect 1 of every item in Neopia -- because some are so rare (and retired) that you'd never be able to buy them all, mostly because you'd never raise enough NP. Plus with the addition of new items all the time (including limited-time NC items, which can be put in galleries), and it just doesn't seem feasible to me. That's why it's usually best to limit your gallery to a certain theme.

Regarding gallery size, I'm not sure what the max is, but I do know that it gets more and more expensive to expand the bigger the gallery is. I'm at a relatively small size, and it already costs me close to 10k per upgrade. So even if you could put it all on one account, you'd save a lot of NP by spreading it out across sides -- but then you'd lose some of the impact from a large gallery.

I believe you can transfer NP through setting up trades. First give your side account items from your main. Then set up a trade for each item and bid on it from your main. When you accept the offers from the main, you'll get the NP on your side accounts.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:11 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I agree with Siniri. Choose a theme (or a few themes) that you really like and grow a gallery around that. Some people do Yo-Yos, some do neggs, or maybe even sand. I personally am working on collecting mugs and Lupe stuff. I started doing "blue" stuff (go figure), but it got a bit unwieldly so I downsized it to just Blue Poogle stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:08 pm 

Thanks for the tips. Now I need to think of a theme or two. I don't want to play Neopets 24 hours a day to get points for items after all. Maybe only pet and petpet themed items! That's a good idea, don't you think? Or food...nah, perhaps I'll start with the Eyrie...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:52 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Good idea! Collecting all Eyrie stuff will take you a while. Here's a link to all things Eyrie: Eyrie Stuff at Jelly Neo

There's a couple items that may take a very very long time to obtain, like the Eyrie Guard Helmet...

Good luck & Have fun!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:42 pm 

Oh, I think I've changed my themes officially to Jelly, Book, and Plush. I think that will give me a good variety without being too overwhelming.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]